Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Podcast: We're tanned, rested and ready for Montana

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,549 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Adding Baylor? Okie light? BYU? KSfU?

Christ. Stop talking.

We don’t actually want that to happen, nor do we expect it. It was reported as a rumor, so we commented on it. Also, it’s impossible for me to stop talking.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club

TTJ said:

Christ. Stop talking.

We don’t actually want that to happen, nor do we expect it. It was reported as a rumor, so we commented on it. Also, it’s impossible for me to stop talking.
    I wouldn't mind Okie State coming to the Pac-12. I've been saying that for weeks.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Christ. Stop talking.

Free pub!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    TTJ said:

Christ. Stop talking.

Haven’t listened …

But if that’s the order of schools/programs pining for then there’s a real lack of understanding where the $$$ is in the Big 12
    OK State still has T Boone Pickens money. It’s Stillwater but the money is real

Okie Lite would be a Top 2 add for me out of the Big 12

Decent sized alumni base and strong in a number of sports

Like you said, they have $$$
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

that is basically what was said in the podcast
  • ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    We do seem cursed by regressign QBs
    edited August 2021
    I would add Houston over most of their schools left. Big money market that still cares about football. Small stadium though
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

TTJ said:

Christ. Stop talking.

Haven’t listened …

But if that’s the order of schools/programs pining for then there’s a real lack of understanding where the $$$ is in the Big 12
    I know football is king, but Kansas, despite their arguably worst in the nation P-5 football program, would seem to be a catch considering their blue blood status in basketball.

Tequilla said:

Who is your other Top 2 add? Baylor?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club
    Houston, Tech, Okie State and TCU. That would give the P12 11 of the top 30 media markets(I’m counting Sacramento and San Diego) in America with which to negotiate your new TV deal.

Tequilla said:

TTJ said:

Christ. Stop talking.

Haven’t listened …

I know football is king, but Kansas, despite their arguably worst in the nation P-5 football program, would seem to be a catch considering their blue blood status in basketball.
    If they were even remotely competitive in football they’re a no brainer for everybody

They are so bad in football you could argue they’d be better off shutting it down … it’s limiting their long term future

I would add Houston over most of their schools left. Big money market that still cares about football. Small stadium though

Houston is trash in so many respects
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Who is your other Top 2 add? Baylor?
    Exactly.
    Tequilla said:

Houston is trash in so many respects
    I’m with ya. I’ll throw out a dark horse and that’s UNLV. It’s scraping the barrel but the new commish may have a soft spot
    And that’s my point … Baylor isn’t in the Top 2 for adds … it’s debatable if they would be over Texas Tech to be honest

From a combination of $$$, football performance, and recruiting … TCU blows Baylor out of the water

What hurts both TCU and Baylor is that their footprints as private schools are a fraction of the alumni bases of state schools like Tech for instance
    Tequilla said:

And that’s my point … Baylor isn’t in the Top 2 for adds … it’s debatable if they would be over Texas Tech to be honest

From a combination of $$$, football performance, and recruiting … TCU blows Baylor out of the water

What hurts both TCU and Baylor is that their footprints as private schools are a fraction of the alumni bases of state schools like Tech for instance

Baylor pours a lot of money into football and wants to be great

Tequilla said:

Baylor pours a lot of money into football and wants to be great
    Have you ever seen Baylor’s fan base?

Bunch of 5’6” 150 pound gingers that don’t have an athletic bone in their bodies