Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle's Greatest Dive Bar?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Seattle's Greatest Dive Bar? 31 votes

The Duchess
22%
DerekJohnsonwhlinderCuntWaffleLoneStarDawgYellowSnowFishpo31TXDawg 7 votes
Linda's
0%
The Blue Moon
25%
alumni94pawzCougzzseatownfunkhuskyhooliganLebamDawgpurplesweatsEl_K 8 votes
Pacific Inn
3%
1to392831weretaken 1 vote
Targy's Tavern
0%
Sloop Tavern
6%
Doog_de_JourKrunkJuice 2 votes
The Octopus Bar
0%
Mike's Chili Parlor
6%
Fire_Marshall_BillJoeEDangerously 2 votes
The Rez
9%
SwayeSoutherndawgPawgDawg 3 votes
F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off....
25%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverBennyBeaverRoadDawg55spudenlouism2washtheknowledgeLaocoönBleachedAnusDawg 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4th Avenue Tavern in Olympia

Town Tavern
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2021
    The Duchess
    Shout out to the original Swannies, where the old school beisbol dudes did their post-game drinking, Kingdome version.

Edit: 2 other also-rans...the Roanoke down the end of 10th, and the Korthaus in Phinney Ridge (RIP)...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off....

Not Seattle but honorable mention. Funny that none of my dive bars are on this list because no REAL dive bar would still be in operation. My dive bar days were 40 years ago. Can't even think of the main one we went to on 6th Ave by the old United Airlines Bldg

I've discovered that the locals to Tacoma are very fond of The Poodle Dog. Shithole, but it's *their* shithole.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont really remember the names of bars I went to in Seattle, even the ones in the U district. Too long ago and i drank way too much. I can picture different places in my mind but can't put names to them.

Except the Big Time brew pub. We typically started there and usually bought our kegs there. I loved it for the shuffleboard table.

Count me among those who hated it when I couldn't even smoke in dive bars anymore. I really couldn't think of any reason to go to them after that. I wasn't even a smoker except at bars.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Duchess
    chuck said:

I dont really remember the names of bars I went to in Seattle, even the ones in the U district. Too long ago and i drank way too much. I can picture different places in my mind but can't put names to them.

Except the Big Time brew pub. We typically started there and usually bought our kegs there. I loved it for the shuffleboard table.

Count me among those who hated it when I couldn't even smoke in dive bars anymore. I really couldn't think of any reason to go to them after that. I wasn't even a smoker except at bars.

#metoo

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2021
    Sloop Tavern
    chuck said:

Big Time and College Inn were always my favorites after my (shout out to @MikeDamone) Earl’s phase (which I still remember). Those weren’t true dives but more like classic European style pubs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

After I quit smoking allegedly I also liked to bum a smoke while drinking

You could buy single cigarettes at 7-11 too after the fight

They whoever they are stopped that. Too bad.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Used to prefunc at Dantes by everyone drinking 2 pitchers each. Then head out to various destinations. Lox Stock was I think newish at the time and felt too refined for my tastes but they had dollar well drinks.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Duchess
    My first Blue Moon experience was quite interesting...The Crazy 8's were playing on a Sunday night, and I was with a large group (8-10) in town for a wedding. We cased it about 6pm, and there was a line. We dropped $50 on the bouncer, and said we'd be right back with the rest of the group (this was 85-6ish).

Things I remember: it was determined that there would be no drinking from glasses...when someone wanted some beer, they would tip their head back, and one of us would pour it from the pitcher into their open mouth (and, yes, we had women with us). We had conga lines that went thru both restrooms and behind the bar. And lastly, it was the first and only time I ever walked out of a bar shirtless...csb
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

After I quit smoking allegedly I also liked to bum a smoke while drinking

You could buy single cigarettes at 7-11 too after the fight

They whoever they are stopped that. Too bad.
    I guess they are the ones who won the fight because they were non smokers and didn't gas after 15 seconds.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Zoo Tavern in Eastlake.

At one time, the zoo was owned and operated by 5 hippies - I used to know their names. There was the grizzly chick who was there most of the time. The quiet dude in the sailor's cap. The tall handsome hippy guy. Two others.... Loved that place. There was some regular with a limp named Zody who was quite good but occasionally still cheated at pool. What's become of it?