Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time to checkin on UW’s NIL Director

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

Weird that nobody retracted their dumbfuck NIL takes from the various Karen threads…

Not sure why you believe generic Karen OU fan had anything significant to do with the development or fruition of our new NIL enterprise.
    She didn’t. The point was people had no idea what UW even had in place for NIL or what Karen was hired for (google the damn job description) yet felt compelled to rip her for the most random things like not immediately moving to Seattle to start the next day.
    1. Karen had zero to do with this venture. Defending her because UW finally got their shit together is a nothing burger.
    2. Karens last name is Ramming and she isn't ugly. That alone accounted for two pages worth of posts in this thread. Pretty on par for this forum.
    3. Most on here were frustrated because UW had over a year to come up with this plan before NIL was passed. Instead they watched as 59 other big name and not so big name programs left them in the dust. Why wait?

Good on UW for finally pulling together a comprehensive program to sell to future recruits. Better late than never.
    Much like some were giving Karen too much credit, I think you're doing the same for UW. I'm sure Jen was aware of this and loosely supported the idea, but this is purely a community initiative. Our admin sucks, but our alums at least have a clue
    Fair point. I read the Times article and this was done by alums worried about UW's lack of traction in NIL. I assumed UW was involved so I stand corrected. Jen apparently still sucks.
    Apparently you didn’t make it to the end:

UW, of course, is prohibited from affiliating with Montlake Futures or cultivating NIL deals for its athletes. In February, the university did, however, launch the Boundless Futures program — “a comprehensive personal, professional and leadership development program” encompassing NIL curriculum through the Foster School of Business and a partnership with brand-building platform Opendorse.”

The first Karen thread started off with some bullshit about Karen not being capable of walking into Amazon and flipping her big dick out on the table….

Which I pointed out is not what she was hired for and is not the University’s role in any way shape or form!

I pointed out that UW already had similar programs to what other schools were doing to educate student-athletes and help them build their own brands.
    Jen has mentioned state law before

As I recall just because the NCAA allows it isn't enough

So our heavy hitters need to hit the legislature

I think
    lol... our fans don't show up for games much less affect legistlative reform
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

Sources said:

Weird that nobody retracted their dumbfuck NIL takes from the various Karen threads…

Not sure why you believe generic Karen OU fan had anything significant to do with the development or fruition of our new NIL enterprise.
    She didn’t. The point was people had no idea what UW even had in place for NIL or what Karen was hired for (google the damn job description) yet felt compelled to rip her for the most random things like not immediately moving to Seattle to start the next day.
    1. Karen had zero to do with this venture. Defending her because UW finally got their shit together is a nothing burger.
    2. Karens last name is Ramming and she isn't ugly. That alone accounted for two pages worth of posts in this thread. Pretty on par for this forum.
    3. Most on here were frustrated because UW had over a year to come up with this plan before NIL was passed. Instead they watched as 59 other big name and not so big name programs left them in the dust. Why wait?

Good on UW for finally pulling together a comprehensive program to sell to future recruits. Better late than never.
    Much like some were giving Karen too much credit, I think you're doing the same for UW. I'm sure Jen was aware of this and loosely supported the idea, but this is purely a community initiative. Our admin sucks, but our alums at least have a clue
    Fair point. I read the Times article and this was done by alums worried about UW's lack of traction in NIL. I assumed UW was involved so I stand corrected. Jen apparently still sucks.

UW, of course, is prohibited from affiliating with Montlake Futures or cultivating NIL deals for its athletes. In February, the university did, however, launch the Boundless Futures program — “a comprehensive personal, professional and leadership development program” encompassing NIL curriculum through the Foster School of Business and a partnership with brand-building platform Opendorse.”

The first Karen thread started off with some bullshit about Karen not being capable of walking into Amazon and flipping her big dick out on the table….

Which I pointed out is not what she was hired for and is not the University’s role in any way shape or form!

I pointed out that UW already had similar programs to what other schools were doing to educate student-athletes and help them build their own brands.

I think
    I thought that as well but this isn't fans, this is some big boys

I think UW may be SERIOUS about this

Look, they need money. Bad. So they need fans so they need to win
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

Sources said:

I think
    I thought that as well but this isn't fans, this is some big boys

I think UW may be SERIOUS about this

Look, they need money. Bad. So they need fans so they need to win
    If you need fans, you don't blame them for pointing out you have a shitty team
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2021
    The thing is, blue chip international brands don't need affiliation with a shitty local team. No one owes UW Athletics anything, and when we? consistently prove to be buffoons and fuckups (by hiring an expressly UW-hating chick who is so image-unsavvy that she can't successfully manage her own professional image, suggesting 4 generic shit songs as our stadium signature, coddling failed coaches, having a shitty gameday experience, failing in merchandise, brand exposure, brand perception, etc....), then those companies know UW is not ready (able) to play the bigger games. That's the price you pay for being a fuckup, Jen.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    YimmyFake said:

Still pour.

😆👍
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

I think
    UW can't be affiliated with it which actually works in our favor.

I don't want UW involved in this shit in any way.

Kirkland and some others are already making money from Barstool so state law isn't prohibiting anything.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Sources said:

I think
    UW can't be affiliated with it which actually works in our favor.

I don't want UW involved in this shit in any way.

Kirkland and some others are already making money from Barstool so state law isn't prohibiting anything.
    Why are other states passing laws then?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

This Karen bashing really hit a hot button for you… geez.

Got you all in your feels.

Do you want to talk about it?