Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#OurJoeKent

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Let’s Fucking Go!
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Let’s Fucking Go!

I needed some good news.

#LFG

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,898
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I love @MikeDamone and all, but this race isn’t gonna be particularity close in November.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

I love @MikeDamone and all, but this race isn’t gonna be particularity close in November.

Here is what my GOP guy is saying

"I'm hearing that some Democrats are getting giddy at the prospect of electing their Bernie Sanders-type candidate Perez if Joe Kent overtakes Congresswoman Herrera for the second runoff spot in November for Washington's 3rd CD.

I don't think so. Trump won the 3rd by 5% and that understates its Republican leaning. Remember that Republican Loren Culp, ran about 5% better than Trump in 2020 for Governor. Let's just say Culp was not a strong candidate. But the governor race attracted less attention, was not considered competitive, so people tended to vote more on party lines.

There are two countervailing trends going on in the 3rd. The urban areas of Clark County seem to be moving to the D's---you can see it in the robust numbers D candidates in the 17th and 18th legislative districts got on Tuesday (probably not enough to win the seats this year). In the rural areas of Clark and the rest of the counties in the 3rd, Democrats are basically in collapse which outweighs the 17th and 18th trends. The 49th looks more stagnant or frozen. I guess it's the working class white/hispanic Republican trend there offsetting the urban D trends.

Kent, if he ends up advancing, should hold the district in 2022 and 24 which look to be Republican years. If Republicans win the White House in 2024, partisan winds could change and he might run into trouble down the road."
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

"I'm hearing that some Democrats are getting giddy at the prospect of electing their Bernie Sanders-type candidate Perez if Joe Kent overtakes Congresswoman Herrera for the second runoff spot in November for Washington's 3rd CD.

I don't think so. Trump won the 3rd by 5% and that understates its Republican leaning. Remember that Republican Loren Culp, ran about 5% better than Trump in 2020 for Governor. Let's just say Culp was not a strong candidate. But the governor race attracted less attention, was not considered competitive, so people tended to vote more on party lines.

There are two countervailing trends going on in the 3rd. The urban areas of Clark County seem to be moving to the D's---you can see it in the robust numbers D candidates in the 17th and 18th legislative districts got on Tuesday (probably not enough to win the seats this year). In the rural areas of Clark and the rest of the counties in the 3rd, Democrats are basically in collapse which outweighs the 17th and 18th trends. The 49th looks more stagnant or frozen. I guess it's the working class white/hispanic Republican trend there offsetting the urban D trends.

Kent, if he ends up advancing, should hold the district in 2022 and 24 which look to be Republican years. If Republicans win the White House in 2024, partisan winds could change and he might run into trouble down the road."
    Time value of money and shit, I’m willing sacrifice 26 for 22.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

If the district did go blue this year it's going to be a long time before it goes red again. It won't be a one term and done as lonestar asserted. The data says Kent will win though.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

If the district did go blue this year it's going to be a long time before it goes red again. It won't be a one term and done as lonestar asserted. The data says Kent will win though.
    Praise Allah

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The DIMS ran the Portland carpetbagging college professor in the last two elections. She lost.

Now they're running the female small business auto repair shop owner from rural SW WA. She believes in working with her hands. The DIMS with their pulse on SW WA. LOL.....................
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Pay the players and win now. Worry about probation after the parade

Do you think kamala was thinking about 2024 when she was paying off BLM?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    edited August 2022

WTF???

Is this real life???? Great if true.

The ads that the Swamp paid for to confuse voters about Joe Kent were bad enough. They all seemed to be coming from the Democrats. But they weren’t. They were from Herreras PAC

The volume of them was much more shameful. I’m not lying when I say that there were the same 2 slander ads against Kent for a month at least 5 times per hour on every Pdx tv station.

I watched a half an hour of KATU news tonight. And this story of Kent taking the lead, wasn’t on it.
  • Options
    Kaepsknee said:

WTF???

The ads that the Swamp paid for to confuse voters about Joe Kent were bad enough.

The volume of them was much more shameful. I’m not lying when I say that there were the same 2 slander ads against Kent for a month at least 5 times per hour on every Pdx tv station.

I watched a half an hour of KATU news tonight. And this story of Kent taking the lead, wasn’t on it.
    I was getting two mailers at a time for days before the vote.

Has anyone seen H. St. John?

The true Conservative.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

Kaepsknee said:

WTF???

The ads that the Swamp paid for to confuse voters about Joe Kent were bad enough.

The true Conservative.
    Don’t know who this. Ron Paul had great ideas. But was unelectable. Martyrs don’t win elections.

I’m familiar with Lloyd St Clair though.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

This is what I was fucking saying to you weeks ago. Christ, some of us here have done this shit for a living.

Of course I am willing to eat crow if I'm wrong in November.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2022
    Kaepsknee said:

46XiJCAB said:

Kaepsknee said:

WTF???

The true Conservative.
    Don’t know who this. Ron Paul had great ideas. But was unelectable. Martyrs don’t win elections.

Same same
  • Options
    Kaepsknee said:

WTF???

The ads that the Swamp paid for to confuse voters about Joe Kent were bad enough. They all seemed to be coming from the Democrats. But they weren’t. They were from Herreras PAC

Another thing about this. I never saw one Joe Kent ad during this whole time. Not a single one.

And even stranger, I never saw one for the Democrat candidate either. The RINO swamp is committed but they are now ineffectual.

The RINO swamp monsters will be left with 3 choices.

Support Kent.

Keep their money and LIPO.

Or even worse. Support the Democrat.

I’d say the odds are even all the way around. Which ties back to my idea of making Trump RNC chair.

He’s running over 80% in picking winners and this needs to be leveraged with financial support.

If you’re a LIPO Rhino or worse, then count the days until you end up packing your shit.
  • Options
    Kaepsknee said:

46XiJCAB said:

Kaepsknee said:

WTF???

The true Conservative.

She was the “real conservative” in the race. Her sole purpose was to siphon votes from Kent.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

46XiJCAB said:

Kaepsknee said:

WTF???

The true Conservative.

Everyone likes to say that about Ron Paul. We know that about Romney and McCain. Ron’s schtick was anti do stupid shit more than anything, and had a following that somehow became Bernie bros. Who have now become full cult members. There was a window around occupy Wall Street to kick out establishment on both ends.