Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

85 Percent....

2»

Comments

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I see Abilene Christian has a game vs. Georgia State prior to the Huskie game. Abilene Christian plays Ave Maria later in the year. Tailgater singles out Eastern as wasting his money, but he is silent about a team playing "Ave Maria."

I don't believe I'd pay to see anybody play Ave Maria, much less sing it.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

The best strategy is similar to what Cheers does. I pick the games I want to go to, go onto CraigsList and usually pay to get the best possible seats. But there isn't a markup. Do that for 3 games each year instead of getting the season pass for about the same price.

That's the only way to do it with this new dreckfest scheduling. This year the only games I'm attending are UCLA, Stanford and maybe Eastern only because it's Chris Petersen's first home game.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tailgater said:

I see Abilene Christian has a game vs. Georgia State prior to the Huskie game. Abilene Christian plays Ave Maria later in the year. Tailgater singles out Eastern as wasting his money, but he is silent about a team playing "Ave Maria."

You are kind of a pseudo-intellectual football commentator, but tinged throughout by a sort of misplaced arrogance. I've reminded you several times that not only was the EWU game an out of balance affair dominated by the Eagles, and only lost by some fumbles, which the huskies smartly capitalized on, but also that the real problem with the schedule is not Eastern but the lack of a marquee game at all. If the schedule read Boise St, EWU, Notre Dame it would be fine. But you along with others here constantly single out EWU as the problem. The fact is that EWU would likely beat most of the other OCC teams, but you ignore this and prefer your arrogant stance. I give you credit, for being less of a complete asshole than these other idiots left on this crap board, at least. But, the arrogance puts you on an even field with them.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Remember... it was Sark who helped set this schedule up. At the time, Neither he nor Woody realized Haden could possible be *this* FS and needed a schedule that could deliver a 9 *real* win season... not just a season that felt like 9 wins.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

I was part of the 15%. Tired of throwing money away. If I go to the games, I'll just buy a seat from an online ticket broker like Epic Seats or StubHub. By Friday, the prices are fucking plummeting faster than an Asian whore's mouth on my two inches of thunder.

Getting 60% off the day before the game >>>> paying full price plus the Tyee ass-rape fee in February

Epic is consistently the most expensive reseller in my professional opinion.

I'm not saying there won't be a discount available in the secondary market, but the chances are far less likely it will be as much as 60% because those 1000 extra seats won't be there this year.
    Okay, well then fuck what I'm saying in regards to Epic Seats or StubHub. Go to the fucking stadium on a Saturday morning and look at all the scalpers losing their asses. They buy good seats for $20 and they're lucky to break even on them.

With dreck OOC programs like EWU, Georgia St. (GEORGIA FUCKING STATE? Are you fucking kidding me Woodward?), and Illinois...why spend the extra $$$?
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Seems like 4% of abundance. 81% or DIAFF.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Tailgater said:

You are kind of a pseudo-intellectual football commentator, but tinged throughout by a sort of misplaced arrogance. I've reminded you several times that not only was the EWU game an out of balance affair dominated by the Eagles, and only lost by some fumbles, which the huskies smartly capitalized on, but also that the real problem with the schedule is not Eastern but the lack of a marquee game at all. If the schedule read Boise St, EWU, Notre Dame it would be fine. But you along with others here constantly single out EWU as the problem. The fact is that EWU would likely beat most of the other OCC teams, but you ignore this and prefer your arrogant stance. I give you credit, for being less of a complete asshole than these other idiots left on this crap board, at least. But, the arrogance puts you on an even field with them.
    RoadDawg55 and Tailgater have forgotten more about Husky Football than you will ever know you little snot nosed cunt! Either hit the gates or choke on a dick! Your choice.

I can't wait for TequillaFS to take this post seriously.