Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How many wins does Jimmy need?

This is my guess on what Cohen does based on this year's record. This is not what I'd do if I were the AD so don't twist. I would've canned his ass midway through the 4th quarter.

8+ wins - Jimmy stays with the staff intact
6 to 7 wins - Jimmy stays but JonDon and maybe a couple other coaches gone
3 to 5 wins - Jimmy stays but a major staff overhaul
0 to 2 wins - Jimmy era is over

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Dealing in hypotheticals are we?

Personally, I'm not a fan of shuffling assistants. It's basically a way for the head coach to place the blame on someone else to save his own bacon. The HC usually ends up replacing one shitty assistant with another one who may or may not be less shitty.

You have to flush the whole staff.

Seven or fewer wins _should_ be unacceptable. This is not a team that is coming off an 0wen season.

but we have one assistant that is so bad that he should have "cleaned his locker out" right after that game
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Jimmy doesn't get fired after this year no matter what. JonDone should
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Personally, I'm not a fan of shuffling assistants. It's basically a way for the head coach to place the blame on someone else to save his own bacon. The HC usually ends up replacing one shitty assistant with another one who may or may not be less shitty.

Seven or fewer wins _should_ be unacceptable. This is not a team that is coming off an 0wen season.

but we have one assistant that is so bad that he should have "cleaned his locker out" right after that game
    Who is the dipshit who hired him?
    It is still mind boggling what Jimmy's hiring process was that ended up with him offering JonDon the job at 900k/year. How the fuck did that happen?! I don't believe for a second his bullshit about how all his NFL contacts telling him about JonDon. The guy was buried in an analyst role for one of the worse franchises in the league. He was probably more surprised than anyone that someone actually wanted to give him a job.

The only reasons I could come up with are
    -Jimmy struck out on every other option and in an act of desperation he had to give the next guy an offer he couldn't refuse, even if he was bidding against himself
    -Jimmy wanted to prove he's the smartest guy in the room by hiring a loser retread and winning with him
    -Jimmy didn't want an offense that would outshine his defense so he intentionally hired a terrible OC and thought his defense would be good enough to win despite it
    He should've kept Hamdan around if this was his plan.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who is the dipshit who hired him?
    It is still mind boggling what Jimmy's hiring process was that ended up with him offering JonDon the job at 900k/year. How the fuck did that happen?! I don't believe for a second his bullshit about how all his NFL contacts telling him about JonDon. The guy was buried in an analyst role for one of the worse franchises in the league. He was probably more surprised than anyone that someone actually wanted to give him a job.

The only reasons I could come up with are
    -Jimmy struck out on every other option and in an act of desperation he had to give the next guy an offer he couldn't refuse, even if he was bidding against himself
    -Jimmy wanted to prove he's the smartest guy in the room by hiring a loser retread and winning with him
    -Jimmy didn't want an offense that would outshine his defense so he intentionally hired a terrible OC and thought his defense would be good enough to win despite it
    I'm going with door #2. He's done too much unorthodox shit for it to not be intentional. Kwat bolting and recruits shying away were the first signs that the unorthodox shit was a big swing and a miss. And now everyone's caught up to speed.
    I tend to agree. His approach to hiring and recruiting gives off a "I'm so smart I can win with any assistant and any player" energy. The question now is did the Montana loss humble him at all?
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    Jimmy has a long leash. Needs 3+ so long as most of the losses aren't complete blowouts. Jon Don will get canned next time offense plays like shit so probably this week after Michigan. Junior fills in as interim OC. Rebuilding and incremental improvement becomes the new script.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    To me it all comes down to how empty the stands get and what the threat is that $$$ dries up

If Jimmy isn’t fired after this year, I could see Jen getting the ax in the Spring when she miscalculates how much her decisions on retaining both Hop and Lake have on renewals and revenues crashing

I’m not sure at this point if I think it’s more important for Jen or Jimmy to be fired first
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

To me it all comes down to how empty the stands get and what the threat is that $$$ dries up

If Jimmy isn’t fired after this year, I could see Jen getting the ax in the Spring when she miscalculates how much her decisions on retaining both Hop and Lake have on renewals and revenues crashing

I’m not sure at this point if I think it’s more important for Jen or Jimmy to be fired first

How could you not be sure?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy will be forced to do some staff restructuring if he wins less than 6 games.

That is all.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

How could you not be sure?
    Because there’s implications either way that influence the other

• Options
    JackDonakeyJackDonakey Member Posts: 42
    I think we have 0 to 2 wins but Jimmy and his staff stick around to do it again next year. Then he gets fired.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526

Jimmy doesn't strike me as a hate to lose guy

At UW the coach has to pressure himself because Jenni won't.

He hates that losing gets in the way of a good nights sleep.