Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If you own Crypto

Comments

• sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Burn it down

I bought some more Cardano at $1.97 today. Do you think this dip still has legs, and I can get it much cheaper, say in the $1.70s?
    You will have the opportunity to buy cheaper. The nuke hasn't happened yet.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021

Burn it down

I bought some more Cardano at $1.97 today. Do you think this dip still has legs, and I can get it much cheaper, say in the $1.70s?
    You will have the opportunity to buy cheaper. The nuke hasn't happened yet.
    I know some people think I'm nuts just to hold and buy cheap, but it's the philosophy I like to stick with. Thanks for the help

By the way, I don't know who everyone uses to buy crypto, but I switched from Coinbase to Coinbase Pro today.

Coinbase is super easy to follow, but they charge higher fees. Coinbase Pro doesn't have the organized portfolio performance charts, but it does have much lower fees, and it didn't crap out on me like Coinbase did when it got overloaded with activity. I almost missed out on some good buys today because of that.

The drop is coming this weekend and when it does I'm going to make sure to load up on ETH and ADA along with a few other coins. Alts about to go on a big run if my theory is correct.

Thanks
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I just bought a bitbox02 and am getting serious about BTC now
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I understand nothing that is being said here. It would be so much easier to make money if I was smart.

I'm too scared to dump a load of cash on Michigan.

I feel like someone knows something and its a set up
    I only wish I had bet more than $200. But I am not a high roller and didn't want to be an idiot.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Swaye said:

I understand nothing that is being said here. It would be so much easier to make money if I was smart.

I'm too scared to dump a load of cash on Michigan.

I feel like someone knows something and its a set up
    I only wish I had bet more than $200. But I am not a high roller and didn't want to be an idiot.
    Mattingly is being an idiot
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,760
    Anybody know anything about Axia?

Axing for a fren. No, seriously. A fren axed me about it and I don’t know shit. About crypto.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swapped to Dai and then bought the dip. Significantly improved my position.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The drop is coming this weekend and when it does I'm going to make sure to load up on ETH and ADA along with a few other coins. Alts about to go on a big run if my theory is correct.

This was the exact low, LOL.

(guarantee sonics comes back and claims he actually went leveraged long but just didn't post it...)
    Founders Club

(guarantee sonics comes back and claims he actually went leveraged long but just didn't post it...)
    He seemed to get chased off by critical comments on here.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705

Huh, strange. Seemed like the entire purpose of this thread was to fellate him.

Hope nobody followed him.
    edited October 2021

That is why I buy dips and hold. Trying to time and re-enter your entire position in crypto is stupid. It works some of the time, but the one time you’re wrong, this happens. Buy high usage coins at discounts and hold them long term. If you’re in this long term, there’s no reason to play the buy and sell game. Now for meme coins that’s totally different. I heard a quote that in the last 100 years or so, 80% of the companies in the stock market are no longer around. Crypto might be similar in that as long as you buy quality, you can hold. There is still huge growth potential in this sector, I think something like only 20% of people own crypto at all. Not financial advice
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,406
    Swaye's Wigwam

That is why I buy dips and hold. Trying to time and re-enter your entire position in crypto is stupid. It works some of the time, but the one time you’re wrong, this happens. Buy high usage coins at discounts and hold them long term. If you’re in this long term, there’s no reason to play the buy and sell game. Now for meme coins that’s totally different. I heard a quote that in the last 100 years or so, 80% of the companies in the stock market are no longer around. Crypto might be similar in that as long as you buy quality, you can hold. There is still huge growth potential in this sector, I think something like only 20% of people own crypto at all. Not financial advice
    Very few people are using crypto for the purposes of buying and selling goods and services. How long can that continue b4 the general masses look at it as a trading vehicle of the rich and bail on their investment?
    edited October 2021
    godawgst said:

Very few people are using crypto for the purposes of buying and selling goods and services. How long can that continue b4 the general masses look at it as a trading vehicle of the rich and bail on their investment?
    Do you use gold to buy goods and services? How about silver? Platinum? This argument doesn’t hold up.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    I feel like I've been transported through time and space and am trying to understand someone speaking Aramaic to me. Jesus, is that you?
    Founders Club
    I have done a lot of studying of this. Still have much more to learn. But Bitcoin is going to be a huge blessing to the world. Not as a currency, but as a reserve asset and a means to protect and shelter wealth from the ravages of inflation. In the short term, many have and will become wealthy as Bitcoin appreciates for the foreseeable future (for those who can tolerate the wild fluctuations).

I have done a lot of studying of this. Still have much more to learn. But Bitcoin is going to be a huge blessing to the world. Not as a currency, but as a reserve asset and a means to protect and shelter wealth from the ravages of inflation. In the short term, many have and will become wealthy as Bitcoin appreciates for the foreseeable future (for those who can tolerate the wild fluctuations).

This
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Are you concerned about the insane amount of CO2 emissions crypto generates? Personally I am not a big global warming nut so it doesn't bother me... but once it becomes more mainstream and people realize what it is doing I feel like it could become a little bit of a problem. That was one of Elon's big concerns a few months back. I know they are working on more effective technology to cut it in half but the amount currently is pretty extreme.
    Founders Club

Are you concerned about the insane amount of CO2 emissions crypto generates? Personally I am not a big global warming nut so it doesn't bother me... but once it becomes more mainstream and people realize what it is doing I feel like it could become a little bit of a problem. That was one of Elon's big concerns a few months back. I know they are working on more effective technology to cut it in half but the amount currently is pretty extreme.
    From what I can tell it's MSM lies