Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kawasaki

13»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Maybe he needs a little tim to get personel on board and lined out. Id not write him off half way thru season 1. (Kwat not Jimmy)

Sark teams don’t play good defense. Simple fact. It doesn't matter who he hires.

Kwat didn't make a bad move though. UW is a sinking ship and it was probably pretty plain to see from the inside.
    K wouldn’t have left UW if everything was moving smoothly here

Regardless of the mechanics of how … reality is Jimmy didn’t give K a choice in staying
    So? That doesn't mean that K was going to make a difference. Which is what doogs like you and Sonics kept saying when he left.

We have a bad staff. No denying that. 2nd worst minimum in a conference of bad staffs.

Like you copied from me, our scheme is stale now that every Pac team except USC wants to run the ball.

We need a complete reset, but Jimmy has convinced the AD that he just needs different coordinators even though he picked the current ones.

Are you speculating that Jimmy convinced Cohen that he just needs different coordinators or is that what you have heard / know?

And I would guess that Kwat and Lake had a falling out. Kwat tolerated Lake's self-promotion under CP but probably couldn't stand working under him. Why not double your salary and not have to work as hard at recruiting?
    Lake has an ego and Lake has told Jenn that he needs more help in recruiting and coordinators.

It's Sark all over again..credit Damone. He was right.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Maybe he needs a little tim to get personel on board and lined out. Id not write him off half way thru season 1. (Kwat not Jimmy)

Sark teams don’t play good defense. Simple fact. It doesn't matter who he hires.

Kwat didn't make a bad move though. UW is a sinking ship and it was probably pretty plain to see from the inside.

Regardless of the mechanics of how … reality is Jimmy didn’t give K a choice in staying
    So? That doesn't mean that K was going to make a difference. Which is what doogs like you and Sonics kept saying when he left.

We have a bad staff. No denying that. 2nd worst minimum in a conference of bad staffs.

Like you copied from me, our scheme is stale now that every Pac team except USC wants to run the ball.

We need a complete reset, but Jimmy has convinced the AD that he just needs different coordinators even though he picked the current ones.
    . Don’t make me go bump that thread that talks about it being in UW’s best interest to move on from Jimmy Lake … who said that again?
    Please bump or link.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This isn’t the original … but it drives home the point pretty well

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/44682/the-lake-is-hurting-uw-theory-stop/p1
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Tequilla said:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/44682/the-lake-is-hurting-uw-theory-stop/p1

That thread is a black eye for dnc and Dennis DY.

@dnc
    @Dennis_DeYoung
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Did I ever say that K would make a huge difference? Nope

What I’ve said is K leaving was an indictment in Jimmy and the perceived (from the inside) direction of the program … it was a vote of no confidence in Jimmy … and to think they were friends

I’ve been saying that there were defensive issues in this program for at least a couple of years highlighting that the book was out on us to sink and dump your way down the field by staying ahead of the chains … our defense doesn’t win enough on early downs

Jimmy’s convinced who that he needs new coordinators? If he gets 2022 and throw coordinators under the bus, that’s not going to him convincing anybody … it’s going to be the AD not prepared to buyout $14M worth of contracts

Don’t try to lecture me about how you were first or whatever … both you and PGOS are idiots that talk bigger games than you bring to the table. Don’t make me go bump that thread that talks about it being in UW’s best interest to move on from Jimmy Lake … who said that again?
    "Did I ever say" is the counterpoint of retards. Always has been.

You thought K was great. Same with Coker and Dennis. Thought all these Pete recruits were the tits.

All have been failures.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

HFNY said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Are you speculating that Jimmy convinced Cohen that he just needs different coordinators or is that what you have heard / know?

And I would guess that Kwat and Lake had a falling out. Kwat tolerated Lake's self-promotion under CP but probably couldn't stand working under him. Why not double your salary and not have to work as hard at recruiting?
    Lake has an ego and Lake has told Jenn that he needs more help in recruiting and coordinators.

