Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Have you ever felt good the day after a Jimmy Lake win?

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam
27-21 Oregon State
44-27 Arizona
24-21 Utah
52-3 Arkansas State
31-24 (OT) Cal

Of the 5 wins so far, the only one that was more positive than negative was ASU, but I couldn't feel good after that given how Montana and Michigan went. Utah was a nice comeback, but I remember being concerned about the lack of production in the first half and how lucky we were that Ute gave up faster than that one guy they killed on the sidelines. After Cal, I am just thinking how lucky we were to escape with a win since Cal was the better team last night and how we really need a clutch kicker on this team.

This coaching staff is going to need a lot of help if they hope to be bowl eligible since only Wazzu, Colorado, and Arizona have worse coaches.

Have you ever felt good the day after a Jimmy Lake win? 52 votes

Yes
21%
DerekJohnsonFire_Marshall_BillRoadDawg55Mad_Sonchuckbiak1LebamDawgtheknowledgeRDRCanadawgLostDoogReward 11 votes
janet reNO
78%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverSwayewhlindervadawgPurpleBazeskookumAtomicDawg79smoothdawgdncNeGgaPlEaSeDoogmanRefundGrundleStiltzkinwhatshouldicareabouthuskyhooliganspudenNEnglanddawgSourcesHuskyClawsWilliams3louism2wash 41 votes

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Yes
    Not this year.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    edited September 2021
    janet reNO
    Felt good about 3 quarters of Arizona last year, though I was a bit uneasy with how effortlessly they scored on the backups in the 4th quarter.

The others? No.

Edit - last night there was a loud sort of shocked cheering in the bar when the Cal FG fell short. It had a kind of "holy shit we DIDN'T lose spectacularly at the end (yet)!" feel to it.

I felt the same.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,599 Founders Club
    Yes
    We all know last year was a bunch of glorified scrimmages, but there was some level of competency.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    Not going to be pissed about beating Cal with our two best players out. But the book has been written on Jimmy and this staff.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,573 Swaye's Wigwam
    janet reNO
    Hangovers don't feel good.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2021
    janet reNO
    I hate the fact that this team can't seem to nickle & dime their way down the field and get a td or fg with the game on the line. 3rd and 2 and you throw the ball 25-30 yards down field? Fucking kidding me right?! Last night's win was a fluke.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club
    Yes
    Arizona and Utah last year. Then when we did the same thing against Stanford as Utah the very next week then I knew something was really, really wrong. Then recruiting, then Gregory to DC, then Montana then I died inside.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    Yes
    This morning - I didn't have anything to drink last night.

I felt good but still hated Lake, well not hated, just want him and his entourage fired
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,427 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes
    Everyone felt good about the Ute comeback and theirs a thread to prove you all liars
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam
    janet reNO
    Canadawg said:

Everyone felt good about the Ute comeback and theirs a thread to prove you all liars

People were happy immediately after the game because it was a great comeback, which is why I made the poll for the day after at win.

After you slept on the Utah game, you realized we had major concerns going down 21-0 at the half
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,573 Swaye's Wigwam
    janet reNO
    Canadawg said:

Bullshit. In November of 2020, in the week following the game, I created a thread that proves I'm not a liar.

November 2020, days later, in response to a Caple article about the "comeback for the ages":

Stories like this make me feel like a dick for being pissed off about the game.

Still a dick, I guess...

In December 2020:

...Lot of shitting on Petersen around here. It's weird. I get the disappointment over the burnout season last year, but that shouldn't be the benchmark for a coach at UW. Saying, "Jimmy did better than a coach who was over it and a team that wasn't giving him their best" isn't saying much. I'd like to compare the new coach to Petersen's 2016-2018 run, which wasn't perfect, but was demonstrably possible at UW. What we should be saying is, "2016 Petersen absolutely plungers that Stanford team without lube and takes Utah and Beavis to the woodshed. We should have a coach who can do that."

Another exchange from December 2020:

I don't think tight cheeks comes back against Utah

I don't think tight cheeks gets down 21 to Utah.
    Also December 2020, on being upset about giving up the P12CG:

I agree. I am so many thousands times more angry about the product on the field than any of this shit that I'm just having a hard time really giving a shit about it. I have serious doubts that anybody from Cohen down voluntarily skipped the game.

On "was the four game season worth playing?" poll:

With the benefit of hindsight? No. I got to experience the skwaad making me angry and frustrated three times and watching them plunger a hopelessly bad team once. Then, somehow, even the comedy of how the season was set up to end couldn't be enjoyed because the team pusses out and the fucking Ducks get to play in a conference championship game directly after losing to Beavis and Cal on consecutive weeks. A team from the NFC East is going to host a playoff game this season, and even that will be more deserved...

There was more, but my chest is starting to hurt from all the beating.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes
    I thought the shit performances against OSU and the first half of the Ute game were aberrations and that the second half of the Uye game would be how UW would look going forward.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    janet reNO
    The comeback vs the utes was chinteresting. But I was more concerned about how they ran all over our defensive line. Bandes getting pushed back like 15-20 yards really stuck out to me. Utah’s picked on freshmen corner also dropped a pick 6. I didn’t feel good about that but Zion and Otton were nails. The team? Meh. But glad they grinded it out.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457 Founders Club
    janet reNO
    No:

Oregon State was two horrific spots from going ahead with 8 minutes left in the 4th, and as we have seen since then, No One Should have trusted or believed they could have went down the field to retake the lead.

Arizona was a team that quit on their coach who was dead man walking.

Kyle W if he just takes a knee the entire 2nd half has a 50/50 chance of still winning. If someone makes him watch the 4th quarter of the 2018 game up here where he got cute throwing it, and he doesn't throw a pass last year in the 3rd or 4th runs away with the win.

Arkansas State..... Next

California was the better team Saturday, and on a neutral field would beat UW 60-65 times out of 100. If they played tomorrow, Cal's game plan would change in only one regard and that would be to throw away from Gordon. UW would be up all night trying to come up with different schemes and ideas to try and win the game.