Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm sure (almost) of one thing

124»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

This website is ridiculous.

UW is a top 20 program by all metrics. It brings a massive media market, history of success, big fanbase, legit stadium etc.

There is not a world that exists where UW gets fucked out of a "superconference" merger.

Too much money is at stake for the University, which has shown a commitment to improving the program since the Ty Willingham cratering.

A lot of poasters have the perception that UW is a top 10 blueblood from an expectations perspective, while on the other hand treating UW like the KSU, okie lites, and WVUs of the world when it comes to realignment.

Yall need to get your shit together, grab the significant other, and take a walk on the beach

This. We are NOT a Top 10 blue blood. Never have been. We ARE a legit top 20 program rather easily. No other program west of Austin could put 65,000 to 69,000 in Husky Stadium after Owen 12.
    On the other hand, no other program west of Austin has had an Owen 12, either
    True, but no college team has even managed Owen 12 and a top 4 finish in the same 9 year stretch.
    I think we finished #3 in 2000
    Behind a team we beat
    That would have beat us by 2 TDs on a neutral field later in the year.

I miss old Husky Stadium. The new one just can't get it done.
    Winners win and we won

Take away a couple of long runs post of the day yella
    You're both right.

*Our winners shouldn't have been losers at Oregon though, then there'd be no need to disagree.
    I was there. Very frustrating game that ended with the ball in Tui's hand and a less than one score lead. UW never had it that day. I blame the Miami hangover
    I didn't even watch to Oregon game that year. Was too busy tall guy, fish fucking on the Green River in Utah.

Caught a 22 inch brown trout that day in the same spot where John Wesley Powell did a kewl rafting trip in the summer of '69.

@dflea
    Badass

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

UW is a top 20 program by all metrics. It brings a massive media market, history of success, big fanbase, legit stadium etc.

There is not a world that exists where UW gets fucked out of a "superconference" merger.

Too much money is at stake for the University, which has shown a commitment to improving the program since the Ty Willingham cratering.

A lot of poasters have the perception that UW is a top 10 blueblood from an expectations perspective, while on the other hand treating UW like the KSU, okie lites, and WVUs of the world when it comes to realignment.

Yall need to get your shit together, grab the significant other, and take a walk on the beach

This. We are NOT a Top 10 blue blood. Never have been. We ARE a legit top 20 program rather easily. No other program west of Austin could put 65,000 to 69,000 in Husky Stadium after Owen 12.
    True, but no college team has even managed Owen 12 and a top 4 finish in the same 9 year stretch.
    Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

You're both right.

*Our winners shouldn't have been losers at Oregon though, then there'd be no need to disagree.
    I was there. Very frustrating game that ended with the ball in Tui's hand and a less than one score lead. UW never had it that day. I blame the Miami hangover
    Miami hangover was squeaking one out against Colorado the week before.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

You're both right.

They scored 14 against CU which was also a huge game because Rick went back to Boulder and 16 against Oregon

By far the worst two scoring games that year

Big hangover
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

You're both right.

They scored 14 against CU which was also a huge game because Rick went back to Boulder and 16 against Oregon

By far the worst two scoring games that year

Big hangover
    The Colorado game I remember they turnovers ruined everything. Should have put that one away. But they didn’t.