Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

[Retro Nintendo] Best Flash game you'll ever find

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
edited March 2014 in Tug Tavern
http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

Play 3 different games with any classic Nintendo character (Mario/Zelda/Castlevania/Metroid/etc), each character has his/her own physics and skillset.

[/nerdy post]

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited March 2014
    Regular Nintendo was the fucking best. Top 5 day of my life when I got one for Christmas when I was 4. The only thing that sucked was the machine didn't always work and you had to blow in the games to get it to work. I hated the flashing blue screen.

Best Games:

1. Mario 3
    2. Contra
    3. Mario/ Duck Hunter- The combo might make it #1
    4. Mike Tyson Knockout
    5. Kirby's
    6. Base Wars
    7. Ninja Turtles
    8. Metroid
    9. Double Dribble Basketball
    10. Batman
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Regular Nintendo was the fucking best. Top 5 day of my life when I got one for Christmas when I was 4. The only thing that sucked was the machine didn't always work and you had to blow in the games to get it to work. I hated the flashing blue screen.

Best Games:

1. Mario 3
    2. Contra
    4. Mike Tyson Knockout
    5. Kirby's
    6. Base Wars
    7. Ninja Turtles
    8. Metroid
    10. Batman

This list is worthless without Tecmo Bowel and Super Tecmo Bowel. RBI beisbol would make my top 10, too. Don't think I ever played Base Wars.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited March 2014
    NES Batman was damn awesome, good call. Also its soundtrack was extremely amazing for NES standards. Seriously YouTube that shit.

1. Castlevania 3
    2. Mario 3
    3. Tecmo Bowl (Bo Jackson ftw)
    4. Mega Man 2
    5. Zelda
    6. Battle Toads
    7. TMNT
    8. Contra
    9. Shadowgate
    10. Metroid

Can't decide if I prefer NES or SNES the most.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Best Games:

1. Mario 3
    2. Contra
    4. Mike Tyson Knockout
    5. Kirby's
    6. Base Wars
    7. Ninja Turtles
    8. Metroid
    10. Batman

This list is worthless without Tecmo Bowel and Super Tecmo Bowel. RBI beisbol would make my top 10, too. Don't think I ever played Base Wars.

I wasn't a Techmo guy until Sega Genesis came out. Great game though and I'm sure if I was, it would be right at the top for me.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    You guys had it good

Back in the day, you had to put in the time. Start out w/ Atari 2600

Graduate to ColecoVision a few years later, top notch graphics

And finally, Nintendo
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Where is iBLEED when u need him???

#Zerg'd
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Don't forget, the folks at Atari were nice enough to give you Combat FOR FREE when you purchased the console. That's just good marketing

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Does Oregon owe Atari some money for the 'O' ?

Don't forget, the folks at Atari were nice enough to give you Combat FOR FREE when you purchased the console. That's just good marketing

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    1. Tecmo Bowl
    2. The Black Bass
    3. RC Pro Am
    4. Mike Tyson's Punch out
    5. Bases Loaded
    6. Bad Dudes
    7. Track & Field
    8. Blades of Steel
    9. Contra
    10. Captain Skyhawk
    edited March 2014
    Mosster47 said:

1. Tecmo Bowl
    2. The Black Bass
    3. RC Pro Am
    5. Bases Loaded
    6. Bad Dudes
    7. Track & Field
    8. Blades of Steel
    9. Contra
    10. Captain Skyhawk

Think I had Track & Field II. Loved it, but there were some events that were basically impossible without the Zipper or some other type of cheat controller. Spent hours trying to beat the jumping and throwing events. Completely burned out my a button on a couple regular controllers trying to beat those things.

Good call on RC Pro Am.

There was a wrestling game that we played for forever that I can't recall the name of that would make my list. Good times. Guess it's time for me to put my top 10 together.
    edited March 2014
    1. Super Tecmo Bowl
    2. Super Mario Brothers 3
    3. Mike Tyson's Punchout
    4. Bases Loaded/RBI baseball (toss up for me, loved them both)
    5. Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt
    6. Double Dribble
    7. Pro Wrestling (That wrestling game I couldn't remember the name of)
    8. Ninja Gaiden
    9. Double Dragon
    10. TNMT

This was my dude on Pro Wrestling. Star man. Loved this guy.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,543 Founders Club
    edited March 2014
    Batman was incredible. Ahead of it's time IMO. Also the teenage mutant ninja turtles game was 'awesome man'

For the nerds seeking revenge here's the batman soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTHHh9EB53A
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I still remember getting the Power Glove for Christmas. I never used it because I couldn't figure out how to make it work. But I wore it all the time.

I still remember getting the Power Glove for Christmas. I never used it because I couldn't figure out how to make it work. But I wore it all the time.

Never had one. Wanted it so bad.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,543 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

1. Tecmo Bowl
    2. The Black Bass
    3. RC Pro Am
    5. Bases Loaded
    6. Bad Dudes
    7. Track & Field
    8. Blades of Steel
    9. Contra
    10. Captain Skyhawk

Think I had Track & Field II. Loved it, but there were some events that were basically impossible without the Zipper or some other type of cheat controller. Spent hours trying to beat the jumping and throwing events. Completely burned out my a button on a couple regular controllers trying to beat those things.

Good call on RC Pro Am.

There was a wrestling game that we played for forever that I can't recall the name of that would make my list. Good times. Guess it's time for me to put my top 10 together.
    The hammer throw in track and field fucked me everytime. Either it was impossible or I was too fucking young and stupid to figure out.
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

1. Tecmo Bowl
    2. The Black Bass
    3. RC Pro Am
    5. Bases Loaded
    6. Bad Dudes
    7. Track & Field
    8. Blades of Steel
    9. Contra
    10. Captain Skyhawk

Good call on RC Pro Am.

The hammer throw in track and field fucked me everytime. Either it was impossible or I was too fucking young and stupid to figure out.
    I still can't do it.

(Yes, I bought an NES at a yard sale a couple years ago.)
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,507 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Best Games:

1. Mario 3
    2. Contra
    4. Mike Tyson Knockout
    5. Kirby's
    6. Base Wars
    7. Ninja Turtles
    8. Metroid
    10. Batman

Fuck yeah, I played Tecmo Bowel at my friend's house constantly during the summer of '92.

I also remember playing Contra on a NES (I think it was mine?) after I already bought a PS1...ca. 1998.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDuy7wM8Gk

You Power Glove guys should get a kick out of that video. Ignore the stupid intro, review starts at 0:40 or so.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,399 Swaye's Wigwam

Where is iBLEED when u need him???

#Zerg'd

SC2 is so 2009