Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you own Crypto

124»

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I have done a lot of studying of this. Still have much more to learn. But Bitcoin is going to be a huge blessing to the world. Not as a currency, but as a reserve asset and a means to protect and shelter wealth from the ravages of inflation. In the short term, many have and will become wealthy as Bitcoin appreciates for the foreseeable future (for those who can tolerate the wild fluctuations).

Are you concerned about the insane amount of CO2 emissions crypto generates? Personally I am not a big global warming nut so it doesn't bother me... but once it becomes more mainstream and people realize what it is doing I feel like it could become a little bit of a problem. That was one of Elon's big concerns a few months back. I know they are working on more effective technology to cut it in half but the amount currently is pretty extreme.
    That's why their are being changed from proof of work to proof of stake, to minimize environmental impact. Crypto isn't going anywhere, especially with fears of global inflation.