Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I still trust in Sam Huard

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2021

Sam is a really good QB prospect, but if you give him the same WR’s Huard had, I’m pretty sure he would have done the same thing in high school.

dnc said:

Butt I'm coming around on Dylan Morris. He certainly seems to have *it*.

Morris might just be our Major Applewhite.

Hopefully Huard is better than Chrissy Simms.

QB room looks good.

Morris is a freshman and if he is good, Huard is not only not going to play, he is going to transfer.

Pretty weird to type that out, but it's true. Barring Morris going to the NFL as a 6'1" non-prototype player.
    I just feel like we know what we have in Morris. My biggest worry is he's good enough to keep his job... but not good enough to lead this team to anything special.

I feel like Morris has a Keith Price ceiling... pretty good overall w. some heroic moments but many games lacking desired performance and some game-blowing blunders.

I think Huard has that ceiling that you pray for in a QB. He's the type when he reaches his potential that can throw for 40 TD's in a season and make this offense elite... it just may take him a minute to get comfortable and master the system while working on his physique in the process.

I'd hate to see us conservatively hand the reigns to someone who is going to routinely lead us to the Alamo Bowl versus someone I think can lead us to the playoff.
    Keith Price didn’t work hard. Keith Price was average at best after his first 6 starts. He wasn’t a great leader. He also played for Sark.

Morris is better in just about every way. Take the screenshots. Also, if Huard was better he would at least every now and then perform better than Morris is practice. Nobody has even said he has.

We aren’t settling with Morris. He’s by far the best Qb right now. If he plays shitty, we can think about Huard.
    You know this how?

If Morris turns out to be way better than Keith Price I'll be forever shocked.
    A defensive coach that was on staff. Bashed Price, Miles, and Lindquist. All the coaches back then thought QB held them back. I didn’t hear it from the coach but it was second hand from a relative.
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925

I realize the practice reports blow a fair amount of smoke but it sounds like Morris has been a fucking beast and is way ahead of Huard. An offense with Morris, Otton, Kirkland, and Bynum could be fucking lethal as long as Donavon isn't running fullback dives on every play.

Defenses stacking the living fk out of box because they scoffed at Morris's ability to throw the ball down the field was pretty evident.
    I hope they keep doing that.

And we'll keep winning the P12N

And then the P12... and maybe a Rose Bowl.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    edited August 2021

I realize the practice reports blow a fair amount of smoke but it sounds like Morris has been a fucking beast and is way ahead of Huard. An offense with Morris, Otton, Kirkland, and Bynum could be fucking lethal as long as Donavon isn't running fullback dives on every play.

Defenses stacking the living fk out of box because they scoffed at Morris's ability to throw the ball down the field was pretty evident.

Well that's the million dollar question isn't it?

Can Morris take the top off a defense?

It's what will make or break him. Guess we'll find out. I'm not confident.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Well that's the million dollar question isn't it?

Can Morris take the top off a defense?

It's what will make or break him. Guess we'll find out. I'm not confident.
    Accuracy deep has to improve. Pretty small sample size last year tho and it’s not like all of the throws were under thrown. He has the arm.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    If anyone "deserved" that injury it was CW. Piece of garbage as a human.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

Lake is not Sark. He is Peterman 2.0. He's going to go with the game manager over the potential elite but inexperienced QB every time. Peterman and Lake are defense guys. They believe an elite defense takes the pressure off the offense. That's what their plan is.

In the good ole' days, this is what Husky Football was about (Race was there), but that was before the Clemson and 'Bama recruiting advantage was what it is today and college football was a very different game.

NY6/occasional CFP team with Dylan Morris or Jake Browning at the helm but you're never going win the biggest game.

I don't think we know enough about Lake yet to state this.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    But, I hope Jimmy is Pete 2.0+
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    Time will tell. I'm not sold that he's different than Coach Pete in this regard. Given his defensive bias and his OC hire, my intuition is that he is more like Pete than Sark.

Lake is not Sark. He is Peterman 2.0. He's going to go with the game manager over the potential elite but inexperienced QB every time. Peterman and Lake are defense guys. They believe an elite defense takes the pressure off the offense. That's what their plan is.

In the good ole' days, this is what Husky Football was about (Race was there), but that was before the Clemson and 'Bama recruiting advantage was what it is today and college football was a very different game.

NY6/occasional CFP team with Dylan Morris or Jake Browning at the helm but you're never going win the biggest game.

I don't think we know enough about Lake yet to state this.
    Other than Tui (who was a winner, but sucked as a passer), who do you put ahead of a healthy Keith Price going back 30 years? Maybe Junior year Brock? His 2011 season was the second highest passer rating for a UW QB in school history, narrowly behind peak-Browning in 2016. Different game, as far as offensive schemes and rules, Price thru now, but he was lights out that season.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Sam is a really good QB prospect, but if you give him the same WR’s Huard had, I’m pretty sure he would have done the same thing in high school.

dnc said:

QB room looks good.

