Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Podcast: We're tanned, rested and ready for Montana

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

And that’s my point … Baylor isn’t in the Top 2 for adds … it’s debatable if they would be over Texas Tech to be honest

From a combination of $$$, football performance, and recruiting … TCU blows Baylor out of the water

What hurts both TCU and Baylor is that their footprints as private schools are a fraction of the alumni bases of state schools like Tech for instance

Baylor pours a lot of money into football and wants to be great
    Have you ever seen Baylor’s fan base?

Bunch of 5’6” 150 pound gingers that don’t have an athletic bone in their bodies
    That’s the male student population.

Fans are old rich farmers and oil tycoons. Do you not read anything I post?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

And that’s my point … Baylor isn’t in the Top 2 for adds … it’s debatable if they would be over Texas Tech to be honest

From a combination of $$$, football performance, and recruiting … TCU blows Baylor out of the water

What hurts both TCU and Baylor is that their footprints as private schools are a fraction of the alumni bases of state schools like Tech for instance

Bunch of 5’6” 150 pound gingers that don’t have an athletic bone in their bodies

They look fine to me.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That’s the male student population.

Fans are old rich farmers and oil tycoons. Do you not read anything I post?
    I'm well aware of Baylor's fan base ... as well as the balance of the Big 12

Baylor's middle of the road in the conference ...

There's a huge gap between the Top 2 (and even in the top tier there is a decent sized gap) ... the differential between the remaining schools comes down to how you slice/dice the revenue streams and what you're prioritizing
    Derek,

A few questions for you ...

1) Provide in order your top 5 expansion candidates for the PAC 12 in order

2) In the Big 12, provide the order that you think the 8 public school ADs generate revenue (TCU and Baylor are private and aren't required to publicly report) - notably who generates the revenues in football?

3) Which Athletic Department do you think generates more $ between TCU and Baylor? Football Only? Where do you think the schools rank in the Big 12 Hierarchy in terms of football revenue? total revenue?

4) Excluding Stanford/USC as private schools, rank the P12 Athletic Departments based on revenue generated?

I'll happily fill in the blanks afterwards, but I'm really interested to get your perspective on where each program ranks in the pecking order of the conferences.

Tequilla said:

Derek,

2) In the Big 12, provide the order that you think the 8 public school ADs generate revenue (TCU and Baylor are private and aren't required to publicly report) - notably who generates the revenues in football?

3) Which Athletic Department do you think generates more $ between TCU and Baylor? Football Only? Where do you think the schools rank in the Big 12 Hierarchy in terms of football revenue? total revenue?

4) Excluding Stanford/USC as private schools, rank the P12 Athletic Departments based on revenue generated?

I'll happily fill in the blanks afterwards, but I'm really interested to get your perspective on where each program ranks in the pecking order of the conferences.

I'll gladly do this homework assignment if you donate $10 to the site to help support it.
    It’s been on my to do list while traveling

If you can find a way to not tag my donation level the contribution will come
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Derek,

I'll gladly do this homework assignment if you donate $10 to the site to help support it.

You sound poor.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Derek,

You sound poor.
    Principled ... not poor
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club
    C’mon man, Derek asked for $10.

You should go re-read what I responded with ...

What I do or do not contribute isn't really anybody's business except for mine, Derek if he asks, and any moderator that directly asks me about it (and some of them know my perspective on this)
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

What I do or do not contribute isn't really anybody's business except for mine, Derek if he asks, and any moderator that directly asks me about it (and some of them know my perspective on this)
    You've never communicated any perspective to me so I'm not sure what you mean. But, you donated last night and I appreciate your support of the site.

I'm heading out the door to go to Edmonds right now, but when I get back later this morning I'll answer the questions.

Tequilla said:

You've never communicated any perspective to me so I'm not sure what you mean. But, you donated last night and I appreciate your support of the site.

I'm heading out the door to go to Edmonds right now, but when I get back later this morning I'll answer the questions.
    Exactly … I don’t think you’ve ever asked and it’s definitely not something I’d say just for shits and giggles

Yellow Pisser and I have had conversations about it …

My reasoning is far from nefarious … it probably best can be described as a difference in opinions
    Tequilla said:

Derek,

1. Oklahoma State
    2. Baylor
    3. Texas Tech
    4. Kansas State
    5. BYU (edging out Houston)

1. Texas
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Oklahoma State
    4. Texas Tech
    5. West Virginia
    6. Kansas State
    7. Iowa State
    8. Kansas

Since you're posing this question to me and you're prideful of TCU, I'm going with TCU. But if it wasn't you asking me, but rather some Joe Schlub like @PostGameOrangeSlices asking me, I might very well have answered Baylor.

1. Washington
    2. UCLA
    3. Oregon
    4. Arizona State
    5. Arizona
    6. Colorado
    7. California
    8. Utah
    9. Beavlet
    10. Cuog

I’ll respond later in more detail (today is a travel day) Derek but thank you for your answers …

Regarding expansion candidates, can you give quick bullet points for your reasoning for each?

In all evidence I’ve seen, TCU produces about $10-15M more in revenue annually as an Athletic Department versus Baylor … I’ll fill in more of the blanks there later

I think you’ll be surprised where programs rank in terms of revenue
    Tequilla said:

I’ll respond later in more detail (today is a travel day) Derek but thank you for your answers …

Regarding expansion candidates, can you give quick bullet points for your reasoning for each?

In all evidence I’ve seen, TCU produces about $10-15M more in revenue annually as an Athletic Department versus Baylor … I’ll fill in more of the blanks there later

I think you’ll be surprised where programs rank in terms of revenue

I mainly based expansion candidates on how serious they seem about football along with location.
    Also... Boise State deserves consideration, not for what they are now, but for the fact that Boise is booming and they might not be small time for much longer.

I just listened. I think that QB regression at UW is linked to competition. Picket and Price both worked harder than ever in the off-season to win the job initially. After the job was theirs who pushed them? Paus? Montana? Great first years and then diminishing returns. Locker never had to earn the job. It was always his. He then never had to fight to keep it. Browning? Give me a break. Smith struck out on every prospect he went after during JBs four years. No one pushed Browning. Morris had to fight to win the job and then after he wins it Huard comes in the immediate spring after. That is motivation to work your ass off and improve. Just my two cents.

Good points regional manager.