Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm sure (almost) of one thing

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Before 2019 everyone here loved her.

A bad Hopkins streak and now everyone hates her.

El oh el.

I hated the hire

Then changed my mind and liked it

Now I just hate myself
    This
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I agree with PGOS that we'll be ok, but the main concern is how that happens, which requires a competent, forward thinking and risk taking AD. Uhhhhhhh.........

Because the way this plays out there is either a massive gap between #1 SEC and #2 B1G, with further huge gaps down to #3 ACC and #4 P12, with a cliff below that, or a manageable gap between #1 SEC and 1b + 1c, followed by a big ass cliff down to the rest.

B1G is going to be the driver of 1b. ACC is stuck with a 25 year grant of rights unless they add someone, and their best options are WVU and Kansas, I guess. Maybe Cincinnati. Maybe Colorado if the Pac falls apart.

B1G plus some combo of the best of the P12 is a clear 1b; it keeps the SEC from being too far out in front of them, and opens up a very sizable gap on the ACC. It would be nice for the B1G to lose some of its dead weight. But getting there requires the UW AD to go against the majority of its longstanding partner institutions and to drag the plan forward against what will be some very vocal opposition. To this point, Cohen has hired a football coach from within and retained a losing basketball coach. Bold decisions against the grain are not her thing so far.

A B1G/P12 strategic partnership/scheduling alliance/pooling of rights etc isn't going to keep pace.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

This website is ridiculous.

UW is a top 20 program by all metrics. It brings a massive media market, history of success, big fanbase, legit stadium etc.

There is not a world that exists where UW gets fucked out of a "superconference" merger.

Too much money is at stake for the University, which has shown a commitment to improving the program since the Ty Willingham cratering.

A lot of poasters have the perception that UW is a top 10 blueblood from an expectations perspective, while on the other hand treating UW like the KSU, okie lites, and WVUs of the world when it comes to realignment.

Yall need to get your shit together, grab the significant other, and take a walk on the beach

This. We are NOT a Top 10 blue blood. Never have been. We ARE a legit top 20 program rather easily. No other program west of Austin could put 65,000 to 69,000 in Husky Stadium after Owen 12.
    Maybe Nebraska
    Good lord Fire Pete you ignorant wretch. Austin is 97.0 degrees W. Lincoln is 96.4 degrees W.

Keep this guy away from the navigatior’s seat fellas.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I laugh at you cowards who think the SEC is some kind of untenable mountain to overcome. It doesn't matter how strong a conference is you just need to be a good team to beat the teams in that conference. The only reason the southern chant has embedded so deeply in your heads is the fact that Saban is at Alabama.

If Saban leaves so goes the majority of your nightmares as you're reminded that there has been dominant teams and conferences throughout the entire history of cfb that change decade to decade.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

I laugh at you cowards who think the SEC is some kind of untenable mountain to overcome. It doesn't matter how strong a conference is you just need to be a good team to beat the teams in that conference. The only reason the southern chant has embedded so deeply in your heads is the fact that Saban is at Alabama.

If Saban leaves so goes the majority of your nightmares as you're reminded that there has been dominant teams and conferences throughout the entire history of cfb that change decade to decade.

11 of the last 15 titles are from that conference. 2 of bama’s 6 titles are over conference opponents. Take those away and they still are 7/15. Going forward they also have biggest budgets to outpay and Poach coaches which IMO is the biggest issue.

You’re right that saban swings the pendulum further for them, but it’s not like it’s a bama thing alone.

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did you say the same thing about Nebraska?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

UW is a top 20 program by all metrics. It brings a massive media market, history of success, big fanbase, legit stadium etc.

There is not a world that exists where UW gets fucked out of a "superconference" merger.

Too much money is at stake for the University, which has shown a commitment to improving the program since the Ty Willingham cratering.

A lot of poasters have the perception that UW is a top 10 blueblood from an expectations perspective, while on the other hand treating UW like the KSU, okie lites, and WVUs of the world when it comes to realignment.

Yall need to get your shit together, grab the significant other, and take a walk on the beach

We will be in the shitty, second-tier "superconference."
    A pac 12 b1g merger would be a 1b at worst
    You have more faith than I that UW would leave Couglet behind. I don't think UW actually joins. I think they try to piece together the scraps of the PAC.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW is a top 20 program despite it's efforts to fuck everything up. We'll find a way to disappoint, it's the script
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

This. We are NOT a Top 10 blue blood. Never have been. We ARE a legit top 20 program rather easily. No other program west of Austin could put 65,000 to 69,000 in Husky Stadium after Owen 12.
    Maybe Nebraska
    Good lord Fire Pete you ignorant wretch. Austin is 97.0 degrees W. Lincoln is 96.4 degrees W.

Hey deepshit, 0.7 degrees off pretty good by my standards
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You have more faith than I that UW would leave Couglet behind. I don't think UW actually joins. I think they try to piece together the scraps of the PAC.
    Why would UW give a single fuck what happens to WSU? Lol
  • Options
    Founders Club

It would be "mean" to leave behind WSU. That's the kind of mentality that pervades at UW. There are no mercenaries in positions of power, at least not in terms of athletics.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pretty sure I was right about how the NCAA ruling should favor a big brand media market team but that we'd fuck it up anyways. I won't hold my breath that sweater puppies is going to go all in on paying players(like we need to) and sully the good name of UW academics with minor league football branding.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Maybe Nebraska

*dipshit

Speak Engrish.
  • Options
    Founders Club

It would be "mean" to leave behind WSU. That's the kind of mentality that pervades at UW. There are no mercenaries in positions of power, at least not in terms of athletics.
    And this is based off of what? Hiring Jimmy?

Seems like a stretch
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

They wouldn't. Fucking clown thoughts.

Early September Apple Cups sponsored by Climate Pledge Homeless Shelter will special.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021

Seems like a stretch
    Based off of the political culture at the university. Based off of how Jenn was hired, how Jimmy got the job, lack of aggressive marketing outside of "greatest setting" and sustainability awards, hiring Duck grads to run AD marketing in to the ground, forfeiting the P12 North title and P12 Championship game spot while also wishing your hated rival "good luck." Do you not understand the culture in Western Washington?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Maybe Nebraska

*dipshit

Speak Engrish.
    Touché
  • Options
    Founders Club

Seems like a stretch
    Based off of the political culture at the university. Based off of how Jenn was hired, how Jimmy got the job, lack of aggressive marketing outside of "greatest setting" and sustainability awards, hiring Duck grads to run AD marketing in to the ground, forfeiting the P12 North title and P12 Championship game spot while also wishing your hated rival "good luck." Do you not understand the culture in Western Washington?
    I see you're confusing some cringey decision making with willingly cutting off millions of dollars of income

Hiring from within is a devil you know tactic, and the UW marketing department needs improvement no doubt.

Neither of those things mean UW is voluntarily going to take a ~25 million haircut over fucking cuog