Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,482 Swaye's Wigwam
It's just two games guys.

Incremental progress from last week against a much better opponent.

Jimmy just needs more tim.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Who in the hell thinks this way?
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    “Jimmy is a brilliant X’s and O’s guy, he just needs more time.” “Calling him just a great recruiter and players coach is racist.” “He just needs to get someone else in there calling the plays on offense, let’s try Huff!”

Doog takes from the Twitterverse.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    To be fair I haven’t really even seen that take over at Doogman today or any UW fan ive talked to at the airport. Everyone is fucking pissed and correctly blaming JD and Lake.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,482 Swaye's Wigwam

I know you’re probably using cliche doog speech here, but are you actually hearing that anywhere?

I hate myself so much that I’ve read some comments on Seattle Times and Dawgman. In a lot of ways they are a PG version of this bored right now.

I don't need to read it. Doogs are predictable.

I'm also mocking all the "it's just one game" takes from last week.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000

So, you're saying...
    "There is progress being made behind the scenes that is not reflected on the scoreboard."...?

oh! well, I feel so much better now. Thanks, Bot!

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2021
    Mediocrity usually brings division to a fanbase, because it leaves things to interpretation. Sucking as epically as Lake has in every aspect is bringing your fanbase together. There is nothing left to interpret. Ray Charles’ corpse can see how bad this program is right now.

You’ve been outscored 44-17 to an unranked (at the time) opponent, and a FCS school in the first two weeks.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,050 Founders Club

YRYK. 10 points > 7 points.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Mediocrity usually brings division to a fanbase, because it leaves things to interpretation. Sucking as epically as Lake has in every aspect is bringing your fanbase together. There is nothing left to interpret. Ray Charles’ corpse can see how bad this program is right now.

You’ve been outscored 44-17 to an unranked (at the time) opponent, and a FCS school in the first two weeks.

You just don't realize how stupid most of our fans are. I mean really fucking dumb.
    Amen to that
    Swaye said:

You just don't realize how stupid most of our fans are. I mean really fucking dumb.
    You could probably make a parody account that repeats doogisms like some sort of AI or robot and not even be noticed...
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Willingham was far below mediocrity and there was a lot of division in the fanbase despite that.
    Yeah, but you can’t compare Jimmy’s roster with Ty’s. I honestly think Ty would get more out of this current roster than what Jimmy has.

I know you’re probably using cliche doog speech here, but are you actually hearing that anywhere?

I hate myself so much that I’ve read some comments on Seattle Times and Dawgman. In a lot of ways they are a PG version of this bored right now.

I don't need to read it. Doogs are predictable.

I'm also mocking all the "it's just one game" takes from last week.
    I guess. But my read is that this feels vastly different. Everyone, doogs and cranks alike, knew this team was fucking stacked on paper. And these last two games have been way worse than any of the games we've had post-2014. There's not really a lot of ambiguity here. This is probably the most unified the fanbase has ever been. Jimmy fucking sucks and this is as clear eyed as we'll ever collectively get about it.
    I'm seeing plenty of calls similar to HH but I'm seeing plenty of pushback of the usual expected sort. If THIS is as unified as we are going to get over this shit then like I said, we deserve owen. Stick with a lame horse and don't be surprised when it collapses underneath you.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I am sure there are still doogs he will say Jimmy needs more time. However, it isn't nearly as bad when Sark was around and Jimmy has only played 6 games. There has been enough recent success for people to be pissed which is good. Will saggy tits do anything is the question.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

I am sure there are still doogs he will say Jimmy needs more time. However, it isn't nearly as bad when Sark was around and Jimmy has only played 6 games. There has been enough recent success for people to be pissed which is good. Will saggy tits do anything is the question.

Disagree. Sark at least gave us a sizzling facade with the occasional exciting win over a team we had no business beating. There is absolutely nothing to even be misguidedly excited about with this current program.