Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kim Grinolds: "Pete is doing some of the stuff Tyrone tried to do."

13»

Comments

• Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kim has absolutely no sense of humor. Guys like that are dangerous.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014

It's wishful thinking to hope Petersen cuts Kim off. He doesn't give a fuck about Kim and he never will. Kim would have to start telling players and coaches to go fuck themselves for that to happen. Petersen doesn't strike me as a pussy that will blame message board fans for losing recruits. All schools have those type of fans, and if a coach is any good, it shouldn't be hard to convince a recruit that those fans are a tiny minority of the fan base and not to let some idiot fans influence their decision. Sark hinting at doogman contributing to losing recruits was his excuse for doing a shitty job.

Exactly. This is the point I was trying to make, you just made it more eloquently.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    d2d said:

In his defense, "brb blonde" when you look like a depressed alcoholic, giving a blonde a banana at Starbucks, and saying the blonde fox sports reporter could melt a tamale are pretty funny jokes.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2014

Sark thought that doogman posters bashing Walker Williams lost him Garnett and Banner. He had no shot at Garnett according to the guys at Performance Edge or his high school teammates. If UW was actually a strong program with a coach Garnett liked, I'm sure it would have been a tough decision, but the reality always was Sark wasn't getting him. The reason doogman posters bashed Walker Williams is because Eklund said he wasn't good enough to play at UW.

The funniest part about all this was Kim calling Mattingly, Enewally, and Kearsley (BYU) idiots the next recruiting season after all his bullshit about not bashing recruits.

Here's my querey, did Sark really think that, or did he just halfheartedly spooge that all over Kim's face knowing he'd eagerly lap it up and run to the boreds to share it with the world? I'm not convinced Sark is really that stupid, I actually think he's a bright guy who's just lazy. He knew he could use Kim to distract from his own deficiencies, and he did. My guess is Sark hates Kim's guts as much as the rest of us do.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Sark thought that doogman posters bashing Walker Williams lost him Garnett and Banner. He had no shot at Garnett according to the guys at Performance Edge or his high school teammates. If UW was actually a strong program with a coach Garnett liked, I'm sure it would have been a tough decision, but the reality always was Sark wasn't getting him. The reason doogman posters bashed Walker Williams is because Eklund said he wasn't good enough to play at UW.

The funniest part about all this was Kim calling Mattingly, Enewally, and Kearsley (BYU) idiots the next recruiting season after all his bullshit about not bashing recruits.

Here's my querey, did Sark really think that, or did he just halfheartedly spooge that all over Kim's face knowing he'd eagerly lap it up and run to the boreds to share it with the world? I'm not convinced Sark is really that stupid, I actually think he's a bright guy who's just lazy. He knew he could use Kim to distract from his own deficiencies, and he did. My guess is Sark hates Kim's guts as much as the rest of us do.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    To claim that message board halfbrains are the deciding factor in whether a kid comes to a school or not basically is saying that those halfbrains have the ability to influence decisions at high levels ... which I'm pretty sure that I've also heard many of those same people say that our opinions are generally worthless to those in a decision making position.

You can't have it both ways without coming across as a hypocritical fucktard
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I can sum most of what you guys are saying in one event, the chat room during signing day and the few days running up to it. The staff star was a high school kid who was breaking all the rumors and who had the inside scoop. I think Pete has already cut off Dawgman. Secondly, the chat became a game where you had to discuss 3DB in between visits by the staff. I thought for awhile I would be booted. Oh well, the place is what it is.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

d2d said:

In his defense, "brb blonde" when you look like a depressed alcoholic, giving a blonde a banana at Starbucks, and saying the blonde fox sports reporter could melt a tamale are pretty funny jokes.

They weren't jokes.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Max Browne sure ended up with a banana at Starbucks in this game... he played things right and then ends up with Sark as his coach. Wonder how that'll play out.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Sark hinting at doogman contributing to losing recruits was his excuse for doing a shitty job.

There was no hinting about it whatsoever. Kim quoted Sark as saying that the Dawgman message boards "killed us in recruiting this year".
    That was the thing that bugged me most about Dude Brah was he never owned anything.

he DID take ownership of back to back 9 win seasons... does that count?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    Founders Club

Sark hinting at doogman contributing to losing recruits was his excuse for doing a shitty job.

There was no hinting about it whatsoever. Kim quoted Sark as saying that the Dawgman message boards "killed us in recruiting this year".
    That was the thing that bugged me most about Dude Brah was he never owned anything.

And if Tui had lost the bowl game, Sark would have said "we went 8-4"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

And if Tui had lost the bowl game, Sark would have said "we went a mythical 10-2"
    FTFY
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Great history lesson here.

Eklund bashed Walker Williams incessantly then had the nerve to scold posters that said WDWHA when Williams committed to Wisconsin. When the shit hit the fan with the rest of the class, Eklund blamed message bored poasters, the poasters fought back and called Eklund out, Kim came to Eklund's defense....huge clusterfuck.

This was literally the snowflake that caused the "Class of 2012 Avalanche" that destroyed in state recruiting under Sark.

Totally agree that Garnett was never coming to UW as long as Sark was the head coach. Then word amongst the recruits got out about the bashing of Walker Williams that was originally started by Eklund and it almost became a matter of pride to in-state kids to give the middle finger to UW.

No Garnett. Banner fucked with Sark and committed to USC. Then Rector decommitted and went to Stanford. Oh, and let's not forget the biggest middle finger came from Keivarae Russell. That kid literally said fuck Sark, fuck the UW, fuck everyone. Those kids even posted a picture of all of them together and posted it on twitter with a caption basically saying fuck UW. And it all began with Eklund ripping Walker Williams non stop during the summer and fall of 2011.

Then Sark gets a hold of Kim and those two decide to blame Doogman subscribers for Sark's in state dreckfest. I mean, talk about the pot and the fucking kettle. Those two had WAY more culpability for in state recruiting going into the tank than any group of fans or message board posters.
    Great F'in post.

The Myles Jack situation was a microcosm or aftershock of that avalanche.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ryan turman was our best poaster right?