Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How would you feel if UW beat Michigan?

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    RoadTrip said:

Honestly, I'm not sure it would change much for me. Unless it was a truly dominant victory.

Something about this Montana loss has made me detach from the program generally. I guess I would need to see 3-4 consecutive victories and new stars emerging.

I'm not going to watch non-competitive football at UW again. I'm on the fence about watching the Michigan game.

I saw almost no compelling talent. Nothing to see but I'll torture myself
    I hate watching JAGs run an offense.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I’ll play golf Saturday and may listen to the game on the radio driving home

I’m not at the actively rooting for this to go so bad that it’s impossible to do anything else but make changes … but I’m also at the point where I realize success means a delaying of the inevitable
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club

I'd be happy if UW wins

I would lose $200 but it would be worth it -- even though my enthusiasm for UW football has waned from where it once was.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    I watched every game when the Huskies went 0-12.
    Never again will I do that. Done for the year.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club
    Beating Michigan is always special. I won't be watching though, I just don't care.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I’m not at the actively rooting for this to go so bad that it’s impossible to do anything else but make changes … but I’m also at the point where I realize success means a delaying of the inevitable

Based on JL hires, and recruiting this does feel like a matter of when for him not if, which is crappy as after 5 games we aren't even out of the 2nd inning of his time here unless this year goes massively south (as in team quits on him in total final 6/7 games).

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I would enjoy a win for sure. If the offense played well and put points on the board and Morris actually putting a pass on target would be good. The run game get 130+ yards. If we did all that and lost by 3 or 4 I would feel better for sure.

a win would be the best. Playing much better would be good too
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    Don’t care but will talk so much shit to michigan fans if we do
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723

I would enjoy a win for sure. If the offense played well and put points on the board and Morris actually putting a pass on target would be good. The run game get 130+ yards. If we did all that and lost by 3 or 4 I would feel better for sure.

Something needs to happen where I actually like the players.

Right now the players look like dipshits, and suck.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    biak1 said:

I’m not watching another UW game this season. Feels douchey to say out loud but it’s where I’m at. Definitely not spending any money to support this athletic program. A win at Michigan just delays the inevitable. You just don’t lose to Montana as a successful CFB HC.

I’m back to actively rooting against UW. It’s one of the few coping skills that works anymore since I’ve had to use it so many damn times.

As Uncle Race says, nobody ever went broke betting against UW.

Can’t believe #Messageboardgeniuses hasn’t picked this up.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

Something needs to happen where I actually like the players.

Right now the players look like dipshits, and suck.
    that too. Many of them seemed to have a "I'm too good for this shit, why are we playing these guys". That got squashed.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    biak1 said:

I’m not watching another UW game this season. Feels douchey to say out loud but it’s where I’m at. Definitely not spending any money to support this athletic program. A win at Michigan just delays the inevitable. You just don’t lose to Montana as a successful CFB HC.

I’m back to actively rooting against UW. It’s one of the few coping skills that works anymore since I’ve had to use it so many damn times.

Sold all my tickets and parking today. 70% because of vaccine passport. Husky Heritage section. Sold for 30 cents on the dollar
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Based on JL hires, and recruiting this does feel like a matter of when for him not if, which is crappy as after 5 games we aren't even out of the 2nd inning of his time here unless this year goes massively south (as in team quits on him in total final 6/7 games).

We'll start to know a lot about what remains after this weekend and when Cal comes to town ... at what point do the NFL players start worrying about their future and the guys buried on the depth start planning their portal decisions

biak1 said:

Sold all my tickets and parking today. 70% because of vaccine passport. Husky Heritage section. Sold for 30 cents on the dollar
    UW really didn't have much of a choice when it came to the mask mandates, etc.

You can complain about the vaccine passports but I suspect that was as much political pressure as anything else
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club

If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.

Pics?
  • GhostofMosster47GhostofMosster47 Member Posts: 68
    I'd feel like Jim Harbaugh is a really shitty coach.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,198
    if we? win then the elmo bowl is back on the table....and thats a good thing!

if (when?) we? loose? maybe the vegas invite versus bjc.