Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dems to restrict Vitamin D and other supplements in new bill

13»

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

I think this is just for weight loss supplements, not vitamins. Could be wrong, and either way it's government overreach.

Vitamins and supplements are scams to begin with. Nobody actually needs them. If the article is true, it’s just another way to line big pharma’s pockets.

Vitamins and supplements are a huge industry. Look at any IG model and somewhere she is advertising some detox tea and/or other supplements.

There are many people selling supplements thru their branding on social media and Amazon and do well. I have a friend that is a millionaire from it.
    Neither vitamin D nor zinc are a scam.
    If you eat right, you already get plenty of both.
    Not if you don't live in a sunny environment
    I stand corrected. Not all vitamins are scams. I don’t think they are really that important or add substantial benefit, but to each their own.
    Guys like Ben Greenfield say that multivitamins are essentially worthless, that we just pee them right out of the body. So I'm not saying that you're completely wrong.
    So, if you drink a lot of coffee, drink a lot of water or drink a lot of beer (or hopefully all three) and you pee Vitamin C and B right out of your body, how to replace the vitamin C if you aren't eating fruit or drinking orange juice?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I think this is just for weight loss supplements, not vitamins. Could be wrong, and either way it's government overreach.

Vitamins and supplements are scams to begin with. Nobody actually needs them. If the article is true, it’s just another way to line big pharma’s pockets.

Vitamins and supplements are a huge industry. Look at any IG model and somewhere she is advertising some detox tea and/or other supplements.

There are many people selling supplements thru their branding on social media and Amazon and do well. I have a friend that is a millionaire from it.
    I stand corrected. Not all vitamins are scams. I don’t think they are really that important or add substantial benefit, but to each their own.
    Guys like Ben Greenfield say that multivitamins are essentially worthless, that we just pee them right out of the body. So I'm not saying that you're completely wrong.
    So, if you drink a lot of coffee, drink a lot of water or drink a lot of beer (or hopefully all three) and you pee Vitamin C and B right out of your body, how to replace the vitamin C if you aren't eating fruit or drinking orange juice?
    By diversity and inclusion
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

By diversity and inclusion
    Agreed, supplements seem pretty white. We we would allow blacks to buy supplements, but how would they get money?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021

I believe it's that the multivitamins aren't as potent and they go right through the body. It's not as if those particular vitamins go straight through the body, per se. Though is my understanding that the liver doesn't hold onto it for later use like it does with potassium.

Vitamin B6 can be found in turkey, chicken and bananas. B12 is found in beef and salmon. Liquid IV also has a lot of both,

Vitamin C can be found in lemons, broccoli and spinach. Liquid IV also has this as well in the form of ascorbic acid I believe.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I believe it's that the multivitamins aren't as potent and they go right through the body. It's not as if those particular vitamins go straight through the body, per se. Though is my understanding that the liver doesn't hold onto it for later use like it does with potassium.

Vitamin B6 can be found in turkey, chicken and bananas. B12 is found in beef and salmon. Liquid IV also has a lot of both,

Vitamin C can be found in lemons, broccoli and spinach. Liquid IV also has this as well in the form of ascorbic acid I believe.
    I agree that you can eat healthy. The vast majority don't and won't. So plan B.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I've googled about this subject came up with nothing. Did it get removed?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

I've googled about this subject came up with nothing. Did it get removed?

knowing big tech, probably

duckduckgo