Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm not going to lie to you doogs

13»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    The WR situation alone makes this a longshot situation for the Huskies. UW would need to play defense on a Purple Reign level to have a puncher's chance.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If we beat Michigan I am going to laugh hysterically, and might, MIGHT adjust the season back to LIPO.

I said before the year we need to beat Michigan or Jimmy is not the guy.

No one foresaw the meltdown that was the Montana game. But if we end Harbaugh's Michigan career after losing to Montana at home, that is some seriously funny shit.

I do think the team is going to come out chippy and pissed and it will be an interesting game.

If we lose, fire Jimmy on the tarmac. If we win, win the north and get plungered by an undefeated Chip in the title game.

Yes, I am desperately looking for silver linings. I at least want to get some entertainment out of the season.

For PGOS, beat Michigan. Nothing else matters. Sorta. Fuck off.

Harbaugh is done regardless ... he's playing out his contract before they go after Matt Campbell after this season

Sure we'll probably come out with sound and fury but it will be fake toughness and that will fade as the game goes on ... I'd be more excited if I saw that fake lawnmowers

Keep dooging it up
    Impressive win by 6 over a FCS team by Campbell last Saturday. Last year was a great year for Iowa State and I think he’s a solid coach, but you seem to think he’s a future great. I don’t think he will be.
    They do this every year to start the season … super vanilla before playing Iowa

What’s he has done at Iowa State is top notch
    Matt Campbell is 3-3 in season openers:
    -2020 Louisiana (L)
    -2019 Northwen Iowa (W in 3 OT)
    -2018 Iowa (L)
    -2017 Northern Iowa (W)
    -2016 Northern Iowa (L)

He is also 0-4 against Iowa. So if that is really his strategy it’s not working out great.

UW tried to go vanilla too actually…didn’t work out so well either.

Anyway I’m as sure as ever that JonDon sucks but we aren’t going to see the same playbook or game plan next week.
    YRYK. I think it's pretty clear the team either:

a) couldn't wake themselves up for Montana,
    b) didn't bother putting together an actual game plan (partly because they had a bigger game in week 2) or
    c) abundance

All options point to Lake and the entire staff, especially Donovan, being incompetent fools who should be shit canned. And this program has an almost 0% chance of ever reaching appropriate success with them at the helm. But it does not mean the performance last week is the norm going forward.
  • TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87

TheDude said:

Tequilla said:

If we beat Michigan I am going to laugh hysterically, and might, MIGHT adjust the season back to LIPO.

No one foresaw the meltdown that was the Montana game. But if we end Harbaugh's Michigan career after losing to Montana at home, that is some seriously funny shit.

I do think the team is going to come out chippy and pissed and it will be an interesting game.

If we lose, fire Jimmy on the tarmac. If we win, win the north and get plungered by an undefeated Chip in the title game.

Yes, I am desperately looking for silver linings. I at least want to get some entertainment out of the season.

Harbaugh is done regardless ... he's playing out his contract before they go after Matt Campbell after this season

Sure we'll probably come out with sound and fury but it will be fake toughness and that will fade as the game goes on ... I'd be more excited if I saw that fake lawnmowers

Keep dooging it up
    Well good news if Harbaugh gets fired. UW will have 1 candidate for the open football job at the end of the years
    Rested, ready, tanned khakis
    Maybe he could bedazzle them with some gold for some team color unity
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    The offense needs to win this game, or it's still fire Jimmy on the tarmac.
    We know the defense is "good enough".
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Keep dooging it up
    Impressive win by 6 over a FCS team by Campbell last Saturday. Last year was a great year for Iowa State and I think he’s a solid coach, but you seem to think he’s a future great. I don’t think he will be.
    They do this every year to start the season … super vanilla before playing Iowa

What’s he has done at Iowa State is top notch
    Matt Campbell is 3-3 in season openers:
    -2020 Louisiana (L)
    -2019 Northwen Iowa (W in 3 OT)
    -2018 Iowa (L)
    -2017 Northern Iowa (W)
    -2016 Northern Iowa (L)

He is also 0-4 against Iowa. So if that is really his strategy it’s not working out great.

UW tried to go vanilla too actually…didn’t work out so well either.

Anyway I’m as sure as ever that JonDon sucks but we aren’t going to see the same playbook or game plan next week.
    YRYK. I think it's pretty clear the team either:

a) couldn't wake themselves up for Montana,
    b) didn't bother putting together an actual game plan (partly because they had a bigger game in week 2) or
    c) abundance

All options point to Lake and the entire staff, especially Donovan, being incompetent fools who should be shit canned. And this program has an almost 0% chance of ever reaching appropriate success with them at the helm. But it does not mean the performance last week is the norm going forward.
    Well put. That is pretty much exactly what I wanted to say but I am not a technically gifted writer.