Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

85 Percent....

TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
...... return sales so far on Husky Football season tickets with five months remaining to get back up to 2013's inaugural season high water mark. This of course does not include student tickets. Woody now has the stadium and a new football coaching staff which actually includes an authentic head coach, the first to walk the north sideline in Husky Stadium in 22 seasons. All our AD needs now is to pull his scheduling head out or find a new asshole. I'll try not to think about it when I hand over four UW vs EWU tickets to my grandsons costing us $571, but having an aggregate street value of not more than 60 bucks. I just hope they don't think grandpa is as big a mark as I do. They'd get far more out of it going to a Rock concert at the Gorge.

Yah, I know. TL & FU

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Will they be attending the Slayer/Cannibal Corpse double bill? Should be a swell time.
  • Options
    Would depend on what they can get scalping the UW vs EWU rip-off,..... so I doubt it.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So, what you're saying is... ticket sales have crashed 15% since Sark left.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Being in the ticket brokerage business for a few years now, I can tell you it doesn't have anything to do with Sark. This year, it's the fucking schedule, and it fucking sucks.

Between myself and 4 guys I know, we are giving up nearly 1000 season tickets. (I'm only 50 of them.) The schedule is fucking garbage. Last year we were able to pay for the whole season off 3 games.

And it sure didn't help that the AD wanted all the tickets paid-in-full 6 months ahead of time.

Going forward, if Peterman can get us back to competing for P12 Championships, and the fickle Seattle doogs (12s included) start buying tickets again, it will be a different story.

Until then, FYFMFE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    pawz said:

Being in the ticket brokerage business for a few years now, I can tell you it doesn't have anything to do with Sark. This year, it's the fucking schedule, and it fucking sucks.

Between myself and 4 guys I know, we are giving up nearly 1000 season tickets. (I'm only 50 of them.) The schedule is fucking garbage. Last year we were able to pay for the whole season off 3 games.

And it sure didn't help that the AD wanted all the tickets paid-in-full 6 months ahead of time.

Going forward, if Peterman can get us back to competing for P12 Championships, and the fickle Seattle doogs (12s included) start buying tickets again, it will be a different story.

Until then, FYFMFE.
    I suggest reading his name next time. Pretty obvious he was Sarkastic.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Yes, season ticket sales excluding students are down so far 15%, and there's time to make up some of the drop-off before the first kick-off. It has nothing to do with the coaching change and everything to do with money that's saved scheduling OOC cupcakes.

In addition to better OOC scheduling, there's things the AD could do that haven't been done to enhance ticket sales and someday get back to sell-out crowds. However, I don't think more ticket revenue from football is a concern of Woody's.

As long as there's enough money from football to pay Winter Season travel and subsistence costs for softball, baseball, and golf, I believe Woody is as happy as those occasional trips to the sun-belt can make any college AD.

TL;FU

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tailgater said:

Yes, season ticket sales excluding students are down so far 15%, and there's time to make up some of the drop-off before the first kick-off. It has nothing to do with the coaching change and everything to do with money that's saved scheduling OOC cupcakes.

In addition to better OOC scheduling, there's things the AD could do that haven't been done to enhance ticket sales and someday get back to sell-out crowds. However, I don't think more ticket revenue from football is a concern of Woody's.

As long as there's enough money from football to pay Winter Season travel and subsistence costs for softball, baseball, and golf, I believe Woody is as happy as those occasional trips to the sun-belt can make any college AD.

TL;FU

Your best effort.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    The obvious solution to this is - more Crazy Larry
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    pawz said:

Until then, FYFMFE.
    But his point is still true... ticket sales have crashed 15% since Sark left.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I was part of the 15%. Tired of throwing money away. If I go to the games, I'll just buy a seat from an online ticket broker like Epic Seats or StubHub. By Friday, the prices are fucking plummeting faster than an Asian whore's mouth on my two inches of thunder.

Getting 60% off the day before the game >>>> paying full price plus the Tyee ass-rape fee in February

Epic is consistently the most expensive reseller in my professional opinion.

I'm not saying there won't be a discount available in the secondary market, but the chances are far less likely it will be as much as 60% because those 1000 extra seats won't be there this year.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Until then, FYFMFE.
    Your inference that Sark is the reason for said decline is folly. IMO it's systemic.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Until then, FYFMFE.
    If you can't see that the declining ticket sales have less to do with the Armenian Double Chin, and more to do with scheduling the Georgia Lighthouse for the Blind, then this bored cannot help you.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Capitalism at work.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Still too many people buying season tickets.

If you're one of them, fuck you.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Until then, FYFMFE.
    Your inference that Sark is the reason for said decline is folly. IMO it's systemic.
    Oh, I'm not trying to infer anything. I know that Sark isn't the reason for the decline in renewals. What I'm saying is that it's true that since Sark left, ticket sales are down. They're not related to each other, but it's still funny to make fun of Sark whenever possible.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2014
    I see Abilene Christian has a game vs. Georgia State prior to the Huskie game. Abilene Christian plays Ave Maria later in the year. Tailgater singles out Eastern as wasting his money, but he is silent about a team playing "Ave Maria."
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The best strategy is similar to what Cheers does. I pick the games I want to go to, go onto CraigsList and usually pay to get the best possible seats. But there isn't a markup. Do that for 3 games each year instead of getting the season pass for about the same price.
  • Options
    The cherry-picking strategy is fine if it works for you, but I have a crew that's accustomed to and expects a certain level of commitment from me and the other adult man I'm partnered with. With four premium seats, we aren't yet half of what we used to be and I know when the Huskies start winning big again, we'll be under pressure to get back to where we once were in number of seats and maybe more so. I'll never mind the pressure and in fact I relish it and Husky football is something we've always done. But damn, I hate being taken advantage of as we are now with the Big Sky bullshit and forcing us to pay for tickets to see our kids scrimmage against FCS brand X. It's worse than the NFL's habit of charging their season ticket buyers full price for preseason games.