Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Q for the bored re: vaccines

Comments

• Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Alright Damone - there is no official Pac-12 vaccine mandate, however all the NW schools have a loosely enforceable mandate of vaccinations per their websites. I would assume that the coaches and AD’s are strongly encouraging all players to get vaccinated so that they can avoid the contract tracing, the quarantines, etc and not have this impact the schedule.

Reading between the tea leaves here, I doubt there is a way to enforce a student to get vaccinated legally, so it’s this weird thing grey area of encouragement.

And here’s the kicker - the fucking SEC will probably have higher vaccinations than the Pac-12 because they’re committed to football and it just means more (money). I can only imagine Saban sitting at his office with a syringe telling the cunty backup left tackle that he’s gonna get the vaccine and not fuck up his season.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LB_33 said:

Alright Damone - there is no official Pac-12 vaccine mandate, however all the NW schools have a loosely enforceable mandate of vaccinations per their websites. I would assume that the coaches and AD’s are strongly encouraging all players to get vaccinated so that they can avoid the contract tracing, the quarantines, etc and not have this impact the schedule.

Readings between the tea leaves here, I doubt there is a way to enforce a student to get vaccinated legally, so it’s this weird thing grey area of encouragement.

And here’s the kicker - the fucking SEC will probably have higher vaccinations than the Pac-12 because they’re committed to football and it just means more (money). I can only imagine Saban sitting at his office with a syringe telling the cunty backup left tackle that he’s gonna get the vaccine and not fuck up his season.

I think Indiana university just won a court case mandating vaccines for all students. I assume there is a small set of exceptions.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

LB_33 said:

Readings between the tea leaves here, I doubt there is a way to enforce a student to get vaccinated legally, so it’s this weird thing grey area of encouragement.

I think Indiana university just won a court case mandating vaccines for all students. I assume there is a small set of exceptions.
    Basically every institution that “mandates” vaccines will have options for personal exemptions, including colleges. Direct from UW’s website:

“Exemptions will be granted for medical reasons or for religious or philosophical objections.“
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

LB_33 said:

Basically every institution that “mandates” vaccines will have options for personal exemptions, including colleges. Direct from UW’s website:

“Exemptions will be granted for medical reasons or for religious or philosophical objections.“
    Exactly. You can't get an actual mandate if there are exceptions. All the wash and ore schools have the exact same language.
  • Options

LB_33 said:

Per their website: With the ultimate goal of returning our campuses to normal operations, beginning with the fall 2021 semester, all Indiana University (including IUPUI) students, faculty and staff will be required to have a COVID-19 vaccine and be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption before returning to campus. This requirement is part of IU’s ongoing successful response to and management of the COVID-19 pandemic on its campuses and will allow the university to lift most restrictions on masking and physical distancing.

Same exact language as everyone else
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

LB_33 said:

Mad_Son said:

If they don't want a vaccine they don't get a free ride. They have the freedom of choice.

You idiots are useless.

I wasn’t asking your opinions. I know UW has a policy that students need to get vaccinated or file an exemption. Wondering if it’s the same for players. I haven’t read anything in it.
    Little bit of a paradox here. Students can’t be on campus without being vax and last I checked football players are somewhat students so if a football player doesn’t wanna get the needle poke is he not allowed on campus and no longer a student????

In all honesty the Pac-12 should just require it so there aren’t any forfeits. The last thing this hemorrhoid of a conference needs is game cancellations or a walk on playing qb in the Pac-12 championship game.

Students can file an exemption. Which includes “philosophical reasons”
    Being a pussy who gets their info from YouTube is a philosophical reason now?
    versus a really brave person who gets their info from CNN?
    Or you know. Every scientific study and the actual vaccine efficacy and safety data (and not jpgs from Facebook). Who the fuck watches cable news of any kind? Cool burn though. Bet you really thought you had something there.

For fucks sake. I asked about UW or pac12 policy you dumbfuck. Not a sermon on whatever you’re blathering about.

I thought I really had something…like you thought you did with the YouTube comment. Fuck off. JFC.
    I would have chinned this had it come prior to the CNN retort. With the CNN retort, you lost the high ground. Clearly you care.
    Like we say….fuck off.

My take away is no one here knows.
    This shit's been widely known for the last month. You yourself even acknowledged the personal exemptions wrinkle. Go ahead and PM @IrishDawg22 the next time you need directions.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Football players: "My body is a temple, and I don't want a dangerous substance in me that is only FDA approved for emergency use and hasn't been proven safe, never mind decades of research and development and clinical trials of tens of thousands of patients."

Also football players: "Rhino cum is not FDA approved for the purpose of being good at football, but it's known by the scientific community to cause heart and liver damage, increase risk of testicular cancer, and lead to bitch tits. Jam that shit in my ass!"
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jam that shit in my ass!"

Sounds like something you'd hear in a locker room for the other kind of football.

Or prison.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

LB_33 said:

Mad_Son said:

If they don't want a vaccine they don't get a free ride. They have the freedom of choice.

You idiots are useless.

I wasn’t asking your opinions. I know UW has a policy that students need to get vaccinated or file an exemption. Wondering if it’s the same for players. I haven’t read anything in it.
    Little bit of a paradox here. Students can’t be on campus without being vax and last I checked football players are somewhat students so if a football player doesn’t wanna get the needle poke is he not allowed on campus and no longer a student????

In all honesty the Pac-12 should just require it so there aren’t any forfeits. The last thing this hemorrhoid of a conference needs is game cancellations or a walk on playing qb in the Pac-12 championship game.

Students can file an exemption. Which includes “philosophical reasons”
    Being a pussy who gets their info from YouTube is a philosophical reason now?
    versus a really brave person who gets their info from CNN?
    Or you know. Every scientific study and the actual vaccine efficacy and safety data (and not jpgs from Facebook). Who the fuck watches cable news of any kind? Cool burn though. Bet you really thought you had something there.

For fucks sake. I asked about UW or pac12 policy you dumbfuck. Not a sermon on whatever you’re blathering about.

I thought I really had something…like you thought you did with the YouTube comment. Fuck off. JFC.
    I would have chinned this had it come prior to the CNN retort. With the CNN retort, you lost the high ground. Clearly you care.
    Like we say….fuck off.

My take away is no one here knows.
    This shit's been widely known for the last month. You yourself even acknowledged the personal exemptions wrinkle. Go ahead and PM @IrishDawg22 the next time you need directions.
    Fuck off. I was asking specially if anyone knows of anything specifically to football or the pac 12 that I couldn’t find. Like I said, fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

This thread began as a thinly disguised Tug effort and has descended into full-blown aids

Disagree. A couple retards like Nxtduck just couldn’t help themselves.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920

Are players required to get one to play?

All of the smart ones do.

What happens if they refuse?

They have to live with the shame of their coaches and teammates knowing they are dumbshits.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

They have to live with the shame of their coaches and teammates knowing they are dumbshits.
    You’re still a fucking idiot I see. Very consistent.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Jack “Cobra” Browning was the only vaxxed QB on the Vikings roster. Kellen Mond got COVID and the rest were sat out for contact tracing because they weren’t vaxxed. Browning ended up taking every rep at QB in their open to the public scrimmage

No ballz beyond 25 yards were thrown
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920

You’re still a fucking idiot I see.
    Says the guy that probably thinks getting a vaccine will magnetize his blood and allow the Gates5Gnet to track his location and read his thoughts.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mad_Son said:

Achtung, found the Nazi.

If the Juden don't want to wear a Yellow Star they don't get to buy or sell. They have the freedom of choice.