Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Those quotes don't mean anything to me. Coachspeak is coachspeak. I do like that his career record as a HC is 77-9, and that he won 3 national titles at the lower level. They were a very good program before him but they never broke through once they were upgraded to the Great Plains Athletic Conference, the previous HC only made a 'ship game once and lost. DeBoer took over and won three national championships in four years, with the off fourth year a loss in the national championship game. If we're talking potential Husky HCs, that's a fucking start. As an OC he improved every D1 offense he worked with, oftentimes dramatically improved them. Indiana in 2019 was destroying people on O, and they sucked before DeBoer arrived and sucked after, so yeah.

He would be near the top of my list, yes. Getting assblasted by Boise last week and losing at worthless Hawaii (as PGOS noted) takes some of the shine off it though. This shit is almost always a crapshoot unless you're hiring someone like Urban fucking Meyer.

67-3 at the NAIA level is still 67-3 though, good lord. That level of dominance down there is very Brian Kelly or Jim Tressel-esque.

I’ve always if you’re going after a lower or G5 coach, you hire a guy that ass blasts the competition. Pete’s 92-12 record at Boise fit that theory and DeBoner fits it as well.
    If he can win with shitty white kids from Kingco at the NAIA level he can win anywhere!!!
    You do realize the competition at that level is made up of kids like that on all the teams.
    No shit. I was being sarcastic.

Yeah because they totally had Vita Veas and John Ross’ in d3 ball!! It’s different recruiting those guys than it is Joe Magoo out of Cedar rapids tech high school
    If we are bashing Joe Magoo, I’m out of here.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

Gladstone said:

Those quotes don't mean anything to me. Coachspeak is coachspeak. I do like that his career record as a HC is 77-9, and that he won 3 national titles at the lower level. They were a very good program before him but they never broke through once they were upgraded to the Great Plains Athletic Conference, the previous HC only made a 'ship game once and lost. DeBoer took over and won three national championships in four years, with the off fourth year a loss in the national championship game. If we're talking potential Husky HCs, that's a fucking start. As an OC he improved every D1 offense he worked with, oftentimes dramatically improved them. Indiana in 2019 was destroying people on O, and they sucked before DeBoer arrived and sucked after, so yeah.

He would be near the top of my list, yes. Getting assblasted by Boise last week and losing at worthless Hawaii (as PGOS noted) takes some of the shine off it though. This shit is almost always a crapshoot unless you're hiring someone like Urban fucking Meyer.

67-3 at the NAIA level is still 67-3 though, good lord. That level of dominance down there is very Brian Kelly or Jim Tressel-esque.

I’ve always if you’re going after a lower or G5 coach, you hire a guy that ass blasts the competition. Pete’s 92-12 record at Boise fit that theory and DeBoner fits it as well.
    If he can win with shitty white kids from Kingco at the NAIA level he can win anywhere!!!
    You do realize the competition at that level is made up of kids like that on all the teams.

Yeah because they totally had Vita Veas and John Ross’ in d3 ball!! It’s different recruiting those guys than it is Joe Magoo out of Cedar rapids tech high school
    If we are bashing Joe Magoo, I’m out of here.
    See ya!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

If all the players are at a low talent level and he went 67-3, it’s pretty fucking impressive. Then he was a good OC, now he’s doing pretty good as the head coach at Fresno State.

We wouldn’t know about his recruiting, but like everyone, it can improve simply by him having good offenses at UW.

I want Stoops but quit being a TBS fag.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    BUMP

@Gladstone dialed in

Here the posters who were right can gloat. Those that wanted to hire Matt Campbell, tough look

Also, some good Bob Stoops dooging

Now a legendary thread