Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Heat Pacers Game Thread

For some of you, that are extremely short sighted and like to think that whatever is happening right now is the greatest thing ever, this game will feature the greatest player of all time (who has as many rings as lost Finals) vs his only competition in the Eastern Conference.

Some people say that the NBA regular season is meaningless. There's actually a lot you can learn if you know what you're looking for. I believe this game is a chance for us to learn something. If the Heat win, at Indiana, the Eastern Conference is over. The Pacers have to have home court advantage and they have to believe that they will beat Miami at home.

Blue Collar. Gold Swag.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    Awfully cold out for May. That's when these teams will play each other in games that matter.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

For some of you, that are extremely short sighted and like to think that whatever is happening right now is the greatest thing ever, this game will feature the greatest player of all time (who has as many rings as lost Finals) vs his only competition in the Eastern Conference.

right now the Nets look like more competition than the pacers. Paul George isn't right.
    To say the pacers are their only competition is FS, they are their biggest competitor, but the Nets or the Bulls could probably push them to 6 maybe even 7 games
  • Options
    and as sven said, it's the fucking regular season
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

and as sven said, it's the fucking regular season

So it's the regular season so it's meaningless. But the Nets and Bulls could push them because of what they've done in the regular season? So it's meaningless. Unless it happens to support your opinion. Got it.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

right now the Nets look like more competition than the pacers. Paul George isn't right.
    To say the pacers are their only competition is FS, they are their biggest competitor, but the Nets or the Bulls could probably push them to 6 maybe even 7 games
    The Nets and Bulls are fucking dreck.

The Blazers are better than both of those teams and I think Portland's season is over.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    that opinion is valid, I guess we'll see come May, when the games actually count. I bet you both those teams could push the heat to six games.
  • Options
    it's more about how badly the heat and pacers are playing than how good the bulls and nets are. But the heat and pacers are probably just in coast mode. Maybe I'm reading too much into this
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

that opinion is valid, I guess we'll see come May, when the games actually count. I bet you both those teams could push the heat to six games.

Pushing the Heat to six games isn't competing with them.
  • Options
    Well that's what I meant by the statement
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Excited for this game. Will probably load a #freshbowl after I get done playing call of duty and masturbating all day get home from work and enjoy.
  • Options
    Both the Heat and the Pacers are playing pretty drecky right now. However, you can completely tell that the Heat are on cruise control waiting for the playoffs. They really don't care if the Pacers "win" the East in the regular season.

I had the Pacers for most of the season before this recent slump. Can't really blame it on not being motivated like Miami's issue. I think they can still beat the Heat but I am taking dynasty beach as of right now.

I will say that Dallas I think could fuck up a few teams sleeping in the playoffs if Dirk plays like he did last night.
  • Options

Some people say that the NBA regular season is meaningless. There's actually a lot you can learn if you know what you're looking for. I believe this game is a chance for us to learn something. If the Heat win, at Indiana, the Eastern Conference is over. The Pacers have to have home court advantage and they have to believe that they will beat Miami at home.

Blue Collar. Gold Swag.

You mean like in 2011, when the Lakers beat the Mavericks by 28 at the end of March and then got swept by the Mavs in the playoffs?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=310331013

The Heat lost 3 times in April to the Celtics in 2012, yet beat them in a 7 game series in the playoffs. Regular season match ups never have, and never will mean anything.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1966/year/2012/lebron-james
    Silly. You don't think I can find random regular season games that match up with what happened in the playoffs?

I said there's a lot you can learn, if you know what you're looking for. Not ZOMG EVERY GAME IS A FUCKING PREDICTION AND WILL BARE OUT EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

I think this specific game will be telling because we'll find out if the Pacers are bored or on cruise control or if there's something actually wrong. If they can't turn it back on for this game they're in big trouble. And as much as everyone says the Heat are throwing away home court, check the standings. See what happens if Miami wins this game. This game is huge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    If Indiana wins tonight I'm still picking the Heat over them in the playoffs. If the Heat win tonight I'm still picking the Heat over them in the playoffs.

This game will be fun to watch but to take anything from a regular season game in March is FS.
  • Options

If Indiana wins tonight I'm still picking the Heat over them in the playoffs. If the Heat win tonight I'm still picking the Heat over them in the playoffs.

This game will be fun to watch but to take anything from a regular season game in March is FS.

Yea I see Indiana winning tonight because Allen is out and Wade has missed the last 2 as well. Miami will still beat them in the playoffs though.
  • Options

Yea I see Indiana winning tonight because Allen is out and Wade has missed the last 2 as well. Miami will still beat them in the playoffs though.
    This game means more to Indiana than it does Miami. The Bulls have won every regular season series against Miami the past three years yet Miami is 8-2 against them in the postseason.

The Lakers with Shaq-Kobe used to do this too which is why they only had the Western Conference best record only once(their title) year. After that they simply would go on cruise control.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blue Collar. Gold Swag.

You mean like in 2011, when the Lakers beat the Mavericks by 28 at the end of March and then got swept by the Mavs in the playoffs?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=310331013

The Heat lost 3 times in April to the Celtics in 2012, yet beat them in a 7 game series in the playoffs. Regular season match ups never have, and never will mean anything.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1966/year/2012/lebron-james
    Silly. You don't think I can find random regular season games that match up with what happened in the playoffs?

I said there's a lot you can learn, if you know what you're looking for. Not ZOMG EVERY GAME IS A FUCKING PREDICTION AND WILL BARE OUT EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

I think this specific game will be telling because we'll find out if the Pacers are bored or on cruise control or if there's something actually wrong. If they can't turn it back on for this game they're in big trouble. And as much as everyone says the Heat are throwing away home court, check the standings. See what happens if Miami wins this game. This game is huge.
    There is nothing to look for other than to enjoy a game in which both teams should play hard. It doesn't really matter if there is something wrong or not because there is close to a month left in the season, and an easy first round series to get it right.
  • Options
    I've learned that Lebron is the best player on the court and that the Heat can't stop Hibbert as they lack size. Oh wait I already knew that.
  • Options
    Looks like an NCAA game out there with whistles every possession. Let em play, Christ.
  • Options
    APAG, I'll say this I did learn that Haslem is still alive and well. So I did learn something from watching this game.

The rest of the game is what you'll see in a 7 game series.

Chalmers is either horrible or great. Never a middle for him. Today he is terrible and next meeting wouldn't be shocked if he was terrific.