Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your todo today. Mail huskyad@uw.edu and president@uw.edu

2»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021
    I haven’t gone to a game this year but the upper deck looks about 1/3 full on tv. I assume they are giving away tickets to people.

In the lower bowl, I don’t imagine people were paying for those.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,618
    The President needs to show some pride in her job and make changes. The current AD could retire to the private sector and the new AD makes the football hire while assessing Hopkins over the 2021-2022 season. Hopkins just may do well enough to stick around another year and spare the budget.

On a relative basis, Lake's $9.9 million buyout isn't that bad. Hopefully DeBoer would accept a 4 year deal with a mutual 5th year option: structure it $3 million in 2022, $4 million in 2023, and $4.5 million in 2024, and $4.5 in 2025 with a mutual 5th year option at $6 million.

If I'm the AD, I would certainly be willing renegotiate his deal at $5 million + per season if he wins the Pac-12 North in his first 2 or 3 seasons. He'll probably win 9 regular season games at Fresno State this year. Haener is trying to gut through hip and ankle injuries yet Fresno State found a way to win 17-0 @ Wyoming.

If you go after someone like Matt Campbell, his buyout is around $6 million and he'll want at least $6 million per year. He's more of a sure thing but I'd guess around $20 million more expensive.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021
    Maybe just maybe they will begin to notice when all our? their games are on PAC12 network in stead of ESPN and FOX - the TV payout might make a difference

Edit: hopefully the revenue is not shared by all programs
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club

They only listen to money. Empty stadium lost revenues and no one GAF then

This. When there are 25K paying people on game day then they will care.