Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yella’s morning after thoughts

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

pawz said:

1- Glad I got the fuck out of Seattle last year while the getting was good. The last thing I really loved and cared about in that town is FUBAR.

2- Fuck off Chris Petersen. Your UW legacy is in shambles.

I wouldn't be too upset if Lake stepped down and Petersen decided to end his retirement early.
    Lake is on Petersen. Screw that.
    Peterson's failures were always on the offensive side of the ball.

We? couldn't move the fucking ball against MONTANA.

It's still Peterson's mess.

You mean like how we hung 48, 59 and 41 on Rutgers, Idaho and Portland in 2016 and all the starters were out by the middle of the 3rd quarter?

Or do we think Petersen led teams were hanging 7 on the likes of Montana? Oh wait, he hung 63 on these shitters in 2017.

The problem is Lake... not Petersen. Lake is a shit coach, Petersen is not.
    Petersen's offenses sucked. All of them.
    The 2016 team averaged 42 PPG in 2016 and finished 4th in that category among P5 teams.

I know you're trying to be edgy, but it's just stupid to say that.
    Pete got the draw of a historically bad Oregon d and a historically bad Cal d that year. He played 3 competent defenses and lost 2/3 games. His offense didn't do shit to Colorado either.

Pete was a burnout with a burnout offense.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

pawz said:

1- Glad I got the fuck out of Seattle last year while the getting was good. The last thing I really loved and cared about in that town is FUBAR.

I wouldn't be too upset if Lake stepped down and Petersen decided to end his retirement early.

You mean like how we hung 48, 59 and 41 on Rutgers, Idaho and Portland in 2016 and all the starters were out by the middle of the 3rd quarter?

Or do we think Petersen led teams were hanging 7 on the likes of Montana? Oh wait, he hung 63 on these shitters in 2017.

Petersen's offenses sucked. All of them.
    The 2016 team averaged 42 PPG in 2016 and finished 4th in that category among P5 teams.

I know you're trying to be edgy, but it's just stupid to say that.
    What was the point total when you remove the cupcakes that were literally placed on the field?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

My Doog portion is hurting, but there are a few seats still open on the Ute train Yella.

I can’t go back to Utah @89ute. I just can’t.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

They both are

Hope this helps

Jimmy is Petersen's son
    FUCK OFF
    Your hot recruiting takes and man love for Petersen look pretty fucking stupid

As always
    Hot recruiting takes? You mean the “this staff can’t recruit” and highlighting the red flags and trends in the program?

Score 1 for Teq

Man love for Petersen? I think most here would say I was plenty critical of Petersen particularly when it looked like he was burned out (which I was calling out well before he left) … I also am against any suggestion of Petersen coming back to take over the program

How’s that Jimmy Lake bandwagon working out to you? Clearly good enough that you’re hopping on Chip’s fucktarded bandwagon
    Petersen recruits suck. So did Petersen. So does Jimmy

He got a shot

Any retard pining for Petersen is part of the problem.

I agree with your last point

Considering that UW has the most active NFL players of any P12 school your first is questionable at best
    8 and 5

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    no_uh said:

I wonder if Kiffin would come back west for enough $. He seems like the type of mercenary to bail on Ole Miss after one season, and would surely recognize the potential here just because the whole conference is garbage. I don't know why I'm typing this because our AD won't do shit, but one can dream.

no way to a Raider reject

and no way to Jon Smith

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The college game has passed him up. Adapt or die. (Quit)
    The product the college game is pumping out right now is dogshit. Aside for 4 or 5 programs everyone else is pretty freaking bad. This league should be easy pickings and I have a hard time believing Petersen wouldn't be lapping the current competition.

Cristo is a shitty coach. Helton is a shitty coach. And their programs are supposed to be the "elite" of the P12.

I agree. I really enjoy games like Charlotte vs Duke. Two teams going at it, I have no stake in the game. Just watching college football because I love it.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,486
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    The loss is about equivalent to losing to a lower-tier FBS team. A #9 FCS team is about like a lower FBS team. You guys don't/won't accept that. In the last 10 years three FCS teams have played the Huskies tough -- Eastern twice took the Huskees to the 4th quarter and now this... if you book a top notch FCS team you can't run one series and go on fucking cruise control.

But the real reason for this is the total lack of a real coaching search. He had no head coaching experience.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    Hopefully lil piss will be quaking soon
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AOG said:

The loss is about equivalent to losing to a lower-tier FBS team. A #9 FCS team is about like a lower FBS team. You guys don't/won't accept that. In the last 10 years three FCS teams have played the Huskies tough -- Eastern twice took the Huskees to the 4th quarter and now this... if you book a top notch FCS team you can't run one series and go on fucking cruise control.

But the real reason for this is the total lack of a real coaching search. He had no head coaching experience.

Bullshit. You absolutely can go on cruise control against "good" FCS teams and lower tier mid majors. We've done it countless times. So have other teams. The talent differential is massive, that's why this loss is rightly getting the attention it is. It's a big fucking upset.
    Exactly. Montana has 65 scholarship players and 11 of them are scraps from WA State who were passed over by the Fresno's, Boise States, and Nevadas of the world. Not to mention WSU.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen easily should have lost his first game while scoring 17 against fucking Hawaii and then the next week almost lost to Eastern. Both games he was bailed out by actually talented guys he had on his team because Sark cared about recruiting.

Jimmy sucks far beyond a burnt out Petersen and Jimmy sucks even worse than the belief that a bunch of "four star recruits" automatically means you're super talented or something.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

AOG said:

Bullshit. You absolutely can go on cruise control against "good" FCS teams and lower tier mid majors. We've done it countless times. So have other teams. The talent differential is massive, that's why this loss is rightly getting the attention it is. It's a big fucking upset.
    Fine, and take the chance of losing which was the result.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I wonder what the Huard family is thinking. Do they start looking at options? Do they start lobbing for change? If so, at what level (AD, coach, position coach(es))?
  • Options

AOG said:

You remind me of a guy who confident drinking and driving, has done it countless times and so have his friends. Finally he gets busted.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AOG said:

So they're probably as good as New Mexico State or something, but with 22 fewer players...so there's no possible excuse for scoring 7 pts. and losing

Bobby Hack got fired from powerhouse UNLV, but he beat Jim Fake....let that sink in...
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    no_uh said:

I wonder if Kiffin would come back west for enough $. He seems like the type of mercenary to bail on Ole Miss after one season, and would surely recognize the potential here just because the whole conference is garbage. I don't know why I'm typing this because our AD won't do shit, but one can dream.

Hard pass. I have enough problems finding chicks on campus as is, last thing we need is Joey Freshwater and his money bags patrolling for strange in Montlake.