Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario Bailey's comments on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,521
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mario is right here. Some of y'all are closet bigots. Some of y'all call it like it is.

Calling it like it is, is saying fire the coach that loses at home to Montana 13 to 7
    Jimmy Lake didn't throw 3 INT.
    Refusing to ride with the best qb recruit in the fucking country from last year is looking more and more like a shit decision. Morris is too limited for what this offense demands.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Mario is right here. Some of y'all are closet bigots. Some of y'all call it like it is.

Calling it like it is, is saying fire the coach that loses at home to Montana 13 to 7
    Refusing to ride with the best qb recruit in the fucking country from last year is looking more and more like a shit decision. Morris is too limited for what this offense demands.
    Running into a loaded box is right within the Morris wheelhouse. I think he has it covered.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021

This has got to be a troll job but I’ll play. Who’s in charge of developing the quarterback who threw 3 INTs against an FCS opponent? Who hired or retained that coach?

And even with 3 INTs, UW should have won this game by double digits.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Still waiting for the notification to pop up from Bleacher report on my phone that says “Lake out at UW following loss to Montana”
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Coach K left to coach with Sark and Texas. Has nothing to do with his race.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

But have we really seen Huard’s inside handoff to make a fair decision?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He reminds me more of Snark, except even Snark wouldn't lost to a Big Sky team. Get creamed by AZ schools? Sure but there was a level of competence that got us out of the doldrums.

This guy needs to go. I don't give a fuck if Montana beats North Dakota Tech and makes the D-1AA playoffs often. They'd be 4-8 in the MW and 2-10 in the weak Pac

What absolute shitty teams did Sark lose to? WSU & Oregon St (Nick Montana started) come to mind. Were some of the losses to Arizona & ASU come when one of them was absolute dreckfest?
    I'd have to look it up.

He had plenty of duds, but they beat 1AA teams and most non-P 5 schools
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,134
    Players are much more connected to the outside world now as opposed to Willingham’s days and he lost that team in 3 years. Players know what people are saying of them and they’ll connect it to Lake.

The loss of the team will happen much sooner.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2021
    I’ve been meaning to say how much better Sark is than James Lake.

Sark! Who sucked! But could at least beat up on bad teams!

How pitiful for your head coach to be worse than SARK
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705

I’m curious what the over/under week will be when Lake will follow suit and start throwing the players under the bus, especially ones he told us were worldbeaters just before the season. Maybe 3 1/2? 4 1/2?
    Jimmy already know he has a midget at QB that has zero touch and does

This has got to be a troll job but I’ll play. Who’s in charge of developing the quarterback who threw 3 INTs against an FCS opponent? Who hired or retained that coach?

I don't need need to Troll. The networks were doing cut ups of Morris' over-throws last season. Coach Pete was asked what he recruits in a QB and he said "QB has to be accurate" that is the antithesis of Morris. Watching him throw that post to Giles was like watching Shaq try to nail a free throw. Morris has to think about his mechanics on mid-range and longer throws and when he's off target on crossing routes it's really bad.

Jimmy needs to stop being the obstacle to his teams success but on the field the players have to execute. No amount of coaching can fix poor execution
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,886
    edited September 2021

I’m curious what the over/under week will be when Lake will follow suit and start throwing the players under the bus, especially ones he told us were worldbeaters just before the season. Maybe 3 1/2? 4 1/2?

I don't need need to Troll. The networks were doing cut ups of Morris' over-throws last season. Coach Pete was asked what he recruits in a QB and he said "QB has to be accurate" that is the antithesis of Morris. Watching him throw that post to Giles was like watching Shaq try to nail a free throw. Morris has to think about his mechanics on mid-range and longer throws and when he's off target on crossing routes it's really bad.

Jimmy needs to stop being the obstacle to his teams success but on the field the players have to execute. No amount of coaching can fix poor execution
    Good coaching can.

A lot of bad coaching, correct.

• Options
    BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You can hire a black coach on his merits. But you cannot fire them on their merits.

Anyone would be crazy to hire a black coach for this reason alone.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mario strongly implied that anyone criticizing Coach Lake was doing so because of racism.

Mario said that if someone hasn't played football for UW then they do not have the right to criticize.

As if some white coach who has a disastrous recruiting class, hires the NY Jets groundskeeper as his OC, and then caps it off with a loss to Montana, isn't going to be heavily criticized?

Mario and his enabling behavior is part of the overall culture problem at UW.

I saw that. Maryo lost a lot of credibility right there. I wish this BLM shit would stop seeping in to all fascists of life. Jimmy sucks as a head coach because he isn't ready for the job. Doesn't matter if he's black, white, yellow, or red. He has proven it time and again. Program is going down and I don't see it coming back
  • Options
    billingsmafiabillingsmafia Member Posts: 2
    5 Awesomes First Comment
    The team you lost to is not a run of the mill FCS team. The Griz will dominate all of of FCS this year. Bring it on boys, No pac 12 team could beat the Griz in Missoula, not one.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    Blayen said:

You can hire a black coach on his merits. But you cannot fire them on their merits.

Anyone would be crazy to hire a black coach for this reason alone.

This isn't a reason it's baseless conjecture. Ty got fired and few people questioned it they understood. Jimmy has stumbled out the gates not in areas that a HC must do as far as coaching staff personnel and vision. You can't tell people you want to be physical and aggressive and then field a team that's falling asleep in the huddle.

Lake shouldn't be fired but he should be warned against saying things in public that aren't in alignment with what is on the field.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The team you lost to is not a run of the mill FCS team. The Griz will dominate all of of FCS this year. Bring it on boys, No pac 12 team could beat the Griz in Missoula, not one.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Poor execution is 100% on the coaches. Their job is to ingrain execution in the players. Any failure by the players to execute is a coaching failure.

This is just thinly veiled coach apologetics.