It's Sark all over again..credit Damone. He was right.
    So you’re just running your mouth

1) Jimmy hired his staff and a big part of the reason he has a shit staff is because he has a shit network that can’t find people wanting to work for him … that’s only more true now that the book on Jimmy is out

2) Jimmy’s got a long way to hold Sark’s jock as a HC … forget how shitty Sark is … he can coach circles around Jimmy
    Jimmy hired this staff. No shit.

You can't make a point to save your life.

Logic isn't your thing. Better go for the masters in Math.
  • Options
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

What I’ve said is K leaving was an indictment in Jimmy and the perceived (from the inside) direction of the program … it was a vote of no confidence in Jimmy … and to think they were friends

I’ve been saying that there were defensive issues in this program for at least a couple of years highlighting that the book was out on us to sink and dump your way down the field by staying ahead of the chains … our defense doesn’t win enough on early downs

Jimmy’s convinced who that he needs new coordinators? If he gets 2022 and throw coordinators under the bus, that’s not going to him convincing anybody … it’s going to be the AD not prepared to buyout $14M worth of contracts

Don’t try to lecture me about how you were first or whatever … both you and PGOS are idiots that talk bigger games than you bring to the table. Don’t make me go bump that thread that talks about it being in UW’s best interest to move on from Jimmy Lake … who said that again?

You thought K was great. Same with Coker and Dennis. Thought all these Pete recruits were the tits.

All have been failures.
    Blah blah blah … deflect deflect deflect

You put words in my mouth I didn’t say … you got called on it … and instead of a mea culpa you act like the bitch that you are

Regardless of what happened yesterday, K’s track record says that he’s at worst a Top 10 DC in the country and in reality he’s closer to Top 5. Go ahead and hold to your recency bias …

As for recruits, there’s plenty of talent on this roster. What do you think is more likely …

1) Players suck?

2) Players aren’t being put in positions to be successful?

Given success of UW players in the NFL recently … I know which one I’m going with as there has been a decided downturn in coaching and development
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

All have been failures.
    Blah blah blah … deflect deflect deflect

You put words in my mouth I didn’t say … you got called on it … and instead of a mea culpa you act like the bitch that you are

Regardless of what happened yesterday, K’s track record says that he’s at worst a Top 10 DC in the country and in reality he’s closer to Top 5. Go ahead and hold to your recency bias …

As for recruits, there’s plenty of talent on this roster. What do you think is more likely …

1) Players suck?

2) Players aren’t being put in positions to be successful?

Given success of UW players in the NFL recently … I know which one I’m going with as there has been a decided downturn in coaching and development
    😆

K's a top 10 DC.

Clearly.

👍
  • Options
    And Leach is an offensive genius.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Can someone update the rocket launcher gif and replace @Ballz with @haie?

We're better off letting our rabid pitbull run amok in the duck refuge and not letting him back inside this board of higher discussion and insight.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Its funny reading back people ( @Dennis_DeYoung ) excusing Lake's shitty recruiting all the way back in 2017 because he was a "lame duck"
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Its funny reading back people ( @Dennis_DeYoung ) excusing Lake's shitty recruiting all the way back in 2017 because he was a "lame duck"
    The lame duck was the genesis of my controversial or infamous comment

I can understand and appreciate the reasons behind a struggle … but you fix the issues or you move on

Not rocket science
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Joel Klatt just ripped Texas for playing 2 high safeties when it was an obvious running situation (Got gashed for 25). Kwats defense has given up over 175 yds in the 4th qtr and have given up 19 2nd half pts. Sark being Sark once again. Blowing a 24-13 lead to start the 4th.

Starting to see the common denominator in any success kwat and lake had.
  • Options

Joel Klatt just ripped Texas for playing 2 high safeties when it was an obvious running situation (Got gashed for 25). Kwats defense has given up over 175 yds in the 4th qtr and have given up 19 2nd half pts. Sark being Sark once again. Blowing a 24-13 lead to start the 4th.

Starting to see the common denominator in any success kwat and lake had.
    It’s almost the same as all of Pete Carroll’s assistants