Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Perfect Time to go to Sam

(prefaced- obviously not happening, but still)

Look at the next four games:

-@Arizona
-@Stanford
-Oregon
-ASU

You could ease Sam into the starting role against one of the worst FBS teams in recent memory. Then you can see what he has against our remaining three decent-good opponents.

If, by some miracle, he goes 4-0 or even 3-1 and UW has a chance at making the championship game- then you burn the redshirt and keep playing him.

If, as is likely, he goes 1-3 or 2-2 then you hang up his cleats due to some kind of minor injury and let DMo play out the string of this meaningless season.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He will start two games before the Apple cup.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Yeah, I assume so but that is clearly an inferior strategy as that would mean his first start is likely against ASU (and their conference leading 3.2 sacks per game.)

It would also mean that we miss any upside potential if he is actually better than Morris because he won't get a chance until the season is already over.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, I assume so but that is clearly an inferior strategy as that would mean his first start is likely against ASU (and their conference leading 3.2 sacks per game.)

It would also mean that we miss any upside potential if he is actually better than Morris because he won't get a chance until the season is already over.
    The season was over in week 1.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Sam only has 3 games to play without burning his redshirt … not 4 … he got a quarter of play against Arkansas St

Yeah, but still…
  • Options

This redshirt talk is stupid. Sam is not going to be here as a 5th year senior. He'll either be in the NFL or at Fresno State

I agree but I thought his camp wanted him to redshirt. Just the assumption I was working off of.

Turns out he played a quarter in our riveting win over Arkansas State so my plan sucks anyway.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This redshirt talk is stupid. Sam is not going to be here as a 5th year senior. He'll either be in the NFL or at Fresno State

I agree but I thought his camp wanted him to redshirt. Just the assumption I was working off of.

Turns out he played a quarter in our riveting win over Arkansas State so my plan sucks anyway.
    I think its more that his camp wanted him to sit and learn behind a leader. They never expected this shit
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i wouldn’t burn a redshirt for this shitshow
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

disagree
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’m not even super high on Sam, but it’s time. The team needs a spark and it seems crazy not to give another QB a chance. Morris isn’t getting it done and has gotten plenty of chances.

Why aren't you high on Sam? Young, immobile? Morris looks like he's on crack out there.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think its more that his camp wanted him to sit and learn behind a leader. They never expected this shit
    It’s well documented Damon wanted him to redshirt. If he’s good he likely is gone after his junior year obviously.

Or he could be good but not a huge nfl prospect. I have no idea what his arm strength is like as his highlights are usually touch throws and that appears to be his strength.

Or he could suck. It will be riveting.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

I’m not even super high on Sam, but it’s time. The team needs a spark and it seems crazy not to give another QB a chance. Morris isn’t getting it done and has gotten plenty of chances.

Why aren't you high on Sam? Young, immobile? Morris looks like he's on crack out there.
    He had D-1 WR’s and he played in the air raid. He throws a nice ball. I’m just not sure how he will handle it live and he’s not going to be much of a runner. Most young QB’s that do well can run. On top of that, he didn’t beat out Morris who isn’t good.

Morris is bad. I want Sam to start this week. I just am more LIPO than really excited about him. I like him. I don’t love him.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Morris is amazing in practice.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

RoadTrip said:

He had D-1 WR’s and he played in the air raid. He throws a nice ball. I’m just not sure how he will handle it live and he’s not going to be much of a runner. Most young QB’s that do well can run. On top of that, he didn’t beat out Morris who isn’t good.

Morris is bad. I want Sam to start this week. I just am more LIPO than really excited about him. I like him. I don’t love him.
    That’s one of your worst takes … and that’s saying something

Sam missed effectively his Sr year of HS … so that’s a sign for redshirting

That said it’s obvious going to practices that Sam throws a ball that Dylan couldn’t dream of playing