Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yella’s morning after thoughts

124»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Pete retired January 1, 2019

Hope this helps

Yet the recruiting continued to be strong right up until the point Pete left the office.

Strange.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dawgs are 11-7 since Pete mailed it in

You are who your record says you are
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

guatedawg said:

Been gone for awhile.

Went to the game and felt like throwing up. This probably isn't as bad as losing to the Beavs as 37 point favorites a few years back, because we were a good team then. But this was fucking pathetic.

Why Jimmie was hired I do not know. I have not seen one move that tells me he is ready for this.

But you fuckers blaming this on Petersen pisses me off. Yes, Pete wanted his man to get the job. Why wouldn't he? Every fucking school in the country wanted Jimmie. We had him. Who knew he wasn't ready to HC. It wasn't til his OC hire that we all went What the fuck?

In a fucking second I would take Pete back.

"Pete couldn't beat Alabama" "Ohio State destroyed us" Get the fuck of here. I'll take 3 NY6 bowls in 6 years ANY FUCKING TIME.

Over/Under on the next time Dawgs go to 3 NY6 in 6 years - 2050. I'll put 50k on the fucking over. My kids will collect from you.

Trying to find new angles to blame Pete is silly. When he was here he won a lot of games, won two conference titles, and folded in the big spotlights. A better coach than all but maybe 5-10 of his contemporaries. That's his legacy.

Jimmy sucking is on nobody but Jimmy and Jen. And yeah, nobody is winning big here ever again. The cultural and instutional gap between us and the heavyweights is way too massive. Accept the decline and find a new fucking hobby. Learn to get excited about conference wins. That's going to be the high watermark going forward.
    I made this exact point repeatedly in a gay cabal I'm in. I'm not going to Tug this out, but the political and cultural differences are not a small thign and they are hugely significant on football. Say whatever you want about dumbfuck Cleetus in Alabama having a shitty life, but he doesn't watch shitty football. It really does MEAN MORE down there. Throw in the huge money advantage in TV contracts, the NIL favoring the teams that were great when it was signed (last year, so not us), and the cultural, political, economic and competitive landscape is titled so strongly against us that it is over permanently (or at least until some seismic shift none of us could foresee happens).

Get a new hobby. In the current iteration of college football, UW will never win a National Championship. Hell there are only about 5 teams that actually can. And it's the same 5 we've been watching in the playoffs every year for a decade. College football has never been more boring. Root for Bama, Clemson, Ohio State or LSU, or accept never winning much that matters.
    This. I'm glad someone gets it. Add in the Saban factor and TSIO before it even starts.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

In a text exchange with my brother.

Burn the whole place down.
    Fire all the coaches
    Forfeit the rest of the season
    Cancel football as a sports at UW.
    Seattle is no longer a UW football town.

The only think missing from this list:

Plant a pea patch