Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jeff Choate

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
I did not know he left Montana State (after an 11-4 season) to be Co-DC with Kwat at Texas.

Does anyone know the story there?

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    HFNY said:

I did not know he left Montana State (after an 11-4 season) to be Co-DC with Kwat at Texas.

Pay raise? Also lines him up to be a DC hire at a major program in 2-3 years if Texas is good (LOL).
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

He got a raise and can coach at Texas

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    He'll end up as an FBS coach soon. Was really impressed with his work as DL coach here before he left to MSU.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kwat went to Texas and is STILL a co dc? Wtf?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Pay raise with no accountability. Smart man
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    (Except Jon Donovan, apparently)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    I remember saying it was dumb to demote Kwat to keep Jimmy.

Was not a popular opinion at the time. But Petersen wanted it to happen so it did

Kwat stayed anyway and now is co DC again

Some men just know their limitations

Brent Venebles is a DC for life at Clemson if he wants and short of 9 million dollars a year to be head coach somewhere its a smart move

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Every coordinator is a co coordinator these days. Title inflation.

K calls the plays. And gets paid the most money.

He’s the coordinator.
    @dnc nailed it. Look at how many assistant head coaches there are plus the co-coordinators plus other made up titles used to increase pay and keep guys around.
    I think also…..and I could be wrong here but you can’t give raises to public employees unless their contract is up. So you create a new position/new job (Assoc. Head Coach…..Passing Game Coord. ) etc

I could be full of shit though
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

I get leaving to be a tier 1 program DC as a level up strategy to an eventual P5 coaching job, but hitching to Sark's wagon is hilarious to me. I will be gleefully rooting for that program to crash and burn. Boomer Sooner.

Nothing's changed with you?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

I get leaving to be a tier 1 program DC as a level up strategy to an eventual P5 coaching job, but hitching to Sark's wagon is hilarious to me. I will be gleefully rooting for that program to crash and burn. Boomer Sooner. </

Must see TV. I’m petty and I want this whole Sark and ex-Peterman assistant thing to crash and burn. Such a weird UWcentric slurry of a combination it has to be DOOMED! Or it will succeed wildly to torture me. EWIWBI

• dnc said:

I remember suggesting we should go after Choate and being told he wouldn’t leave for another assistance coach position.

In this case it was a blueblood paying Texas money.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Gladstone said:

I get leaving to be a tier 1 program DC as a level up strategy to an eventual P5 coaching job, but hitching to Sark's wagon is hilarious to me. I will be gleefully rooting for that program to crash and burn. Boomer Sooner.

How about #FearTheFrog
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    I just tweeted at him to see if he'd be the HC at UW next year after dominating his conference and building recruiting ties in Tejas for 2021.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,713 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2021
    dnc said:

I remember suggesting we should go after Choate and being told he wouldn’t leave for another assistance coach position.

Choate would never work for Jimmy in a million years.