Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    No offense Derek. I read yours too.
    I sense a Groz ‘n Gas thread forthcoming…
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club

You lit the fuse

You lit the fuse
    The doldrums of July🤷‍♂️
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter

Odd that a book written by Gas says "Written by Chris Fetters" on the cover
    What’s really odd is it also says “Forward by Chris Fetters”.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Odd that a book written by Gas says "Written by Chris Fetters" on the cover
    What’s really odd is it also says “Forward by Chris Fetters”.
    Chris nacho fetters*
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

No offense Derek. I read yours too.

No offense taken.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club
    I will say this... When I was writing my Willingham book, Gastineau agreed to be interviewed, even though he was well aware of my criticism of the program and Willingham (and he was a vocal Willingham supporter).
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    I clearly remember where many people stand as “enemies of the progrum,” etc. but with Gas all I remember is that he was a boring guy with very safe takes.

I clearly remember where many people stand as “enemies of the progrum,” etc. but with Gas all I remember is that he was a boring guy with very safe takes.

Wrong. He took very strong takes that Willingham wasn't being given enough time and that this was so unfair. He co-hosted with Rondeau the Coach's Show that year, and I was massively disappointed in both him and Rondeau.
    Baseman said:

I will say this... When I was writing my Willingham book, Gastineau agreed to be interviewed, even though he was well aware of my criticism of the program and Willingham (and he was a vocal Willingham supporter).

I was at Salty Senioritas in Peoria, AZ. Gas was in there and I was with a couple guys Gas knew.

He came over to the table and we were introduced. He knew I had spoken out against Willingham. He wants to argue. James was overrated. The Huskies were only successful for two years and the fans supported James and gave him tim -- years -- to get guys in there. Billy Joe and Dainake Smith were paid. James wasn't lily white. On and on.

People like me were the reasons black coaches didn't get a fair shake. Gas didn't like the FACTS and someone willing to say it to his FACE. He called me a racist after I called and said Willingham was a losing fraud. Gas tried to belly me. I shoved him back and we were separated. For reelz.

CSB.
    Wow, that is some story. He didn't get belligerent with me, but maybe that was because the recorder was running.
    Fear No Man is a terrible title. He will regret that one day, just like I regret The Dawgs of War. I should have come up with something better.
    Thanks for filling in some blanks on the guy. I had my head up my ass during those years.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

I was at Salty Senioritas in Peoria, AZ. Gas was in there and I was with a couple guys Gas knew.

He came over to the table and we were introduced. He knew I had spoken out against Willingham. He wants to argue. James was overrated. The Huskies were only successful for two years and the fans supported James and gave him tim -- years -- to get guys in there. Billy Joe and Dainake Smith were paid. James wasn't lily white. On and on.

People like me were the reasons black coaches didn't get a fair shake. Gas didn't like the FACTS and someone willing to say it to his FACE. He called me a racist after I called and said Willingham was a losing fraud. Gas tried to belly me. I shoved him back and we were separated. For reelz.

CSB.
    Wow, that is some story. He didn't get belligerent with me, but maybe that was because the recorder was running.
    He was drunk. So was I. This was March 2008 before Owen Tweleve. I was proved right on my take and you and I discussed offline why he probably singled me out.

Hard to argue with you after Willingham was proven to be a fraud
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Wrong. He took very strong takes that Willingham wasn't being given enough time and that this was so unfair. He co-hosted with Rondeau the Coach's Show that year, and I was massively disappointed in both him and Rondeau.
    This. Very Strong takes. Gas was a dogmatic TW Disciple.