Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I still trust in Sam Huard

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
Butt I'm coming around on Dylan Morris. He certainly seems to have *it*.

Morris might just be our Major Applewhite.

Hopefully Huard is better than Chrissy Simms.

QB room looks good.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

QB room looks good.

Morris is a freshman and if he is good, Huard is not only not going to play, he is going to transfer.

Pretty weird to type that out, but it's true. Barring Morris going to the NFL as a 6'1" non-prototype player.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club
    I’d forgotten we? led the whole game.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Sam is a really good QB prospect, but if you give him the same WR’s Huard had, I’m pretty sure he would have done the same thing in high school.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Sam is a really good QB prospect, but if you give him the same WR’s Huard had, I’m pretty sure he would have done the same thing in high school.

I doubt it. Morris wasn’t good ngl to hit deep balls with the consistency and frequency Huard did in HS, even with those WRs
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    edited August 2021

dnc said:

QB room looks good.

Morris is a freshman and if he is good, Huard is not only not going to play, he is going to transfer.

Pretty weird to type that out, but it's true. Barring Morris going to the NFL as a 6'1" non-prototype player.
    I just feel like we know what we have in Morris. My biggest worry is he's good enough to keep his job... but not good enough to lead this team to anything special.

I feel like Morris has a Keith Price ceiling... pretty good overall w. some heroic moments but many games lacking desired performance and some game-blowing blunders.

I think Huard has that ceiling that you pray for in a QB. He's the type when he reaches his potential that can throw for 40 TD's in a season and make this offense elite... it just may take him a minute to get comfortable and master the system while working on his physique in the process.

I'd hate to see us conservatively hand the reigns to someone who is going to routinely lead us to the Alamo Bowl versus someone I think can lead us to the playoff.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone who has any idea what Morris is after 4 games is a loser
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,854 Swaye's Wigwam
    Classy post, classy poaster… when you’re not being a bully.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131
    I realize the practice reports blow a fair amount of smoke but it sounds like Morris has been a fucking beast and is way ahead of Huard. An offense with Morris, Otton, Kirkland, and Bynum could be fucking lethal as long as Donavon isn't running fullback dives on every play.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I’ve never seen lethal offense and Morris used in the same sentence before. Props.

I realize the practice reports blow a fair amount of smoke but it sounds like Morris has been a fucking beast and is way ahead of Huard. An offense with Morris, Otton, Kirkland, and Bynum could be fucking lethal as long as Donavon isn't running fullback dives on every play.

Thought the fullback dive was the least of our worries... least it helped get some first downs.

Defenses stacking the living fk out of box because they scoffed at Morris's ability to throw the ball down the field was pretty evident.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:

QB room looks good.

I just feel like we know what we have in Morris. My biggest worry is he's good enough to keep his job... but not good enough to lead this team to anything special.

I feel like Morris has a Keith Price ceiling... pretty good overall w. some heroic moments but many games lacking desired performance and some game-blowing blunders.

I think Huard has that ceiling that you pray for in a QB. He's the type when he reaches his potential that can throw for 40 TD's in a season and make this offense elite... it just may take him a minute to get comfortable and master the system while working on his physique in the process.

I'd hate to see us conservatively hand the reigns to someone who is going to routinely lead us to the Alamo Bowl versus someone I think can lead us to the playoff.
    Keith Price didn’t work hard. Keith Price was average at best after his first 6 starts. He wasn’t a great leader. He also played for Sark.

Morris is better in just about every way. Take the screenshots. Also, if Huard was better he would at least every now and then perform better than Morris is practice. Nobody has even said he has.

We aren’t settling with Morris. He’s by far the best Qb right now. If he plays shitty, we can think about Huard.

dnc said:

QB room looks good.

Keith Price didn’t work hard. Keith Price was average at best after his first 6 starts. He wasn’t a great leader. He also played for Sark.

Morris is better in just about every way. Take the screenshots. Also, if Huard was better he would at least every now and then perform better than Morris is practice. Nobody has even said he has.

We aren’t settling with Morris. He’s by far the best Qb right now. If he plays shitty, we can think about Huard.
    You know this how?

If Morris turns out to be way better than Keith Price I'll be forever shocked.