Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to The Bully

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

pawz said:

They had one great, epic album and then lived off of it for 30 years. If we're being truthful.

No. No one lives off one album for 30 years.

They continued to add to their repertoire along the way.

There are no two concerts the same; the set list is never the same.

This will make @dnc cringe, but McCready's solos are greater than anything Vedder does vocally imo.

It just seems to get better and better and better.

disagree
    Sad.
    SAD! Shout it from the rooftops
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Pearl Jam is a decent band. For chicks.

I have them in dead last of the Big 4 from Seattle and it isn't close.

Soundgarden
    AiC
    Nirvana (this is some sort of weird three way tie depending on the day)

Pearl Jam

Anyone who disagrees is gay, which is okay, just gay.

I'd probably put AiC first but otherwise this is my list exactly.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Soundgarden
    AiC

Pearl Jam

This is why we had a 6 year gay relationship before you decided you liked the wimenz.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Soundgarden
    AiC

Pearl Jam

This is why we had a 6 year gay relationship before you decided you liked the wimenz.

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Soundgarden
    AiC

Pearl Jam

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    Swaye's Wigwam

Peak Seattle grunge happened while I was in high school, so all those bands can eat a dick as far as I'm concerned. Bunch of white, suburban whiny bitches whining about their problems in nasally tones aside, those assholes ruined every single girl I might have otherwise wanted to see naked. In middle school, when girls wouldn't let you touch them, it was all about getting sent home for Daisy Dukes and crop tops. High school? "Check out how long my armpit and leg hair has gotten!" "Look at me 'not conforming' and 'not caring' by wearing the same goddamned inch-thick flannel shirt and baggy pants and wool hat every other girl is wearing!" "You want me to touch your penis? But they need me in this hacky sack circle..."

My little brother went to school with a bunch of wannabe Brittanys who would just accidentally trip and fall vagina-first onto his dick. Me? I went to high school with wannabe Darias because of those fucks Soundgarden, AiC, Nirvana, etc. Fuck. Those. Guys.

I did my part to spread the gospel of Shaolin shadowboxing and the Wu-Tang sword style in those dark tims. Not every hero wears a cape.

I laughed because I hit high school just as every teen girl wanted to be Gloria Steinem and they read MS Magazine and wanted to be treated as a person not a sex object.

Had to rewrite the playbook on the fly.

No more Steve McQueen it was Alan Alda time
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

They had one great, epic album and then lived off of it for 30 years. If we're being truthful.

Agreed. Makes me sad that Andrew, Chris, Kurt and Lane are all gone, while the most mediocre singer of them all hangs on and hangs around, despite his awful falsetto and shitty cover song selections.

There is no justice in the music world.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Soundgarden
    AiC

Pearl Jam

If you're going to quote Pimpbot 5000, then pics, or GTFO!
  • Options
    Swaye said:

I was wrapping up high school in the late 80's and I gotta tell you, that was a great time to be alive and have a dick. Snuck right in between "treat me as a person" 70's womens movement and "sex is conforming" of the 90's grunge scene. I was happily treated to all the hair metal band castoff pussy I could handle. In 1987 if you had a car and a Whitesnake tape and couldn't laid after powerblasting 'Here I Go Again" you were gay or a loser like HH.

The 80's was quite honestly the best. Fingerbanging some slut in the theatre watching Red Dawn then cranking ZZ Top Legs back at her place in the basement for a blowie. In middle school.

In the still of the night I hear the wolf howl, honey, sniffing around your door.
    In the still of the night I feel my heart beating heavy, telling me I gotta have more.

Flashbacks?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Soundgarden
    AiC

Pearl Jam

I'd switch AIC with Soundgarden but pretty good assessment chief
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I was wrapping up high school in the late 80's and I gotta tell you, that was a great time to be alive and have a dick. Snuck right in between "treat me as a person" 70's womens movement and "sex is conforming" of the 90's grunge scene. I was happily treated to all the hair metal band castoff pussy I could handle. In 1987 if you had a car and a Whitesnake tape and couldn't laid after powerblasting 'Here I Go Again" you were gay or a loser like HH.

The 80's was quite honestly the best. Fingerbanging some slut in the theatre watching Red Dawn then cranking ZZ Top Legs back at her place in the basement for a blowie. In middle school.

In the still of the night I hear the wolf howl, honey, sniffing around your door.
    In the still of the night I feel my heart beating heavy, telling me I gotta have more.

Flashbacks?
    I got a boner, so yes.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Flashbacks?
    I got a boner, so yes.
    I had a boner from 1980 to 1990.

Dated a half-breed Injun in 87 and 88.

Weird boobies. Incredible stamina.

TMI?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Flashbacks?
    I got a boner, so yes.
    I had a boner from 1980 to 1990.

Dated a half-breed Injun in 87 and 88.

Weird boobies. Incredible stamina.

TMI?

No. Continue.