Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michael fucking Jordan

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Will never be surpassed. Not in 1,000 years. Kobe-I-like-to-rape-me-some-bitches-cuz-I-can't-get-none-for-free-with-my-funky-conehead-Bryant and LeTwat James could fit their entire bodies into the colossal footprint left behind by this titan. They might as well be Detlef Shrempf or Manute Bol. Dropping bombs from all over the court when a game is on the line. Completely poised and unflustered, totally commanding the game when the ship is about to sink. Who wouldn't want this guy on their team? In any sport?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Get this shit off allkobeallbryant's bored
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Agreed. Kobe Rapist, baby Bron, and Durant can't even sniff his jock. The NBA hasn't been the same without him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Lebron is stronger than MJ, he's also a better three point shooter than MJ, he also is asked to do more for his team than MJ.

MJ was more clutch I'll give you that. However, if I had to start a franchise with one player I'd take Lebron over MJ(ILTCHTIWID)
  • Options

Lebron is stronger than MJ, he's also a better three point shooter than MJ, he also is asked to do more for his team than MJ.

MJ was more clutch I'll give you that. However, if I had to start a franchise with one player I'd take Lebron over MJ(ILTCHTIWID)

He's asked to do more? WTH? Michael Jordan was expected to win games singlehandedly, by himself, when the situation required it, which was often. Put him alone on the court by himself with Patrick Ewing, John Starks, Charles Oakley and the rest of the old New York thugs and he could come from 15 points behind and win the game with 2 minutes left on the clock.
  • Options

He's asked to do more? WTH? Michael Jordan was expected to win games singlehandedly, by himself, when the situation required it, which was often. Put him alone on the court by himself with Patrick Ewing, John Starks, Charles Oakley and the rest of the old New York thugs and he could come from 15 points behind and win the game with 2 minutes left on the clock.
    You act like he didn't play with Pippen or he never had a good big man(Horace Grant or Rodman) or the fact he never had shooters(Armstrong, Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc) or the fact he didn't have a top 5 coach of all-time.

Stop this lazy narrative that MJ(ILTCHTIWID) had to win games by himself. Lebron literally had to do that in Cleveland as he had nothing.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

You act like he didn't play with Pippen or he never had a good big man(Horace Grant or Rodman) or the fact he never had shooters(Armstrong, Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc) or the fact he didn't have a top 5 coach of all-time.

Stop this lazy narrative that MJ(ILTCHTIWID) had to win games by himself. Lebron literally had to do that in Cleveland as he had nothing.
    Horace Grant was good but not always reliable. Pippen was bad ass but was off at times. Jordan was nearly always on. And he would leave Lebron wheezing in the dust in every facet of the game. The two simply can't be compared.
  • Options

Horace Grant was good but not always reliable. Pippen was bad ass but was off at times. Jordan was nearly always on. And he would leave Lebron wheezing in the dust in every facet of the game. The two simply can't be compared.
    Pippen is better than anyone Lebron has ever played with.

Wade historically may or may not be greater than Pippen but when Lebron started playing with him he wasn't better than Pippen.

Pippen always had to guard the opponents best wing player and remember in the 1991 Finals he was guarding Magic after game one since Magic had his way with Michael.

Grant/Rodman were good big men who played good defense and owned the boards. Keep painting this picture MJ had no talent around him. It's simply not true.
  • Options

Wade historically may or may not be greater than Pippen but when Lebron started playing with him he wasn't better than Pippen.

Pippen always had to guard the opponents best wing player and remember in the 1991 Finals he was guarding Magic after game one since Magic had his way with Michael.

Grant/Rodman were good big men who played good defense and owned the boards. Keep painting this picture MJ had no talent around him. It's simply not true.
    MJ had talent around him, no question. But most people who watched Jordan play would probably agree that Lebron cannot and will not eclipse his individual talent and abilities.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Is this a whoosh? Wade is better than Pippen. Bosh is better than any big man MJ ever played with. Ray Allen is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.

There are many reasons why Lebron can never pass Jordan. Jordan never quit on his team like Lebron did in last game for Cleveland. Jordan never disappeared in the Finals like Lebron did against Dallas. Lebron had guys like Jason Kidd and JJ Barrea guarding him and he's playing hot potato.

