Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would Petersen have landed JTT?

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Peterman and Simone Biles and Roberto Duran and Duran Duran are drinking a martini somewhere

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club

If Lake goes 8 and 5 everyone will want him fired

Over two seasons you mean.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    haie said:

chuck said:

I've wondered if Petersen sensing Emeka and JT being lost to Ohio State with almost no chance to change their minds was one of the reasons he decided to quit. The story about Emeka wearing Ohio State gloves with Petersen went to watch him play part of that.

I assume he would have gotten neither.

Wasn't there strong rumors that like two Junes ago JT had committed or was going to commit to UW?

Oddly I think he had a better chance at JT than Emeka somehow.

Petersen was a good closer. UW won most ecruiting battles that went down to the wire under him, including those against the likes of tOSU. I think those two recruits and the effort it was going to take to get them could've been one factor in him quitting. He didn't want to have to work that hard.

It's obvious what happened with Petersen. He didn't want to live at the office, fire undeperforming assistants, retool a floundering offense, and especially not continue the ass kissing to unlikable 16-17 year old kids.

It's OK to recognize his reasons for quitting and still hate him for it. Facts are facts. Rolling over in the bowl games is on him. 8-5 with losses to the likes of Colorado is on him. Whatever he did good is obscured by all of that and it's justifiable. It should be possible to talk about other aspects of his time at UW without rehashing those facts which are already well established though.
    That's all fine but then he needs to get the fuck off of campus. No statues for 3 straight NY6 losses.
    He was playing with Boise State Calliber talent. Recruiting was just starting to pick up when he tossed in the towel.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

This is by far the most positive Petersen talk I've read on this site

I would still perform sexual favors for Peterson. It could be issues stemming from Whillingham, but other than quitting prior to the Rose Bowl, he can do no wrong in my eyes.
    Same goes for Kawasaki or however you spell it.

TBD re Lake.

I for one like to doog, but recognize it's a disease. I'm on like step 3 of a 12 step program.
    my answer to the ??? is no - he folded up one and one half years before he quit. it showed imho

I am on step 7 but my third or fourth time around - 43rd of 48?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

chuck said:

I've wondered if Petersen sensing Emeka and JT being lost to Ohio State with almost no chance to change their minds was one of the reasons he decided to quit. The story about Emeka wearing Ohio State gloves with Petersen went to watch him play part of that.

Wasn't there strong rumors that like two Junes ago JT had committed or was going to commit to UW?

Petersen was a good closer. UW won most ecruiting battles that went down to the wire under him, including those against the likes of tOSU. I think those two recruits and the effort it was going to take to get them could've been one factor in him quitting. He didn't want to have to work that hard.

It's obvious what happened with Petersen. He didn't want to live at the office, fire undeperforming assistants, retool a floundering offense, and especially not continue the ass kissing to unlikable 16-17 year old kids.

It's OK to recognize his reasons for quitting and still hate him for it. Facts are facts. Rolling over in the bowl games is on him. 8-5 with losses to the likes of Colorado is on him. Whatever he did good is obscured by all of that and it's justifiable. It should be possible to talk about other aspects of his time at UW without rehashing those facts which are already well established though.
    That's all fine but then he needs to get the fuck off of campus. No statues for 3 straight NY6 losses.
    He was playing with Boise State Calliber talent. Recruiting was just starting to pick up when he tossed in the towel.
    No he wasn’t. It’s like calling Eddie a Boise State level talent. Our most talented team was easily the 2016 team.

Two NFL WR’s, three NFL TE’s, and Gaskin at RB. Defense absolutely stacked everywhere but Buck. That wasn’t Boise level talent.
    It was thin and that had a lot to do with the defense looking overmatched at the end. There was no room at all for injuries and they were bound to happen. There wasn't another Mathis or Victor available.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm sure JTT wanted to ride the bench for two seasons out of principal.

Pete doogs are getting way worse than Ty doogs.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

chuck said:

No he wasn’t. It’s like calling Eddie a Boise State level talent. Our most talented team was easily the 2016 team.

Two NFL WR’s, three NFL TE’s, and Gaskin at RB. Defense absolutely stacked everywhere but Buck. That wasn’t Boise level talent.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

It was thin and that had a lot to do with the defense looking overmatched at the end. There was no room at all for injuries and they were bound to happen. There wasn't another Mathis or Victor available.
    Don’t agree on Azeem, even tho he was my favorite player on the team at the time. Beavers and BBK played well when called upon.

Scarborough’s long TD had missed tackles by Gaines (tough play and he should have had help), and McIntosh. Bierria had the worst effort on the play and ran himself out of it.

It was also a hell of a run against a gassed defense that gave up a 12 yard run on 3rd and 9 from the Alabama 3.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

Don’t agree on Azeem, even tho he was my favorite player on the team at the time. Beavers and BBK played well when called upon.

Scarborough’s long TD had missed tackles by Gaines (tough play and he should have had help), and McIntosh. Bierria had the worst effort on the play and ran himself out of it.

It was also a hell of a run against a gassed defense that gave up a 12 yard run on 3rd and 9 from the Alabama 3.
    The long TD run also had a defender knocking another defender out of the play.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Take that long run away and they did pretty good
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

No

We still quit last year and he's a quitter before that

Quitters never win. Winners never quit

Agree, never giving up cocaine

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    Pulling this out of whether or not Pete staying would have been good for the program and placing it squarely on JTT recruitment, my gut says yes.

Moving forward with the NIL and soft West coast politics it's pretty much game over for the top recruits.

They are going to SEC, Ohio State, or Clemson.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can someone explain to me why they think this is the one time in history that a few teams will permanently be left at the top?

There has been a handfull of teams that go on runs every decade or so. Why all of a sudden is this run with Clemson and Alabama the finality of the the sport?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont necessarily agree with you but some points do make sense. I do believe NIL will not be as cut and dry "helps only the blue bloods" as everyone thinks it will be
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I dont necessarily agree with you but some points do make sense. I do believe NIL will not be as cut and dry "helps only the blue bloods" as everyone thinks it will be

The price of a top-5 quarterback just went from ~$200K (Cam Newton) to ~$800K, and somehow you think this will benefit the teams who previously couldn't come up with the $200K?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021

Canadawg said:

The price of a top-5 quarterback just went from ~$200K (Cam Newton) to ~$800K, and somehow you think this will benefit the teams who previously couldn't come up with the $200K?
    Well no but those players are entirely already going to the big programs.What I belive is the depth chart of the best teams will be very unstable compared to now.

If you're a low 4* that normally would be fine going to a top 15 recruited team like Michigan for instance you have 2 options:

A ) Go to the top team wait a couple years to play then maybe make the team and start getting attention for NIL cash

B ) go to a top 50 team like Arizona for instance and potentially start right away driving your NIL value up immediately

Top teams may or may not pay the croots directly but that was happening anyways so I don't see how it can get worse than it already is. There are only so many spots for starters and starting time leads to attention.

Note I don't think this will be how every kid feels but I could see it swinging some (more than currently) to pick smaller schools.