Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How bad really was Lake's "hit" on Fuavai in the grand scheme of life?

How bad really was Lake's "hit" on Fuavai in the grand scheme of life? 57 votes

I'm a pussy and think nobody should ever be hit and in fact we should change football to flag football
8%
Mad_SonJackDonakeybackthepackNorwegianHuskyBowDownDeathRow 5 votes
It is part of the game and most coaches do that
17%
Fire_Marshall_BillRoadDawg55CuntWafflealumni94Williams3Edwin_BambinoJoeEDangerously1to392831weretakenGayThoughtsSeven_Eleven 10 votes
My mom used to hit me harder than that
7%
no_uhdannarclawsandlHairyBallsDawg 4 votes
My wife or gf hit me harder than that
7%
RaceBannonPostGameOrangeSlicesCSEDawgTripper_Johnson 4 votes
I like it when my wife or gf hit me like that because it means hot makeup sex later that day
15%
Houhuskycreepycougstopdat14FireCohenDeepDawgMontlakeBridgeTrollCanadawgBonedogDucksFC 9 votes
Some of the above
12%
PurpleBazeAtomicDawgStinky_Hankeybiak1Sourceslouism2washdirtysouwfdawg 7 votes
None of the above
5%
bananasnblondesLebamDawgAOG 3 votes
Janet Reno
26%
CFetters_Nacho_Loverskookum79smoothdawgYouKnowItdncchuckNeGgaPlEaSeBayDawgPitchfork51RoadTripFear_BonerUW_Doog_BotPawgDawgNoWarningJustDawgOreDawg 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,544
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Battle of the Trolls.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,113
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I like it when my wife or gf hit me like that because it means hot makeup sex later that day
    That shove in the back just did it for me
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Husband*
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Janet Reno
    He’s not a head coach. He’s not a CEO. I have no problem with what happened in the scheme of things. Watching the second video it was really uncalled for the play was over he was backing up.

Like Gregg Lewis said DJ would have never done that
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Janet Reno
    Too many options
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    None of the above
    Who cares if it gets Jimmy fired
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,964
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of the above
    I went with the best option for me but I didn’t see an option for I’ve hit my kids harder than that.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,964
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of the above
    Waiting for @DugtheDoog to weigh in. I feel like he might provide a very interesting perspective on the matter.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno
    Why are you defending Jimmy Lake?
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2021
    My mom used to hit me harder than that
    The butterfly that landed on Bambi hit harder than that.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno
    If it results in Lake getting replaced then I'll gladly label myself a pussy.

Thst aside I support lots of hitting in most situations, sports and otherwise. Less words, more hits I always say.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    None of the above
    but the butterfly wants to do butt stuff by the looks of it
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,479
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    None of the above
    Everybody does things they shouldn't do. But Lake got caught. That's the only thing wrong with this -- he did it where everybody could see.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    here's my serious take on "the hit". no, not for PC or soft modern society reasons. football is a very physical sport and a lot of the rules for appropriate behavior go out the window at practice and games. if he were outside of those two contexts, then fuck no, you keep you hands to yourself.

but I also subscribe to the view that people who flip out like that are out of control of themselves. do I want my CEO to not be able to control himself? what's next, shit your pants if you feel like it? the guy in charge should not have to act like that. it compromises the legitimacy of his authority. he's like a fucking strength coach at that point.

of course DJ would never have done that. of course Pete would never have done that. get pissed? of course. Saban loses his shit at times you can't even figure out what he's pissed about. But look at the Pete gifs. The stare. The quick and direct "shut the fuck up". The finger point. If you are REALLY in charge, that is all you need.

Think about Money Ball when Billy Beane tells Schott "I'm not leaving. I can't leave with that." This after Shott told him politely and supportively that he's not getting more roster money. When Beane needs to be shown the door, Shott just looks at him seriously, no smile, and says, "What else can I help you with?" THAT is a fucking CEO.

CEO I worked for for over 16 years ... with whom I'd go into battle any day against anybody, was making some fucking point with me after getting something wrong (him), and he was basically shutting me down and I went one too many times with the "But but," and he just looked right at me and simply said, "I'm just sayin' ...." and that's all he said and had to say. Interpretation: you're probably right, but IDGAF because I make the rules and write the history here, and this is our reality now. Discussion time is over."

When the guy in charge is really in charge, you don't need much more than that.

And btw, I agree that Crisco looked goofy AF getting on Hutson for the penalty in whatever game it was. I just saw the clip. Disagree entirely with Gilmore FS making it about Race. That said, Crisco is not a screamer and at that moment he looked like he was trying to look like Saban. Disingenuous. Be you man. It always shows when people are trying to put on a routine for effect.