Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coker’s Tweet Thread

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Yes they had some bad takes, especially when it comes to player evaluation. However the real overall message that got muddied was recruiting matters, and it does.

Most people here were fine with Lake being promoted and thought he would do well. Hand up, I was one of them, and to give credit where credits due, I remember Coker and Dennis sounding the alarm regarding the early missteps in coach hiring, and recruiting right off the bat, at least until Dennis saw the writing and the wall and killed himself.

Yep

I was more of a LIPO and let’s see what we get but noted that on the surface it’s underwhelming

As with most things with Jimmy … it wasn’t one particular thing that got him fired but the totality of his mistakes
    He coasted once he “made it” and got extremely arrogant when in charge regardless of the results.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yes they had some bad takes, especially when it comes to player evaluation. However the real overall message that got muddied was recruiting matters, and it does.

Most people here were fine with Lake being promoted and thought he would do well. Hand up, I was one of them, and to give credit where credits due, I remember Coker and Dennis sounding the alarm regarding the early missteps in coach hiring, and recruiting right off the bat, at least until Dennis saw the writing and the wall and killed himself.

Damn straight.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

if your looking for coker and ddy you might want to look at the fucking cleaners where my lawyers took them

You are a silent investor in Mattress Mack after all
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

if your looking for coker and ddy you might want to look at the fucking cleaners where my lawyers took them

What am I missing here? Story?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AIDS lawyer?
  • Options
    kanehallkanehall Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Tweet has since been deleted.

Can confirm this to be absolutely correct. She dost have some questionable morals that have been observed around Tubby Graves for a long time. Surprised it hasn’t come up more from the experts around here. P.S. yes she should be fired but whom is going to fire her? The boosters have a lot of control—are they going to give up their control of partly running the athletic department to actually hire a REAL athletic director with experience which may mean they get to have less control. I fucking hope not.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,924
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

Tweet has since been deleted.

One last round to raise the funds to buy Jimmy out?
    She does her best work on her back.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

• Options
    Founders Club

Yes
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Big DDY & Coker fans and most of their recruiting pods were on point and had a great message everything matters recruiting, marketing, everything.

Yes, Bro the OKG shit had racist undertones it’s no fuking coincidence that multiple universities used in negative recruiting!! It was low hanging fruit, and as soon as I heard it I knew it was a problem. Other players dads and local African Americans were offended for a reason. Before it starts not all brown cultures are the same when someone quickly brings up how diverse our team is with the Poly culture. He was not racist but he didn’t appreciate or particularly care for African American culture.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ATLDawg said:

Big DDY & Coker fans and most of their recruiting pods were on point and had a great message everything matters recruiting, marketing, everything.

Yes, Bro the OKG shit had racist undertones it’s no fuking coincidence that multiple universities used in negative recruiting!! It was low hanging fruit, and as soon as I heard it I knew it was a problem. Other players dads and local African Americans were offended for a reason. Before it starts not all brown cultures are the same when someone quickly brings up how diverse our team is with the Poly culture. He was not racist but he didn’t appreciate or particularly care for African American culture.

Cool story
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ATLDawg said:

What up DDY?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My wife always likes to spend money

Put me down for a “yes”…
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited November 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If people got shit to say then say it

If you don’t then don’t

Myopic fast-strategy, slow-strategy, racist-recruiting obsession ruined the TSIO pod.

There, I said it.
    As with most things there’s shreds of truth everywhere

The cringe to me is thinking in those terms … who thinks about being fast/slow strategy?

There’s always some grains of salt you have to take about any thought provoking paper that comes out of academia
    DDY went down the rabbit hole with that stuff despite watching Stanford's big slow white Tight Ends beat UW's BIPOC NFL-bound DBs repeatedly, year after year.

It's almost as if DDY developed an obsession with young black men. But I don't want to start any rumors.

P.S. I still miss the TSIO pod. ;) Faggy-wink. :*
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    ATLDawg said:

He was white. It's okay to say that here, even though being white is not okay.