Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kim knows how to fix the dawgpack

2»

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    how about a lone pizza delivery guy who enters one of the tunnels and pretends to give a free pizza to 4 people, gets the crowd in a frenzy and then gives the pizza to an older fan?!!! That would get people to the stadium.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I'm all for a more appropriate slogan ...

Kim Jong Ill, Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Grin.

The right nickname is definitely in the Kim Jong family, just not sure which fits best.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is "little bitch" too generic for Kimmy's nickname?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I support Alex Akita
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You don't just "get" hardcore fans by making a decision in some office. By playing some BS gimmicks on a big screen or changing a logo. You can facilitate popular following by making tickets affordable and help out when fans want to organize something. But there needs to be a demand for that and that can't be artificial.

You either are passionate, or you are not. There is nothing you can do to change that other than through long term results.

In Seattle (and most places), if you win, they will come. If you don't, good luck. True story: Tickets went on sale for the 2000-2001 season. Two of my h.s. friends (they were students then) were the only two in line. This was just one season removed from four straight postseason appearances and two straight NCAA appearances. Interest dropped off really quickly. Granted those late Bender teams were kind of awful...I remember Michael Johnson (namedrop: I knew him in elementary school) and Bryan freaking Brown and nobody else...
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

I'm all for a more appropriate slogan ...

Axe PL_SS. I hear he has slogans dialed in.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

how about a lone pizza delivery guy who enters one of the tunnels and pretends to give a free pizza to 4 people, gets the crowd in a frenzy and then gives the pizza to an older fan?!!! That would get people to the stadium.

How about a lone pizza guy who goes to the sorority houses to give a free pizza to 4 girls and then opens the box to reveal a pizza with his 12 inch penis going right through the middle of it. He then enters all 4 of their tunnels.

A Big Sausage Pizza, if you will
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Meek said:

How about a lone pizza guy who goes to the sorority houses to give a free pizza to 4 girls and then opens the box to reveal a pizza with his 12 inch penis going right through the middle of it. He then enters all 4 of their tunnels.

Damn you! Beat me to it!

I used to be WeAreABigSausagePizzaSchool on Dawgman. I think it lasted 2 posts. I always worried about the chicks getting pizza grease on their tits causing future zits.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Meek said:

POTD

BNB wins. Everyone else can go the hell home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I'm hearing crazy Larry is tan, rested and ready.

Worked so well in 2012.......
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Scarves is the ticket, I tell ya.

Then we can hold them up, and jump up and down chanting like a bunch of faggots (75K).
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dardanus said:

Tequilla said:

There's so much wrong with this thread ...

All Little Napoleon cares about is buzz and sizzle ... he doesn't have the faintest clue what creates buzz and sizzle.

Stop calling him Napoleon. At least Napoleon accomplished something. Kim is a failed real estate agent from south king county parading around as a journalist desperately seeking respect.
    Napoleon was also taller than commonly assumed. Average height for the time.
    Napolean height Superiority Guy
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Alex fucking Akita LOL

The only doog in the world that actually wishes he was Kim Grinolds. His once-entertaining SSN blog has devolved into the sycophantic agenda-craving farce that DM is, albeit on 1/1000th the scale.

I'm now hearing that Alex's kid has the crud and won't be able to coordinate the doogpack afterall.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Have they thought of t shirt cannons? Those work pretty well in the NBA.

You don't just "get" hardcore fans by making a decision in some office. By playing some BS gimmicks on a big screen or changing a logo. You can facilitate popular following by making tickets affordable and help out when fans want to organize something. But there needs to be a demand for that and that can't be artificial.

You either are passionate, or you are not. There is nothing you can do to change that other than through long term results.

In Seattle (and most places), if you win, they will come. If you don't, good luck. True story: Tickets went on sale for the 2000-2001 season. Two of my h.s. friends (they were students then) were the only two in line. This was just one season removed from four straight postseason appearances and two straight NCAA appearances. Interest dropped off really quickly. Granted those late Bender teams were kind of awful...I remember Michael Johnson (namedrop: I knew him in elementary school) and Bryan freaking Brown and nobody else...
    People that say the Seahawk fans have always been loyal and crazy like they are now can fuck off and die in a fire. I have been to several games were I walked up to the stadium and bought a ticket at less than face value. They have also had waiting lists go from 50,000 down to where you could walk up and buy season tickets right before the first game one the year. Winning is all that matters.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014

Have they thought of t shirt cannons? Those work pretty well in the NBA.

People that say the Seahawk fans have always been loyal and crazy like they are now can fuck off and die in a fire. I have been to several games were I walked up to the stadium and bought a ticket at less than face value. They have also had waiting lists go from 50,000 down to where you could walk up and buy season tickets right before the first game one the year. Winning is all that matters.
    exactly right

It was pretty easy to buy tickets in the 90s through the early 2000s, except for maybe '90 (winning season, coming off six or seven mostly solid years) and '99 (playoff year). I'm too lazy to compare it to other markets, but most are probably the same way.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Alex fucking Akita LOL

The only doog in the world that actually wishes he was Kim Grinolds. His once-entertaining SSN blog has devolved into the sycophantic agenda-craving farce that DM is, albeit on 1/1000th the scale.

Not to mention his uncomfortable man crush on Ryan Divish. Those two may as well just be fucking on Twitter.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club

The Dawgpack for both football and basketball really needs to be figured out. Crazy student sections set the tone for the atmosphere inside. Just put some effort into it. Get a group of hardcore crazy students who aren't fair weather fans who show up when the team wins. It shouldn't be that hard to find a fanatical core. When the AD speaks of competing with big screen HD TV's and the comforts of home, you have to create an atmosphere inside the stadium. The Dawgpack is a good place to start

completely agree
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

You know a thread is delivering when you get a Booty Brown reference.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club
    Vegasdawg said:

If you want excited fans in the seats then focus all the energy on winning on every level of the program. The problem as I see it is having and promoting an enabling mindset. Fans vote with their pocketbooks and time. You want full stadiums and arenas then stop defending incompetence and mediocrity. I want to puke everytime I hear or read somebody saying that a program is getting better when the facts disagree. There seems to be no end to or creative means wasted when it came to defending 3DB. And right up until and including when he left. The same with Romar, is he or isn't his product superior?

I don't believe a fan site is a truly a fan site if the format and character is enabling of mediocrity. The site might provide information a fan wants which has a value in it's own, but once the site begins labeling the customers the fans as malcontents because they don't tow the mark and assume enabling behavior, it's not a fan site. I can remember being labeled a half brain because I was not towing the company line. At some sites you are not going to be allowed to express the truth or blow off steam. How does a program fill seats and gain a rabid fan base if it has fake fans sites and an administration that embraces lies and mediocrity? Sark needed to go after the losing streak in year three, by then it was clear that his potential was capped out. Romar's potential is capped out too. Anyway, I could go on about this but what's the sense, it is what it is.

great post