Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Q for the bored re: vaccines

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Are players required to get one to play? What happens if they refuse?

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    They lose their freedom.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,914
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If they don't want a vaccine they don't get a free ride. They have the freedom of choice.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

If they don't want a vaccine they don't get a free ride. They have the freedom of choice.

You idiots are useless.

I wasn’t asking your opinions. I know UW has a policy that students need to get vaccinated or file an exemption. Wondering if it’s the same for players. I haven’t read anything in it.
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2021

Mad_Son said:

You idiots are useless.

I wasn’t asking your opinions. I know UW has a policy that students need to get vaccinated or file an exemption. Wondering if it’s the same for players. I haven’t read anything in it.
    Little bit of a paradox here. Students can’t be on campus without being vax and last I checked football players are somewhat students so if a football player doesn’t wanna get the needle poke is he not allowed on campus and no longer a student????

In all honesty the Pac-12 should just require it so there aren’t any forfeits. The last thing this hemorrhoid of a conference needs is game cancellations or a walk on playing qb in the Pac-12 championship game.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    LB_33 said:

Mad_Son said:

You idiots are useless.

Little bit of a paradox here. Students can’t be on campus without being vax and last I checked football players are somewhat students so if a football player doesn’t wanna get the needle poke is he not allowed on campus and no longer a student????

In all honesty the Pac-12 should just require it so there aren’t any forfeits. The last thing this hemorrhoid of a conference needs is game cancellations or a walk on playing qb in the Pac-12 championship game.

Students can file an exemption. Which includes “philosophical reasons”
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

LB_33 said:

Mad_Son said:

You idiots are useless.

Being a pussy who gets their info from YouTube is a philosophical reason now?
    versus a really brave person who gets their info from CNN?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

LB_33 said:

Mad_Son said:

You idiots are useless.

Or you know. Every scientific study and the actual vaccine efficacy and safety data (and not jpgs from Facebook). Who the fuck watches cable news of any kind? Cool burn though. Bet you really thought you had something there.

For fucks sake. I asked about UW or pac12 policy you dumbfuck. Not a sermon on whatever you’re blathering about.

I thought I really had something…like you thought you did with the YouTube comment. Fuck off. JFC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    Anyone know the answer? Seems like not.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

LB_33 said:

Mad_Son said:

You idiots are useless.

Or you know. Every scientific study and the actual vaccine efficacy and safety data (and not jpgs from Facebook). Who the fuck watches cable news of any kind? Cool burn though. Bet you really thought you had something there.

For fucks sake. I asked about UW or pac12 policy you dumbfuck. Not a sermon on whatever you’re blathering about.

I thought I really had something…like you thought you did with the YouTube comment. Fuck off. JFC.
    I would have chinned this had it come prior to the CNN retort. With the CNN retort, you lost the high ground. Clearly you care.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Anyone know the answer? Seems like not.

My non dickhead response; players aren’t required, but due to the extra Hoops they’ll have to jump through if not (testing/isolation/etc) id be surprised if they weren’t all >95% by Labor Day. UW is already at 90% which will be a huge competitive advantage for them if they get it to 100
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam

As I said elsewheres, strictly from a football standpoint, I would strongly encourage players to get vaxxed IF it meant no tracing on positive tests. Preferably no testing at all actually. That ought to be the position: players all vaxxed, no routine testing.

In a world that made sense, even some threshold close to 100% should mean that (80%, 90%, whatever). I mean, the vaccine itself isn't even 100% effective.

Also, I think every team should designate one backup player to be their disease vector. Have the player who draws the short straw (and is vaccine hesitant) make out with a COVID-riddled staffer a week before game day, then make sure he's out on the field blowing snot on all of the opponent's best players. The fear of this happening might get the vaccine rates up league-wide and prevent canceled games/seasons and/or result in future losses for conference opponents.

Win/win!
  • Options
    LargeMargeLargeMarge Guest Posts: 72
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    They’re gonna lockdown so it ain’t gonna matter
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

LB_33 said:

Mad_Son said:

You idiots are useless.

I would have chinned this had it come prior to the CNN retort. With the CNN retort, you lost the high ground. Clearly you care.
    Like we say….fuck off.

My take away is no one here knows.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Are players required to get one to play? What happens if they refuse?

No one here knows. Nice try though.