Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario Bailey's comments on Twitter

124»

Comments

• Options
    BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Blayen said:

You can hire a black coach on his merits. But you cannot fire them on their merits.

Anyone would be crazy to hire a black coach for this reason alone.

This isn't a reason it's baseless conjecture. Ty got fired and few people questioned it they understood. Jimmy has stumbled out the gates not in areas that a HC must do as far as coaching staff personnel and vision. You can't tell people you want to be physical and aggressive and then field a team that's falling asleep in the huddle.

Lake shouldn't be fired but he should be warned against saying things in public that aren't in alignment with what is on the field.
    You seem to forget history.

Ty was fired from ND after 3 years and accusations of racism were prevalent in the media. It is very much due to this criticism that Ty was hired by UW. UW logged a lot of virtue points through that hire.

UW attempted to fire Ty after year 3. Cries of racism were everywhere. Shaun Alexander and the NAACP got involved. UW succumbed to the pressure and accrued more virtue points. Ty was given year 4 and we were gifted with the beautiful 0-12.

You are correct that after that glorious year 4 there were no longer any cries of racism. But even the most strident racial religionist would have trouble justifying that.

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Mario is right here. Some of y'all are closet bigots. Some of y'all call it like it is.

And even with 3 INTs, UW should have won this game by double digits.
    Jimmy needs to stop being the obstacle to his teams success but on the field the players have to execute. No amount of coaching can fix poor execution
    Poor execution is 100% on the coaches. Their job is to ingrain execution in the players. Any failure by the players to execute is a coaching failure.

This is just thinly veiled coach apologetics.
    Don James himself used to say he never lost a game. Old School Head Coaches were clear "If you do exactly what I say ..we'll win"

On the flip side Don never took credit for wins.

Head Coaches today have to sound like Politicians. The reality is I didn't read a lot of HC frustrated with Transfer Portal instant eligibility. They know they want to run the riff raff out of the program. The new normal is going to be a mass exodus of kids that didn't get on plan and an influx of kids looking for the next opportunity.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,950
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Still waiting for the notification to pop up from Bleacher report on my phone that says “Lake out at UW following loss to Montana”

Hold your breath until it happens.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Players are much more connected to the outside world now as opposed to Willingham’s days and he lost that team in 3 years. Players know what people are saying of them and they’ll connect it to Lake.

The loss of the team will happen much sooner.

Tyrone lost that team by the end of year one. Suddenly Senior and the loss to Stanford happened 20 months in.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,271
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    HireBRoyHireBRoy Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mario is right here. Some of y'all are closet bigots. Some of y'all call it like it is.

you are in la la land, my friend.

I was convinced you were trolling, but it seems you are serious after seeing your other posts in this discussion. So I'm geniunely curious... what would be a fireable offense to you?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Calling it like it is, is saying fire the coach that loses at home to Montana 13 to 7
    Jimmy Lake didn't throw 3 INT.
    @haie I take back what I said about you being the dumbest poaster here. My apologies.