Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The most depressing (modern era) down period for Husky football?

2»

Comments

• LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    '02- '15
    I was there for the 56-0 shit show in 2008 at USC. ‘nuff said on that…
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    '02- '15

And, bar none, that was the most depressing football game I’ve ever been at. Wanted to kill myself (and probably should have).
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club
    '02- '15

42-0 at halftime. I had a bet on them as 42 point underdogs.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    '02- '15
    Went with this span because it sucked with Sark's 3 in a row skids and End of Neweasel/Gilby/Ty no effort games.
    The 64-76 years was frustrating but I did not have to go thru the pain and agony of watching every game live. only some
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    '19 to present

And, bar none, that was the most depressing football game I’ve ever been at. Wanted to kill myself (and probably should have).
    My second game I saw live (I grew up a poor) was the Lockner vs. Nebraska home game. The one where I felt like a visiting fan, and I watched Nebraska run identical A-gap dives every single play for three straight dives for touchdowns (at least that's how I remember it). What Washington should have been able to do to Montana Saturday, that's what Nebraska did to Washington. Only highlight was one of the prettiest passes I've seen from Locker on a wheel route to the west end zone for a TD.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    '02- '15
    I picked the Gilby/ty/Sark era but I was in my 30s during that shit show. I was young enough to figure I could weather it.

This time, in my 50s, I'm not so sure I have another decade of darkness (not racist, don't twist) in me.