Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Honor game huh?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,108 Founders Club

Smoke weed and talk shit

And win or look like an idiot

Like me 16 of the last 20

No one here has actually seen @RaceBannon smoking weed and talking shit like Old Yeller has.

Think I might put on the Letterman Jacket today and go talk some shit today to Ducktards.
    That was one of the 4

#ReggieWilliams #danceontheO
    #StanEmpertonTailgate
    #AnimalHouseRV
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,682
    I’d be interested in hearing his take if one of you tried to explain your 1966 and 1984 flags to him.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    edited November 2021

I’d be interested in hearing his take if one of you tried to explain your 1966 and 1984 flags to him.

Who.gif? 1966?

Was it ‘60?

Yes
    edited November 2021
    dnc said:

Was it ‘60?

He's right you know.

It's tuff to explain how beating the #1 team in the biggest game on the last day of the season makes one a champion.

I really don't know what they were thinking.
    Weren’t UW ranked like 6th going into the game? You don’t become #1 just by beating the top ranked team.

Minnesota and Mississippi split the championship as far as the rest of the world is concerned including UW until like 8 years ago.

dnc said:

Was it ‘60?

He's right you know.

It's tuff to explain how beating the #1 team in the biggest game on the last day of the season makes one a champion.

Weren’t UW ranked like 6th going into the game? You don’t become #1 just by beating the top ranked team.

Minnesota and Mississippi split the championship as far as the rest of the world is concerned including UW until like 8 years ago.
    UW claimed it at the time

I was there. Really

They won the poll taken after the bowls

It's a fact. It was in the contemporary media guides
    “The Great Rose Bowl Hoax occurred during halftime. As seen by an estimated 30 million television viewers, students from nearby Caltech altered the plans for the Washington card stunts, which spelled "CALTECH" instead of "HUSKIES" and showed the Caltech Beaver mascot instead of the Washington Husky.”

Sounds like your recruiting rivals were up to no good that day.
  • YimmyFakeYimmyFake Member Posts: 19

dnc said:

Was it ‘60?

He's right you know.

I was there. Really

“The Great Rose Bowl Hoax occurred during halftime. As seen by an estimated 30 million television viewers, students from nearby Caltech altered the plans for the Washington card stunts, which spelled "CALTECH" instead of "HUSKIES" and showed the Caltech Beaver mascot instead of the Washington Husky.”

You actually have to recruit in order to have rivals.
    edited November 2021
    Did you know that this Helms Foundation Pole was literally one guy who made the Pole?

Their? name was Bill Schroeder. And the Helms Foundations wasn’t a foundation. It was a bakery.

So Bill Schroeder just made up his own Pole at the end of each season sponsored by a bakery owned by a guy named Paul Helms.

Come to think of it, let’s not let Kyler in on this. I’m not sure he could take it one day before the big game.
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

dnc said:

Was it ‘60?

He's right you know.

We were awarded the National Championship that year by the Helms Foundation.

The only NC award out of the west coast.

As a fan of a west coast team you ought to appreciate that rivalry or not.

dnc said:

Was it ‘60?

He's right you know.

I was there. Really

I remember that too

I had two prized possessions as a kid

The Sports Illustrated with Schorledt on the cover and the media guide for the 1961 Rose Bowl that was the Minnesota game

My folks were season ticket holders so we got the media guide every season

Hell I have media guides going back to the 80s in a box somewhere

I would most likely scoff at it myself but I grew up dreaming of a return to glory