Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Heat Pacers Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Lance Stephenson just got thrown out for making Dwyane Wade laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Lebron has been on fire this game scoring 38 of the teams 80 points. Haslem despite not much of a line changed the game as Hibbert was destroying the Heat.

Pacers still have no PG play and Stephenson although a bullshit tech can't put himself in that situation.
  • Options
    That reminded me of a Romar play call. Instead of letting your best player shoot the game winner you fool them by setting up your shitty big man in Bosh(with Romar it was Jensen or Gant).

Good win for the Pacers but Wade, Chalmers and Bosh no showed plus no Allen I don't think the Heat are worried.
  • Options
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT.
  • Options

APAG, I'll say this I did learn that Haslem is still alive and well. So I did learn something from watching this game.

The rest of the game is what you'll see in a 7 game series.

Chalmers is either horrible or great. Never a middle for him. Today he is terrible and next meeting wouldn't be shocked if he was terrific.

The Haslem thing was interesting. Hibbert had nothing for him.

Chalmers is fun to watch because of the crazy swings in his play. But he's done himself a real disservice by becoming a huge flopper. He doesn't get the benefit of any calls anymore. Wades a flopper but he's also Wade. He can get away with it.
  • Options

APAG, I'll say this I did learn that Haslem is still alive and well. So I did learn something from watching this game.

Chalmers is either horrible or great. Never a middle for him. Today he is terrible and next meeting wouldn't be shocked if he was terrific.

Chalmers is fun to watch because of the crazy swings in his play. But he's done himself a real disservice by becoming a huge flopper. He doesn't get the benefit of any calls anymore. Wades a flopper but he's also Wade. He can get away with it.
    I think the thing we did learn today is that Oden despite being picked up for this very series can't play against this team and that Haslem needs to start.

Chalmers is all over the place, figured by now he'd grow out of this but he hasn't. His attempted flop at the end was hilarious and he was bitching. It's like dude you aren't an all-star you are a nobody so don't expect that call.

The Pacers have nothing at PG still which is what doomed them the last two years against Miami. Chalmers will have his 1-2 games where he is hot while George Hill just plain sucks.
  • Options

That reminded me of a Romar play call. Instead of letting your best player shoot the game winner you fool them by setting up your shitty big man in Bosh(with Romar it was Jensen or Gant).

Good win for the Pacers but Wade, Chalmers and Bosh no showed plus no Allen I don't think the Heat are worried.

I don't have the numbers but I'm pretty sure Bosh is consistently bad against Indiana. Ray Allen's stunk all year. Wade is a shadow of his former self according to you.

I don't know why you think it's not even worth worrying about. It went 7 last year and Indiana should have home court this year. The Heat are not some juggernaut.
  • Options

I think the thing we did learn today is that Oden despite being picked up for this very series can't play against this team and that Haslem needs to start.

Chalmers is all over the place, figured by now he'd grow out of this but he hasn't. His attempted flop at the end was hilarious and he was bitching. It's like dude you aren't an all-star you are a nobody so don't expect that call.

The Pacers have nothing at PG still which is what doomed them the last two years against Miami. Chalmers will have his 1-2 games where he is hot while George Hill just plain sucks.
    I don't think George Hill sucks. He just can't create offense for himself or anyone else. But he's a good defender and good shooter.
  • Options

I don't have the numbers but I'm pretty sure Bosh is consistently bad against Indiana. Ray Allen's stunk all year. Wade is a shadow of his former self according to you.

I don't know why you think it's not even worth worrying about. It went 7 last year and Indiana should have home court this year. The Heat are not some juggernaut.
    It's not worth worrying about because it's inevitable it will go 7. This game played out exactly like their series did last year. Lebron dominated, Wade and Bosh no showed. George and Hibbert were great while Hill/bench was awful.

What I mean by not worrying about is nothing new came up that would give Miami concern that they already didn't know about.

As for Wade he is a shadow of his former self that is the facts. Guy has missed 19 games and had to check out this game with 2 minutes left in a one point game after having a costly turnover. He used to be a first-team all-NBA player and he's nowhere near that.

With this win that means Miami is going to have to win in their gym at least twice come May.
  • Options
    You did forget one other thing that we learned. Michael Beasley ain't playing a meaningful minute for the Heat. Ever.
  • Options

You did forget one other thing that we learned. Michael Beasley ain't playing a meaningful minute for the Heat. Ever.

I actually put him in my original draft then took it out since he's so irrelevant but yes he won't play unless it's a blowout.

Is Battier hurt? Are they saving him? I'd figured he'd play a role in a game like this especially with Allen being out.
  • Options

Beasley will have one game where he provides a spark when Battier and/or Allen are cold. You can't count on him for anything more than that though.

I used to think that but that's going to be hard to do when he literally never sees the court. I mean Rashard Lewis and Tony Douglous played today while he and Battier received DNP-Coaches Decision.

I'm sure Battier might get some run as he plays defense while Beasley doesn't.

In the playoffs against Pacers I'm guessing they'll start Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Haslem. Off the bench will be Allen, Cole and Birdman. In a pinch maybe Battier, if foul trouble then Oden.

Lewis and Beasley will only play in blowouts.
  • Options
    I don't know if he's hurt or not. He played a little in their last game. He hasn't been very good this year. I'm sure they'll give him a shot in the playoffs. But if his shot isn't falling it's hard to have him out there guarding David West.
  • Options

I don't know if he's hurt or not. He played a little in their last game. He hasn't been very good this year. I'm sure they'll give him a shot in the playoffs. But if his shot isn't falling it's hard to have him out there guarding David West.

I just looked at his numbers they are horrible. He still provides defense though and has shown to get streaky out of nowhere. Last two years in the playoffs was awful first two years, bad in ECF then was red hot in the NBA Finals.

Like I said I think their playoff rotation is set. Will start usual four of Chalmers, Wade, Lebron and Bosh along with Haslem. Bring Allen, Cole and Birdman off the bench. In a pinch go with Battier and foul trouble go with Oden.

Douglas, Beasley and Lewis will rack up DNP coaches decisions.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It's not worth worrying about because it's inevitable it will go 7. This game played out exactly like their series did last year. Lebron dominated, Wade and Bosh no showed. George and Hibbert were great while Hill/bench was awful.

What I mean by not worrying about is nothing new came up that would give Miami concern that they already didn't know about.

As for Wade he is a shadow of his former self that is the facts. Guy has missed 19 games and had to check out this game with 2 minutes left in a one point game after having a costly turnover. He used to be a first-team all-NBA player and he's nowhere near that.

With this win that means Miami is going to have to win in their gym at least twice come May.
    Miami only gets two home games in the ECF now?
  • Options

Miami only gets two home games in the ECF now?
    Each team is going to win on their home court. They are evenly matched and the Pacers have won on Miami's floor last two postseasons.

Miami is going to have to beat the Pacers twice in Indiana IMO.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

You know Race is truly dead when all this Heat talk can't resurrect his AIDSY ass.