Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The most depressing (modern era) down period for Husky football?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club

The most depressing (modern era) down period for Husky football? 52 votes

'64- '76
1%
RaceBannon 1 vote
'85- '88
0%
'93- '98
3%
vadawgdnc 2 votes
'02- '15
71%
DerekJohnsonFire_Marshall_BillSwayewhlinderPurpleBazeTheKobeStopperAtomicDawg79smoothdawgdOgmasterthechatchThe_UndertakerTequillabiak1NeGgaPlEaSeDooglesDoogmanRefundwhatshouldicareaboutEwaDawgAlexishuskyhooligan 37 votes
'19 to present
23%
RoadDawg55alumni94spudenbackthepackYellowSnowFireCohenfouchpotatoMaceothecat1to392831weretakenKingdome_UrinalsMotrboatnsobcoach_pete_JPG 12 votes

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,776 Founders Club
    '02- '15
    Janet Reno

I would have also chosen '19 to present. It's not even depressing... just frustrating that dumbasses in charge are content with mediocrity at best.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    '93- '98
    02-15 is probably the right answer because of sheer depths of failure but 93-98 should have been the absolute golden era of this program.

LamboFS
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club
    '19 to present

Janet Reno

I would have also chosen '19 to present. It's not even depressing... just frustrating that dumbasses in charge are content with mediocrity at best.

I wasn't alive for most of the first one and didn't have full consciousness of Husky Football in the 80's.

The mid 90s were pretty frustrating no doubt, but I was pre-occupied with row boat and trying to dole out some honest poundings. Plus as bad as the Lambo era was, The Dawgs were still the top game in town and Husky stadium was usually packed and rocking.

'02 to '15 was horrific, but I didn't lurk or post much on the internet, so it was I missed the Half Brain wars entirely.

For me, the choice is obvious. The highs of 2016 + the internet are a toxic fucking stew.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    '02- '15
    They're all depressing, but 02 - 15 was during my college years at the beginning and subsequent years pre-kids/wife where I should've had a lot more fun going to games.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,732
    The long stretch of losing to Oregon
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club
    '19 to present
    '02 to '15 really cruising here to an easy win.

I'm glad I didn't do college football message boreds back then. Probably added a few years to my life span.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    '19 to present
    I was born at the beginning of the James era. Rose Bowl expectations, Nelson misses the field goal, etc. The Orange Bowl was mind blowing, so '85-'88 really sucked. That was a big downturn and DJ seemed like a boring, mediocre coach for a while.

'93-'98 was the most infuriating, maddening, and later depressing. At least then you had some great players and great performances.

'19-Present takes the cake for me, because we've been here before, so it's like PTSD. To me it looks like the kids and coaches just suck right now.

Also, UW has now totally failed to capitalize on a window where USC, UCLA, and Oregon were terrible programs.

I'm on my third tour in Nam and not sure I want to return to the States.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    edited September 2021
    '19 to present
    The past 5 years has been like edging yourself to death
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    '19 to present
    '02-'15 was worse, but I was in my twenties and early thirties and had too much going on in my life to care. I started caring again with Petersen, and now I feel like I've been blueballed so hard that they just fell right off.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    '02- '15
    Sad bus ride home after Nevada loss
    2010 41-0 Stanford home loss
    2010 56-21 Nebraska home loss
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2021
    '19 to present

They're all depressing, but 02 - 15 was during my college years at the beginning and subsequent years pre-kids/wife where I should've had a lot more fun going to games.

2009 was the most fun summer of my life. That the Dawgs sucked didn't matter. I still had shit ton of fun at Husky Stadium that fall.

Now I'm old and boring and married with children. I need this to not suck.
    #Metoo. I had more to do back when UW sucked under Ty and Gilby. It was obvious we sucked every year anyways. There wasn’t a lot of false hope.

I’ve preseason doog’d every year since 2014 and most range from mildly disappointing to being a disaster. 2016 was fun.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,368
    '02- '15
    I'm in the camp of 2047 will be special, I'm just along to bitch and complain until then
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    '02- '15
    I was 8 years old and started watching the 90 doogs when they wet the bed vs UCLA but for some reason though it affected my mood. I hate lambright more than anyone. Have missed very few TV games since 90 and I hate myself. I want to quit. I really do but I really need something like no coaching or AD changes to happen after a 4 win season. I think the time is getting close.