Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Athletic Department Logic

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
Virtue signal that you’re vaccinated by wearing a west and for 2+ months …

Additionally, season ticket holders who wish to receive a wristband for the entirety of the season can stop by the Husky Ticket Office inside Graves Hall between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday (Sept. 22), Thursday (Sept. 23) & Friday (Sept. 24). These wristbands will need to stay on for the entire season and are not removable. Season ticket holders can also provide a negative COVID test (test must be taken after 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday) to receive a day of game wristband from the ticket office during the above hours.

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Additionally, season ticket holders who wish to receive a wristband for the entirety of the season can stop by the Husky Ticket Office inside Graves Hall between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday (Sept. 22), Thursday (Sept. 23) & Friday (Sept. 24). These wristbands will need to stay on for the entire season and are "not removable". Season ticket holders can also provide a negative COVID test (test must be taken after 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday) to receive a day of game wristband from the ticket office during the above hours.

So I have to wear it forever?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Additionally, season ticket holders who wish to receive a wristband for the entirety of the season can stop by the Husky Ticket Office inside Graves Hall between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday (Sept. 22), Thursday (Sept. 23) & Friday (Sept. 24). These wristbands will need to stay on for the entire season and are "not removable". Season ticket holders can also provide a negative COVID test (test must be taken after 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday) to receive a day of game wristband from the ticket office during the above hours.

For 2 months straight yes

Who actually thinks this is a good idea
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

For 2 months straight yes

Who actually thinks this is a good idea
    So it IS removable. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So you cut the season wristband off after the game, they won't give you another the following week?

lol

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Jens idea…
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What does the wristband actually get you? What stadium policies change for people with wristbands on?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

What does the wristband actually get you? What stadium policies change for people with wristbands on?

You can probably avoid the long lines to get in.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam

People would have to actually come to the games for that to happen...

I guess I'm just wondering because wristbands are nothing new to me. I have to wear one the whole time I'm at the track every time I go, as it tells the track staff that I've signed the hold harmless agreement. I've also been to plenty of events where the wristband actually aids in convenience (sort of like what you're saying). These have always been "guy with wristband has been carded, so freely dispense booze."

I guess I'm wondering what the wristband is for because I don't give a shit about a wristband if it improves my experience in some way, like don't have to wear a mask, don't have to be carded for booze (I'm an in-your-forties looser who still looks 12), etc. If, as I suspect, it takes the place of having to show a vaccine card to get in, then what the fuck is the point? The line for the wristband would be just as long as the line to show a vax card.

And wearing the thing for months straight? Who's idiot idea was that!?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Long?
    You know what I mean. Kind of.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021

Long?
    Not really. Stadium was nearly empty
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Additionally, season ticket holders who wish to receive a wristband for the entirety of the season can stop by the Husky Ticket Office inside Graves Hall between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday (Sept. 22), Thursday (Sept. 23) & Friday (Sept. 24). These wristbands will need to stay on for the entire season and are not removable. Season ticket holders can also provide a negative COVID test (test must be taken after 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday) to receive a day of game wristband from the ticket office during the above hours.

GRIM

ACE

( @PurpleThrobber )
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

GRIM

ACE

( @PurpleThrobber )

Purple and gold stars > wristbands.

(Keepsake for the train ride).

careful…….
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Long?
    Not really. Stadium was nearly empty
    I was talking about the intention behind the idea.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433

Tequilla said:

So what if someone catches Covid on Thursday or Friday?
    This happens

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I read last night that Oregon State's attendance is truly fucked for this year because if the proof of vaccine policy. They were seeing a rise in season tickets during the summer and that dropped off right after they announced it. They've admitted that feedback has spelled out that it's because of the vaccine requirement. They're trying everything they can to turn that around before UW comes into town.

It was barely mentioned but Oregon has been affected too.

They are in a blue state, but in hick land where a much larger percentage of their fans are not down with having to get a test or the vaxx.

In Seattle there's minimally an equal number of fans cheering on the vaxx policies because Centrist City.