Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

[Retro Nintendo] Best Flash game you'll ever find

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited March 2014
    Gladstone said:

Ninja Gaiden was so fucking hard back in the day. Actually it still is, some friends and I fired it up a few years ago and still got our asses kicked. Even with emulators and save state options we still died 50+ times until we finally beat it. Anyone who says it's easy is so full of shit I say.

Ninja Gaiden was the ninja game I was thinking of earlier that I couldn't come up with!!!11! Great game.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Track and Field was awesome. I forgot about that one. This thread has me considering buying a Nintendo. The only thing that sucks is they always have the flashing blue screen and it's probably hard to get one that consistently works without blowing into the game and system a hundred times.

I believe you download the old games on the Wii.
    I did that years ago, but it just wasn't the same without the 2 button controller.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    They make indie games nowadays off of Steam, etc. whose sole purpose is to surpass games like Ninja Gaiden in difficulty. Yes, people think that's possible.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    haie said:

They make indie games nowadays off of Steam, etc. whose sole purpose is to surpass games like Ninja Gaiden in difficulty. Yes, people think that's possible.

Sounds like a challenge. I don't play any games without playing them on the highest level of difficulty possible. If I can't kick ass at that level, it's just not worth it. Some games I just couldn't beat and had to give it up. Fucking battletoads was one of them. Once you get on those jet bikes, it's just impossible to make it through the level without avoiding landing in the lava.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Ghosts and Goblins was set at stupid difficulty levels. Hated that fucking game.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Ghosts and Goblins was set at stupid difficulty levels. Hated that fucking game.

Sounds like a challenge. I don't play any games without playing them on the highest level of difficulty possible. If I can't kick ass at that level, it's just not worth it. Some games I just couldn't beat and had to give it up. Fucking battletoads was one of them. Once you get on those jet bikes, it's just impossible to make it through the level without avoiding landing in the lava.

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Good luck. Report back. That fucking game is life sucking. I recall finally beating it, and then the fucking game tells you it was a dream or some shit (too much beer since then to remember) and starts you over on an even harder difficulty. Jesus Christ it sucked. Never made to the real end. Gave up. FYFMFE.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Gladstone said:

Ninja Gaiden was so fucking hard back in the day. Actually it still is, some friends and I fired it up a few years ago and still got our asses kicked. Even with emulators and save state options we still died 50+ times until we finally beat it. Anyone who says it's easy is so full of shit I say.

Ninja Gaiden was the ninja game I was thinking of earlier that I couldn't come up with!!!11! Great game.

dude, the game i posted in the OP has ryu as a playable character. all enemies/soundtrack are there too. swim in the nostalgia.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Curious if anyone else still "games" here?

Hey man, there's no reason to give up video games once you're adult. We grew up with them, and they're still fun. I've moved on to the playstation but I'd play some of those old games if I had a working system.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Good luck. Report back. That fucking game is life sucking. I recall finally beating it, and then the fucking game tells you it was a dream or some shit (too much beer since then to remember) and starts you over on an even harder difficulty. Jesus Christ it sucked. Never made to the real end. Gave up. FYFMFE.

You're one of my favorite classy poasters so I hate to do this, but whooooooooooooosh

Hey man, there's no reason to give up video games once you're adult. We grew up with them, and they're still fun. I've moved on to the playstation but I'd play some of those old games if I had a working system.
    Most games you can play on your computer are made for adults nowadays. Hotline Miami is easily the best and most disturbing game I've played in the last 5-10 years.
    edited March 2014
    haie said:

Most games you can play on your computer are made for adults nowadays. Hotline Miami is easily the best and most disturbing game I've played in the last 5-10 years.
    I had to stop playing NCAA football after I kicked over and broke a statue after a close loss. It's probably a good thing they won't be making any more of them. I like the Hitman series and some of the Call of Duty games. It's funny how some of those games make you feel like you're making moral decisions. For example on Hitman, I avoided killing everyone but my intended target and I always had the highest super stealthy rating or whatever it is, but I would massacre any Arab characters in the game. In Oblivion (the precursor to Skyrim) I joined an assassins guild and was faced with the moral dilemma of having to either murder my next door neighbor and make it look like an accident by rigging the minotaur head above his hearth to fall on him while he was reading his books at night (so that his greedy son could take over his wealth), or not advance through the ranks.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    It's funny how some of those games make you feel like you're making moral decisions

That's why I prefer the old school. For example, Smurfs for Colecovision. Rescue Smurfette from Gargamel's castle, that's it. No guns or war, just save the bearded cunt from that rat barstard
  • Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    Swaye said:

Hardest NES game ever... harder than castlevania or ninja gaiden. Anyone who said they beat it was full of shit.

haie said:

I had to stop playing NCAA football after I kicked over and broke a statue after a close loss. It's probably a good thing they won't be making any more of them. I like the Hitman series and some of the Call of Duty games. It's funny how some of those games make you feel like you're making moral decisions. For example on Hitman, I avoided killing everyone but my intended target and I always had the highest super stealthy rating or whatever it is, but I would massacre any Arab characters in the game. In Oblivion (the precursor to Skyrim) I joined an assassins guild and was faced with the moral dilemma of having to either murder my next door neighbor and make it look like an accident by rigging the minotaur head above his hearth to fall on him while he was reading his books at night (so that his greedy son could take over his wealth), or not advance through the ranks.
    By going off of Hitman and Call of Duty, you'd probably like Hotline Miami. Your decision-making in that game stops when you decide which weapon to brutally eviscerate 10-20 russian mobsters with. Most violent game ever imo which is crazy considering that it's done in 8-bit retro style. It's not nearly as hard as Ghosts n Goblins and NG, but it's badass in the fact that very few top-down shooters have you dying to the same amount of bullets as the AI, so it's still a pretty twitchy arcade game.
    haie said:

haie said:

By going off of Hitman and Call of Duty, you'd probably like Hotline Miami. Your decision-making in that game stops when you decide which weapon to brutally eviscerate 10-20 russian mobsters with. Most violent game ever imo which is crazy considering that it's done in 8-bit retro style. It's not nearly as hard as Ghosts n Goblins and NG, but it's badass in the fact that very few top-down shooters have you dying to the same amount of bullets as the AI, so it's still a pretty twitchy arcade game.
    I don't play games for the gratuitous violence. I tend to favor games where there are difficult missions to carry out that require some strategy. But shoot-em-ups can be fun when you're in a bad mood and you feel like kicking someone's ass.
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

You're one of my favorite classy poasters so I hate to do this, but whooooooooooooosh

It's like the video game version of a Citrus Bomb. And it landed on my face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    For once the revenge of the nerds comment might actually apply in this thread.

Yes I still play Xbox live in my mom's basement with a boner in my sweatpants. Whose judging?

For once the revenge of the nerds comment might actually apply in this thread.

Yes I still play Xbox live in my mom's basement with a boner in my sweatpants. Whose judging?

$100 says you're not too cool to play video games.