Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskies 13th In S&P+ (Wait till you see where the offence ranks)

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    Our defence will be better than last year by a mile. Offense obviously did enough good stuff for the math nerds so in DyMo I trust
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Canadawg said:

Our defence will be better than last year by a mile. Offense obviously did enough good stuff for the math nerds so in DyMo I trust

It's not that the math likes UW 2020 offense better than the defense, it's that the offense has 10 starters returning while the defense has 8 I believe.

All that returning production is why he loves the UW offense this year. We'll see how it performs.

The pieces are there.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

In S&P+ I trust!

Seriously, the pieces are all there.

Win or GTFO.

This
    Win the Alamo Bowl or GTFO.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I’m worried about the DT’s. We really need those guys to get better.
    I belive Tuli will be our best DT since Vita. Also we will have 3 down most plays this year which should cover up alot of the frustration with run stop. If our dbs are as good as everyone says then they should be able to cover people
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

In S&P+ I trust!

Seriously, the pieces are all there.

Win or GTFO.

This
    Win the Alamo Bowl or GTFO.
    What part of minimum expectation do autists not understand?

That is the MINIMUM for this year to give Jimmy a 3rd season.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021

Canadawg said:

Definitely need improvement, but there's plenty of reason to expect it. Taki is bound to be improved as he's a veteran now. Tuli is healthy, Bandes and Tuitele have experience and time in the conditioning program, and there are some other good looking young guys. This isn't a Sark/Ty/Gilby/Neu DL room. It's actually deep and spread across multiple classes.

Also one of the best thing about Bowman is thst he can slide in and put his hand down and be really effective in run D and as an inside rusher.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Definitely need improvement, but there's plenty of reason to expect it. Taki is bound to be improved as he's a veteran now. Tuli is healthy, Bandes and Tuitele have experience and time in the conditioning program, and there are some other good looking young guys. This isn't a Sark/Ty/Gilby/Neu DL room. It's actually deep and spread across multiple classes.

Also one of the best thing about Bowman is thst he can slide in and put his hand down and be really effective in run D and as an inside rusher.
    If Bowman gets hurt its the difference between 11-2 or so and 8-5

Not kidding
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Not kidding
    Stop it.

The only player on this team who might possibly have 3 win value is Ulofoshio just because there is literally nothing behind him.

Losing Bowman would hurt but the edges look shockingly deep even with all the hits they've taken.

I feel much better at edge than MLB.
    Bowman and ZTF being out leaves out with what, Smalls and McDoogie?

Not exactly proven players...

Eddie is a stud and Sirmon is 80% of the way to being a stud. He has a ton of promise but just needs to finish the fucking play.

Ive thought all the backup Lbs have looked good too when given a chance. Better than Smalls and friends thus far.

Plus, dline is just more important than LB
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Not kidding
    Stop it.

The only player on this team who might possibly have 3 win value is Ulofoshio just because there is literally nothing behind him.

Losing Bowman would hurt but the edges look shockingly deep even with all the hits they've taken.

I feel much better at edge than MLB.
    Me too by a mile. All my hopes for ILB have already cheated me aside from Heimuli. O thought Tupetala would be an impact guy this year but he has some mystery injury.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Lot of optimism here

Excellent

The fall will hurt that much more

I'M NOT LETTING YOU OFF THE BANDWAGON!!
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Canadawg said:

Interesting, because that's one of the areas I'm least concerned about. Tuli is a good bet for first team all conference, and Taki is well above average as gap-stuffer. Those two are experienced and good. And then there's a lot of talented depth behind them.