Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

1992 #20 USC @ #1 Washington No Huddle

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    I was there. The cracks were showing. SC was faster and more athletic. UW defense still lived in the backfield but struggled to bring guys down. The corners couldn't hang with SCs 5* receivers. UWs receivers couldn't separate and Beno/Kauffman couldn't run away from a stacked box full of great athletes.

So yeah, we walked out of there shaking our heads in doubt over the #1 ranking.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    edited August 2021
    USC was always a tough out. It was 14-0 in 91 and USC won three games that year. Both those games hurt us but I was just glad to beat those fuckers by any score

Also in 1991 the big reason we "knew" UW could win it all was because UCLA wasn't on the schedule. They had won 3 games in 1990, one of them being one of the worst losses ever for our DAWGS

UW under James had 80% of the schedule on lockdown. They didn't lose to Cal, Stanford, or the NW Three. Those were W's going in

It was always between UW, UCLA, USC, and ASU for recruits and the league. It's why UW was first or second for years and years under James

Today we have no one on lockdown. Cal and Stanford are mysteries, Oregon always wins. We just have the Apple Cup
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

USC was always a tough out. It was 14-0 in 91 and USC won three games that year. Both those games hurt us but I was just glad to beat those fuckers by any score

Also in 1991 the big reason we "knew" UW could win it all was because UCLA wasn't on the schedule. They had won 3 games in 1990, one of them being one of the worst losses ever for our DAWGS

UW under James had 80% of the schedule on lockdown. They didn't lose to Cal, Stanford, or the NW Three. Those were W's going in

It was always between UW, UCLA, USC, and ASU for recruits and the league. It's why UW was first or second for years and years under James

Today we have no one on lockdown. Cal and Stanford are mysteries, Oregon always wins. We just have the Apple Cup

Why do you hate Britain Covey?

I just hate Utah
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

*14-3

*14-3
    QLITP
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,776 Founders Club

*14-3
    From memory or Google?
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,316
    Did Walter Bailey fumble the ball after that INT at the end of the game? It looks like he just drops the ball in the end zone.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,040
    edited August 2021
    chuck said:

I was there. The cracks were showing. SC was faster and more athletic. UW defense still lived in the backfield but struggled to bring guys down. The corners couldn't hang with SCs 5* receivers. UWs receivers couldn't separate and Beno/Kauffman couldn't run away from a stacked box full of great athletes.

So yeah, we walked out of there shaking our heads in doubt over the #1 ranking.

Losing Bailey and McKay hurt. Those guys were good
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

*14-3
    From memory or Google?
    Memory of course