Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking: Cristobal is racist

Comments

• Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 762
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    haie said:

I was never yelled at but a teammate, junior, that had to start splitting reps at safety started skipping practice, and the next practice he finally showed up to, before it started our coach had every varsity player line up and do a goal line like drill, one at a time at him. Against me and the other DBS that's not terrible but there were no breaks for him, and he obviously started having to go against OL, DL Lb at the latter half of the line. Plus our RB was a bowling ball at 205.

His entire face was covered with blood at the end, and our coach said "we did this because we care and we want you in the team" He didn't start the rest of the season but the year after as a senior he did and was an all conference player.

Has that guy quit drinking, stopped beating his wife and sons, and pretended to find Jesus yet?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LebamDawg said:

Did he go down to the sidelines and put 3 cupcakes out to humiliate the 51 year old cuban?

Was he cantankerous?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I was never yelled at but a teammate, junior, that had to start splitting reps at safety started skipping practice, and the next practice he finally showed up to, before it started our coach had every varsity player line up and do a goal line like drill, one at a time at him. Against me and the other DBS that's not terrible but there were no breaks for him, and he obviously started having to go against OL, DL Lb at the latter half of the line. Plus our RB was a bowling ball at 205.

His entire face was covered with blood at the end, and our coach said "we did this because we care and we want you in the team" He didn't start the rest of the season but the year after as a senior he did and was an all conference player.

“We gave you free but CTE but it was because we care about you!”
    It was free. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Not sure you would have survived growing up 50 years ago.
    Did you walk 8 miles uphill on the way to school too?
    Close enough. Proud of you fudgie.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,673
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

haie said:

True story:

When I was in 4th grade, I lived way out in the boonies, at pretty much the highest point in elevation on the island. When there was no snow in town, sometimes there was six inches at my place, and when there was six inches in town, we had over a foot. Anyway, it made for a long day with the ~1 hour bus ride around the northwest end, ending pretty close to my bus stop. The road I lived on was about three miles long, with my stop being right about in the middle. The first quarter mile or so of the road (when taking the long way round like the bus did) was a really steep, long hill. In all of my days of going to school, I don't recall a single snow day. "Get to school, pussies" was how they rolled back then. Buses deployed chains and sand, and they went about their way. On one particular snowy day, the bus' tools for dealing with the snow just weren't up to the task, the driver making it maybe a couple of bus lengths up the hill before realizing it just wasn't gonna happen.

So what do you do in 1988 when you're a bus driver with a load full of first-through-fifth graders with a foot of snow on the ground and three or four miles left on your route?

You open the door and tell the kids to get out and walk home!

This was back when tiny canvas deck shoes and jeans rolled tight around the ankles were in style, and my friend and neighbor Scott was fucking stupid enough to put style ahead of self-preservation on this day. He started to get frostbite after about a half mile, so myself and two other fourth grad boys carried him on our shoulders like pallbearers to a girl's house about midway home. Her mom put Scott's feet in warm water to thaw them and started calling all of the parents, who either came to get us or met us at the bottom of the next hill.

As a parent of a fourth and fifth grader, things are WAY different now! I'm certain everyone from the superintendent on down would not only be fired but castrated for pulling something like that these days.

Edit: Obligatory /csb.
    Didn't read. R u srus
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,358
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

True story:

When I was in 4th grade, I lived way out in the boonies, at pretty much the highest point in elevation on the island. When there was no snow in town, sometimes there was six inches at my place, and when there was six inches in town, we had over a foot. Anyway, it made for a long day with the ~1 hour bus ride around the northwest end, ending pretty close to my bus stop. The road I lived on was about three miles long, with my stop being right about in the middle. The first quarter mile or so of the road (when taking the long way round like the bus did) was a really steep, long hill. In all of my days of going to school, I don't recall a single snow day. "Get to school, pussies" was how they rolled back then. Buses deployed chains and sand, and they went about their way. On one particular snowy day, the bus' tools for dealing with the snow just weren't up to the task, the driver making it maybe a couple of bus lengths up the hill before realizing it just wasn't gonna happen.

So what do you do in 1988 when you're a bus driver with a load full of first-through-fifth graders with a foot of snow on the ground and three or four miles left on your route?

You open the door and tell the kids to get out and walk home!

This was back when tiny canvas deck shoes and jeans rolled tight around the ankles were in style, and my friend and neighbor Scott was fucking stupid enough to put style ahead of self-preservation on this day. He started to get frostbite after about a half mile, so myself and two other fourth grad boys carried him on our shoulders like pallbearers to a girl's house about midway home. Her mom put Scott's feet in warm water to thaw them and started calling all of the parents, who either came to get us or met us at the bottom of the next hill.

As a parent of a fourth and fifth grader, things are WAY different now! I'm certain everyone from the superintendent on down would not only be fired but castrated for pulling something like that these days.

Edit: Obligatory /csb.
    Didn't read. R u srus
    Just as a butterfly flapping its wings in Walla Walla can cause a chain reaction that leads to peace in the middle east, reading this story could have turned Bitchfork's life around and made him less of a heartless sociopath who cheers for the Boovs.

Alas...
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    So now I DON’T hate Rod Gilmore any more?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

We all did before you came around. You’ll be able to tell your grandkids the same thing. That’s how this works.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

That’s with the cameras on

Imagine if nobody was around

Thank you Rod Gillmore. If this was at UW This would be totally justifiable if the coach was white or Cuban. But since this happened at Oregon this is absolutely disgusting and should be investigated

People forget that Oregon has a shameful history of excluding black people. People forget that.
    I have not forgotten. Besides the elder abuse, it's the tradition of racism that disgusts me the most about that program.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,371
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I don’t see any porking lot rape so it can’t be that bad in terms of how things at Oregon usually go
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    id also like to add/ask, with how long rod has been doing games on ESPN and with how much talent ESPN has been cutting as of late, have to think hes not even getting paid to do games.

right?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

That’s with the cameras on

Imagine if nobody was around

Thank you Rod Gillmore. If this was at UW This would be totally justifiable if the coach was white or Cuban. But since this happened at Oregon this is absolutely disgusting and should be investigated

People forget that Oregon has a shameful history of excluding black people. People forget that.
    Nothings changed with Central Oregon.