The biggest reason though, the horrific mistake you have made, is that you do not ever want to piss MJ off. This is a man that was obsessed with winning. He would take any tiny perceived slight and use it as fuel. And you want to pick someone else ahead of him? So, you picked first and you took Lebron. You want poke the giant, ok, alright. I'll take Jordan second and he'll spend every second obsessing over destroying Lebron. How do you think Lebron is going to react to that?

Guys like Lebron and Kobe are great players. Great at basketball. Truly amazing on the court. Michael Jordan was something else, something more.
  • Options

Is this a whoosh? Wade is better than Pippen. Bosh is better than any big man MJ ever played with. Ray Allen is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.

There are many reasons why Lebron can never pass Jordan. Jordan never quit on his team like Lebron did in last game for Cleveland. Jordan never disappeared in the Finals like Lebron did against Dallas. Lebron had guys like Jason Kidd and JJ Barrea guarding him and he's playing hot potato.

The biggest reason though, the horrific mistake you have made, is that you do not ever want to piss MJ off. This is a man that was obsessed with winning. He would take any tiny perceived slight and use it as fuel. And you want to pick someone else ahead of him? So, you picked first and you took Lebron. You want poke the giant, ok, alright. I'll take Jordan second and he'll spend every second obsessing over destroying Lebron. How do you think Lebron is going to react to that?

Guys like Lebron and Kobe are great players. Great at basketball. Truly amazing on the court. Michael Jordan was something else, something more.
    Where is the "legendary flag" when you need it? Awesome post.
  • Options

That's worse than saying "if I had to start a franchise with one coach I'd take Mark Helfrich over Chip Kelly."
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Wade over Pippen is very debatable. I take Pippen here because he was one of the best defenders to play the game. Just the complete package, could guard 1-5 exceptionally well, put the ball in the hoop, and drop dimes.

Rodman is better than Bosh. Inch for inch the best rebounder in NBA history. Complete nastiness defensively, tenacious, intimidating. If you're trying to win a championship Rodman is by far the better big man piece than Bosh, and it's not even close.
    Don't take APAG seriously when it comes to NBA talk. He supported the Pelicans trading the #6 pick and a first rounder for Jrue Holiday......

Of course Pippen is better than the Wade that Lebron has played with.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Wade over Pippen is very debatable. I take Pippen here because he was one of the best defenders to play the game. Just the complete package, could guard 1-5 exceptionally well, put the ball in the hoop, and drop dimes.

Rodman is better than Bosh. Inch for inch the best rebounder in NBA history. Complete nastiness defensively, tenacious, intimidating. If you're trying to win a championship Rodman is by far the better big man piece than Bosh, and it's not even close.
    Don't take APAG seriously when it comes to NBA talk. He supported the Pelicans trading the #6 pick and a first rounder for Jrue Holiday......

Agreed. We should take the dude who thinks Lebron is better than MJ seriously.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Agreed. We should take the dude who thinks Lebron is better than MJ seriously.
    I never said Lebron is better than MJ. Just said I"d start my team with Lebron as he is more versatile.

MJ I'd rank over Lebron. I'd say I'd put Russell over both though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Wade and Pippen is a tough decision. Pippen was possibly the best player in the NBA when Jordan retired the first time. He was certainly top 5 (Hakeem, David Robinson, Malone, Shaq, Barkley) and he was the best perimeter defender in the league. Wade is great too. Even though Wade isn't as dynamic as he once was, the past two years he has averaged 21.2 and 19.3 while shooting over 50%. He's still really good.

Rodman over Bosh is a no brainer. I remember Charles Barkley saying the Heat had the three best players when they played the Bulls in the playoffs last year. I thought it was fucking stupid because I'm taking Noah over Bosh every time.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

Doogles said:

Wade and Pippen is a tough decision. Pippen was possibly the best player in the NBA when Jordan retired the first time. He was certainly top 5 (Hakeem, David Robinson, Malone, Shaq, Barkley) and he was the best perimeter defender in the league. Wade is great too. Even though Wade isn't as dynamic as he once was, the past two years he has averaged 21.2 and 19.3 while shooting over 50%. He's still really good.

Rodman over Bosh is a no brainer. I remember Charles Barkley saying the Heat had the three best players when they played the Bulls in the playoffs last year. I thought it was fucking stupid because I'm taking Noah over Bosh every time.

This. Almost called Rodman a Noah on steroids in my original response.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Wade flopped his way to a ring without LeBron.

Pippen, not so much.