Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A big thank you to all who have supported the site

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
edited September 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Well our August fundraiser has come to an end, even though people are able to donate year-round. But August is when we focus and hit it hard once a year.

Compared to August 2019, site traffic for August 2021 was down about 55%. There are several reasons for that, mostly related to Covid stuff and a general lack of enthusiasm for UW football. But our donations haven't fallen at all. We hit $8,700 for August, with most of our prominent posters enthusiastically showing their support. @PurpleBaze led the way with $1,000 along with @pawz at $300.81. If you see a poster with a badge next to their avatar, they are to be thanked for helping keep the lights on here at Hardcore Husky.

It's no secret that my enthusiasm for Husky Football has waned over the past few years. And this site requires 75-90 minutes of admin work every day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. But seeing so many regular posters support the site with such generosity has felt like a shot in the arm. Many of you included notes describing what the site means to you. It makes me want to make the site better and keep this endeavor toward free speech going.

So I want to say "thank you", and let's hope the Dawgs beat Michigan and have an enjoyable year for us to follow at Hardcore Husky.

As a reminder, I still have 3 pilsner glasses remaining. To any existing Wigwam or Founders Club members, additional glasses are $50 including shipping.

PayPal https://paypal.com/paypalme/hardcorehusky

Venmo @derek-johnson-67

Derek Johnson
PO Box 1211
Woodinville, WA 98072

Comments