Morris is a freshman and if he is good, Huard is not only not going to play, he is going to transfer.

Pretty weird to type that out, but it's true. Barring Morris going to the NFL as a 6'1" non-prototype player.
    I just feel like we know what we have in Morris. My biggest worry is he's good enough to keep his job... but not good enough to lead this team to anything special.

I feel like Morris has a Keith Price ceiling... pretty good overall w. some heroic moments but many games lacking desired performance and some game-blowing blunders.

I think Huard has that ceiling that you pray for in a QB. He's the type when he reaches his potential that can throw for 40 TD's in a season and make this offense elite... it just may take him a minute to get comfortable and master the system while working on his physique in the process.

I'd hate to see us conservatively hand the reigns to someone who is going to routinely lead us to the Alamo Bowl versus someone I think can lead us to the playoff.
    Keith Price didn’t work hard. Keith Price was average at best after his first 6 starts. He wasn’t a great leader. He also played for Sark.

Morris is better in just about every way. Take the screenshots. Also, if Huard was better he would at least every now and then perform better than Morris is practice. Nobody has even said he has.

We aren’t settling with Morris. He’s by far the best Qb right now. If he plays shitty, we can think about Huard.
    You know this how?

Roadie has always been a Price critic. Most of his specific critiques have been pretty accurate. I think Price was a bit of a goofball and probably not a real hard worker. The image of him joking around and hugging cuog players and then losing the AC in overtime is always going to stick with me..

Roadie ignores the bigger picture when it comes to Price though. He played for a retard HC and OC. His lines were historically inept at pass protection. He was battered severely for years and played through it in games like no QB I've ever rooted for. He was a fucking stud in my opinion and I wish he had been at UW under a better staff.
    He outplayed the Heisman winner!!!!
    I like looking up that game from time to time. It's fun to watch talented college offenses operate with only token defenses in their way.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,854 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

QB room looks good.

You know this how?

Roadie has always been a Price critic. Most of his specific critiques have been pretty accurate. I think Price was a bit of a goofball and probably not a real hard worker. The image of him joking around and hugging cuog players and then losing the AC in overtime is always going to stick with me..

Roadie ignores the bigger picture when it comes to Price though. He played for a retard HC and OC. His lines were historically inept at pass protection. He was battered severely for years and played through it in games like no QB I've ever rooted for. He was a fucking stud in my opinion and I wish he had been at UW under a better staff.
    He outplayed the Heisman winner!!!!
    Who now does the charity for champions banquets for my station in Waco. Nice guy… some poor life decisions.

CSB, I know.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter

Hang the banner you fucking loser.
    dflea said:

Other than Tui (who was a winner, but sucked as a passer), who do you put ahead of a healthy Keith Price going back 30 years? Maybe Junior year Brock? His 2011 season was the second highest passer rating for a UW QB in school history, narrowly behind peak-Browning in 2016. Different game, as far as offensive schemes and rules, Price thru now, but he was lights out that season.

I was always a doog for Cody Pickett.
    He was okay. Good Junior season that wasn't closet to Price's best year and he was throwing to Reggie.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I was not. I didn't dislike him. He was a good system QB when the system was humming. He would have made a great Leach QB.

dflea said:

He was okay. Good Junior season that wasn't closet to Price's best year and he was throwing to Reggie.
    Pickett was a good system QB. Gilby's 5 wideout spread chuck and duck offense was pretty well suited for him. He would have been even better playing for an OC who was actually good at that style of offense. Cody would have been a great Leach QB.

The problem with Pickett and that offense was that some defenses just knew how to smother it. UCLA was a good example. They'd take away Reggie and get quick pressure on Pickett and it was all over. Purdue did the same in that one shitty Sun Bowl. tOSU made it look even easier.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    edited August 2021
    My memory of Pickett is watching them play at ASU under Rick on my Mom's 175th birthday party at the house.

They executed a length of the field game winning drive that scored as time ran out. It was perfection

As far as a career Cody nor the team had the kind of success we wanted. Playing him with a bad shoulder was dumb as Gilby's epic win over Oregon showed. Better to have whats his face hand off than try to force it with Cody
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

My memory of Pickett is watching them play at ASU under Rick on my Mom's 175th birthday party at the house.

They executed a length of the field game winning drive that scored as time ran out. It was perfection

As far as a career Cody nor the team had the kind of success we wanted. Playing him with a bad shoulder was dumb as Gilby's epic win over Oregon showed. Better to have whats his face hand off than try to force it with Cody

Casey @Pawz